GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

+560 pips so far :57:

and countingā€¦

Not bad for a May 2015 join date I guess :cool:

You shorted successfully, I see!

Well done.

I am disappointed in the GBP/NZD trend at the moment, but it is just having a breatherā€¦

It will regroup at some point, and shoot up againā€¦

I suppose I am just having to be happy to wait further than the three weeks that I have been waitingā€¦

We came close to 2.40 this week, again, but, for the second time since July, we saw the pair touching

that level but being unable to break itā€¦ I do not think that this constitutes a ā€˜double topā€™ just as much

as I do not think that the NZD/USD similarly-shaped double-bounce off that 0.65 level constitutes a

reversal of its down-trendā€¦ However, only time will tellā€¦

For the time being, well done Zizi, you must be well pleased!

Hello traders!

Next week could be a slower weekā€¦

My attention is now aimed at the 10th of September, where we will get both the BoE AND RBNZ rate decisions: could you imagine what would happen if the BoE raised rates and the RBNZ cut them? I dare not thinkā€¦ It probably will not play out like that, but it will be a decisive momentā€¦

A week later, on the 17th, we will then see the Fedā€™s rate decision: if Yellen and the FOMC raised rates, it would be an incredible journey south for NZD/USD, which would send the GBP/NZD sky-highā€¦

But, trading is not made of hope: until such events have been and gone, we cannot be sureā€¦

from the news i digested, GBP got only Carney hawkish and the rest of the members are all against rate hike. NZ may only act upon FED hike. so we shall see.

Hello Krafty.

The MOPC vote was 8-1 (against-for) regarding a rate hike, so, technically, that is a shift from 9-0 againstā€¦

But, yes, we need to come out of summer ā€˜lullā€™ conditions and September will be just the month, as

economists expect this to be the time for the Fed to move on interest ratesā€¦

With the RBNZ it is more straightforward, because the Governor is the one who decidesā€¦ there is no

equivalent body to the FOMC or the MOPC, so it is Wheeler who says what goesā€¦ However if Yellen

or Carney decided that the time was right to raise rates, I am sure that this could influence the vote

of FOMC and MOPC members, who are not immune (even in their independence) to their chiefsā€™ power

of persuasionā€¦ if you know what I mean :slight_smile:

Eyes peeled!

Happy trading!

Good morning traders!

Did you see the GBP/NZD this morning?

Last night, between 2am and 4am, it jumped from 2.35 to 2.38! Why? The US Dollar got a boost against the Yuan, which has been fixed at a lower rate against the US Dollarā€¦the PBOC intervention was, therefore, negative for China-dependent economies like New Zealandā€¦

The NZD/USD was hit hard, which is why we are where we are this morning with GBP/NZDā€¦ Let us see what the Frankfurt and London open bring to this pair this morningā€¦

Happy trading!

:slight_smile: Iā€™m following you.

Hello dfx1108 (and anyone elseā€¦ Zizoforex? Eddieb?)

We are nearly half an hour after the London open and GBP/NZD has struggled to keep hold of that 2.38 levelā€¦

The pair is currently loitering around 2.3750ā€¦

The NZD/USD has not really recovered from the drop last night, and is ā€˜bouncingā€™ off 0.6550ā€¦ however,

on the hourly chart, the volume behind last nightā€™s drop was in the region of 150m units, whereas the

green candle we see for the 8am-9am period this morning has very little volume (about 50m units)

in comparisonā€¦ This means that it is a false ā€˜bounceā€™ and there is no strength in the moveā€¦

This could be a sign that the NZD/USD could continue to slide, and the GBP/NZD to riseā€¦

HOWEVERā€¦

There is a seasonality effect, in August, which means that liquidity is lower, and volatile moves

may not have enough momentum to break strong levels of support and resistance, because

supply and demand are not strong enoughā€¦

Levels like the 0.81 in the NZD/JPY, the 0.70 in EUR/GBP, the 0.65 in NZD/USD, and the 2.40 in GBP/NZD

all need a level of fundamental push that is unlikely in thin market conditions as we see this weekā€¦

We will have to keep our eyes peeled and see what happens (less liquidity means higher volatility,

so there can certainly be flash moves, as we saw last night for the Asian markets)ā€¦

Happy trading.

Without getting