FX Group System

could you give us some situations where you would close a trade early?

sure, if i see the price action change quickly to go against me then i would ake profit early, especially if my stop is at breakeven and the trade is only a few pips in profit. Better a few pips than none.

If the 5min chart gave a clear indication of trend reversal. Just generally to avoid letting a small profit run into a large loss.

Although it is important to have courage in your convictions.

Hi guys.
yes I was capable to install and run it. Thanks all for your help.

Hi Koala,

Thanks for sharing your system. I hope at some point, I would be able to generate the kind of returns that you’ve managed to garner. :slight_smile:

Some initial questions I have after reading your manual:

1. For the stochastic confirmation, what happens when they are bunched up together? What if they are going in the same direction of the trade which you will enter but they are wide apart?

2. Is there a specific time period which is best for using your system?

Thanks.

Hi Koala666 and the rest of the gang, I look foreward to test your system. Your results are amazing!!! Thank you for your hard work!

Bill

Thanks again for agreeing to allow me to work with your system Koala for starters.

I just wanted to tell everyone that’s following this thread that I had the time today to start building this strategy into an EA. I have a beta build that now has all of the data organized in the required arrays to interpret when to open positions. Tomorrow I’m planning on building the functions to determine when to open positions based on this organized information. It’s currently only built for Alpari and the EURUSD but will be ported to various different brokers and as many currency pairs as available. Once the build is to the point where it’s clean enough to present I’ll post the source for everyone to test and give me insight for future builds. I’ll update again later once more progress has been made.

One question for you Koala, do you wait for a period to close before placing your position? I know many people who promote trading when a period closes/ new period starts and just as many that say place position ASAP! I’m trying to build this system to duplicate your results as best as possible as long as you’re willing to provide the information. Thanks mate!

-J

Hi koala. I have followed this on Forex Factory and beginning to use it, but I dislike MT4 - do you know of anyone configuring this system to use in marketscope?

Does anyone know the name of the skype room?

Can you send me a private msg with it. Thx.

Hi koala,

Have you traded this system on a higher time frame such as 4h or daily? if so what kind of results have you had?

Thanks for sharing your system.

this system looks interesting…

i would like to join this skype group aswell, can anybody send me the details please?

hi guys sorry for the delay in reply, im pleased some of you are starting to use the system.

With regards to the time period on which i close my trades, unfortunatley i dont do anything quite as specific as that. I look for my target depending on the price action.

I will attach a better organised trade manual to this post, along with the system account statement, which is now over 35k from 1k.

If you would like to join the group may i suggest you try to pick up my thread on the more popular forum, the name of which was mentioned earlier. The thread has the same title. I have to tread on eggshells as the mod’s here are terrible for handing out their warnings like sweets!

:slight_smile:

35K is a huge amount. That’s 3500% profit. I do hope that newbies out there would not think this is some kind of holy grail. Anyways, thank you so much for the system. I just finished going through the account statement and discovered that the amount of lots you used per trade was not a steady value. What determines when you use 0.5, 1 or 2 lots? Thanks

the lot value is decided by the time of day, how clean the signal is, and possible worst case for the trade. The statement shown is just simply to show how the system can pick the market direction pretty well. Normally over 70% of the time anyway. I believe there is no holy grail and the system can only really be as good as the trader that uses it. Although a good system will cut down the learning curve some what.

Im pleased you like it!

True talk. Thanks again for the system. It’s gonna be great if it remains consistent

I’m interested to see what kind of results people have had on the 4h and daily charts. It looks great for shorter timeframes for day trading and setting up good entries for swing trades. Does anyone have any experience of trading daily/4H charts with this indicator?

ddinnov,

I saw your trades in the other forum, and was curious as to why you chose the pairs and the longs. I trade like you by channel, although I use my own indicators. But my channels would have pointed me in the opposite direction. I would have asked you over there, but it seems the thread starter has locked the thread now.

As long as I am here anyone actually get into the skype room, I sent several messages to the owner with no response.

Happy trading
Tom

He told me he had to close the skype room, it got crazy with to many people.

Hi,

That was a bit of an experiment with the indicators on the daily charts just going in the direction of the crossovers – which went spectacularly wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure how suited this system is to the 1D and 4H charts. It’s back to the channels for me. It might be worth backtesting them a bit although I find the crossovers a bit slow to catch up with the moves on the higher timeframes.

I’m learning the Fender Stratocaster guy’s stress free system now, it’s quite solid. If I get to a point when I can place my trades on the shorter timeframes for better entries I’d look back at this system for the 1H/15m charts

You might take a look at the Ema Step System here on babypips. 301 Moved Permanently

Where is the Fender Stratocaster system found?

It’s on the other forum where the mian thread about this system can be found. It’s called ‘stress free trading’ or something like that. It’s geared to the daily and weekly charts so we’re talking quite long timeframes.

Anyway I don’t want to detract from this system, was just answering the question about the 1D chart trades I put up earlier in the week to test this indicator out.

This is an excellent system - and I wish I could trade during the day. Especially as I’m based in London.