GBP/JPY Equity Building Profitable trading strategies

I am not getting long with any more until she hits say 129 and 128.

I expect her to come down and pick me up and I am a fool for not going short!

And don’t tell me guppy is not reading this forum thread!

I know she left and acted like she was going to work but here she squeezes the trigger on my emotions or at least tries too! Little does she know that my equity (banked pips in relation to drawdown) is like 62% now!

Hey Ram… cheers to ya…

something I’ve been playing with, is the 50EMA on the 15 min TF, she never really goes more than 200 or so pips above (unless shes in breakout mode) or below the 50 EMA…

Just another weapon to add to ur arsenal

All I can say ATM is…

[B]GO GUPPY GO!!! you are getting me excited now![/B]

I guess I am using 40 EMA on the close price
and the 80 EMA on close price. I guess I use these to tell me what the MT trend is on the 15M

;)[QUOTE=Al Zheimer;87837]I agree: .!

I await break of 130 level (CONVINCINGLY) STO (D) says yes. MacD says Yeah. Traders ? BoJ ? 2 yays from the technicals/ 2 “don’t knows” from the fundamonals. I shall await the break ( either way).

My thought: if 132 is broken to the upside,then 140 is my next level of resistance.

Where the heck is Triple R? I am a contrarian trader ( I.E. whatever, he does- I do the contrary):wink:

QUOTE]
Triple R : Your Al Paca covert network HMMMs ( I am buying with 135 limits.
Indicators look up ( D) and 7 Jan down TL is broken to the upside.
The Jan 7 down TL is broken to the upside.

SHE IS STILL GOING DOWN OVER THE NEXT 3-5 MOs.

what is your game plan for the NFP unemployment figures us…shorts or longs?

My game plan is to stay on the sidelines as NFP is a big piece of news that can move things up and down. :slight_smile:

go guppy gooooooooo!!!

D charts ( 3 month or 1yr data) give appearance of inverted H&S pattern.
If this be the case, then 142 possible ( I’m thinking 140 which is prev S/R from '08/11).This was a strong support and COULD be strong resistance.

MacD & STO pointing up on D & W.
REMEMBER, THIS IS NOT INTRADAY INFO! This is days to week trades. I usually, have stops below the last week’s low (if long). I also, trade 1 mini lots to minimize the pain of drawdown. The trade that I closed today, had a drawdown of 240 pips, and I closed at profit 48 pips. Not great; however,when the trade was made- I knew that it would go in my favour (I just didn’t know when).Also, the mkts are in a consolidation phase, so there be no huge trends to trade.
Reading fundamonals,most news says the carry-trade sell (read risk aversion) is still in effect. WRT the Y, I am not so sure. So watch your ASSets and DEMO trade, until you KNOW the mkt direction.

One site today mentioned G/Y in falling wedge pattern and suggested a possible reversal to 180 (over next 2-3 months with large swings).
Another noted that Y was losing its “safe haven” status and felt that US/Y was forming a double bottom.

This is longer term stuff and not day-trading.
Triple R , she might come visit you in Va.(140s) then do an Obama and see “The Great White North” (180s).

She may take the McKenzie Bros. to heart and " Take Off, EH!":slight_smile:

in the last several hours guppy has shot up 150 pips or so!

I am going away for a bit, keep the faith and know the secrets are contained within yourselves, don’t let guppy get you down, In the long run I still say she has to go up even though for a short bit I thought she was heading to sub 100 and she still may, but for now she seems to be heading north for the spring!

I had been loading up on silver.

But I want to say before I go.

NEVER do business with Littleton coin. DO NOT BUY SILVER AT littleton coin.
The provided me with PISS POOR SERVICE. JAcked me around on a silver return for almost 7 weeks!.

I ordered some American silver eagles, they charged me almost $20 for American silver dollar eagles on January 8th, when they could be had elsewhere for a mere $15.75. So littleton coin is overpriced and provided me with VERY poor service.

I returned the coins to them refused return to sender, didnt open them
like 10 American silver eagles! They said for 7 weeks they never got them back!

Littleton coin shipped my 2009 american silver eagles the cheapest way possible with no insurance! I will never buy another thing at littleton cooin as long as I live. Littleton coin is by far the worst place you could buy 2009 Silver dollar american eagles, they will over charge you! And if you return them they will provide you with poor service and jack you around and hold your money for 7 weeks on a return! Then they will have the nerve to charge you for shipping! Nothing like some chumps 3.95 for shipping,
while they provide poor service and hold you $200 for 7 weeks!

s silver continues to head up guppy should do the same. I am going down under for a bit and wont be online probably. Take care and keep the faith!

I want to thank you, rrram2, for explaining this to me and also the hint on where to search. I did… and you all should check out this website. According to the individual, doing CFD is considered illegal in the US. I have not verified this… but none the less… might be something to look into IF you are in the US that is.

:eek:

ForexPerform � Contract for Difference Trading - CFD

MD

1 Like

Old system… New pair.

I am going to start using this strat on the Kiwi. My broker is paying half a pip a day ( which is about the best carry you can find now), and my super duper analysis tells me the downside potential should be limited yet still risky considering not all doom and gloom has been let loose all the way.

After becoming a multi-billionaire using the M2P strat on u/j and scaling out until it becomes unbalanced again, I got to thinkin and me thinkin thinks this may be a good idea.

To be honest, I didn’t become a multi-billionaire using the M2P on u/j, but I made a few bucks. So don’t waste your money on a forbes mag. My overly handsome mug won’t be found on the cover just yet.

What exactly is the system being used here?

Just curious as it’s such a highly viewed thread.

I couldn’t find anything specific on the beginning posts.

Thanks.

-ForexPhantom-

The first few posts contain everything you need to know. Everything else is just us fluffin and goofin off.

This is a very risky system that should never be your primary system. Use very little lots compared to your trading account.

The system in a nutshell is just buy gbp/jpy going down and let the interest on drawdown build your balance and cash out your positive trades and buy again on downturns.

Most if all brokers are not paying swap right now on gbp/jpy, so this system is not going to work on guppy right now.

Also note that guppy can move 2k, 4k, 6k, even 10k pips in less than a year if she feels like it. So small lot sizes is key. The one major failure this system can have is users not knowing how important it is to keep a maximum of no more than about 2:1 leverage total on all open orders. So if you plan to buy up to 10 orders. Figure out what the total of the ten will make your true leverage 2:1. Then you will know what I mean when I tell you small lots. Most figure up the lot size using the above formula and don’t want to bother even trading such small lots. Then they start trading larger lots than they should and make this their primary and only system. Next thing that comes is a blown account.

The failure and risk is not this system but the greed and misunderstanding that traders have using this system.

I too even got greedy and bought big tops in a falling market with this system. I was a lucky one. I only gave back most of my profits for the year and still closed out the year with a little profit. Looking back, I am so glad it happened. It thought me a great lesson on what the market is capable of doing and how fundamentals will always turn a market, even if severly lagging. Many who came here were not so fortunate.

Elijah, the creator of this system, has even been bitten a few times by his own greed. Maybe he will come back around soon and help me trade the kiwi.

Greetings everyone,

This is really interesting stuff. So basically, since the guppy is a positive swap currency, you do the following:

BUY it when it’s going DOWN (basically going AGAINST the trend).

Now, while it continues to plummet downward, you will be paid a swap several times a week, right?

This swap will basically be better than any savings account that you could ever imagine.

The beauty of the system is that when it finally goes positive, you cash out and wait for it to start falling again, right??

So basically you can never lose any money as long as you trade really small lots and do what I said above.

A couple of questions:

What are the other positive swap currencies?
If I was gonna invest with 500 bucks, I could safely trade .01 lots, right?
How much do you earn on the swap per month?
Do you guys use Daily charts or what to determine entry?
Why would someone want to place multiple orders?
Does it work when you SELL it going UP??

THANKS,

-ForexPhantom-

blah blah here to get past the “message to short filter”. Answers are in the quote box above.

I had a nice little profitable ride with the Kiwi as short as it lasted. There is not much point in using the pair for this strat anymore. New Zealand cut rates by 50 bp and were thought to make the cut as much as 75. I closed out all my Kiwi’s in profit with some swap built last night. Today I got a message from my broker that they will only pay a tenth of a pip per day for holding. So not much of a point to play that pair anymore.

Fundamentals are looking to find a foot hold in their almost bottomless pit. Maybe an early but cautious side of a turnaround in the near to not so near future. Then maybe the carry swaps will start paying again on the jpy crosses. That will be nice because when it happens all the pairs will start trending bullish. I will patiently count the days until we can get some of them bullish cary trades back. Those are fun times.

I will continue to use my primary M2P 50/200 strat mostly on u/j and a few other pairs for now.

oh well better to burn out than fade away. m2p always contributed valuable insights and was good to have around. Many things have changed but the concepts remain the same. Some things never change and the more things change the more they stay the same.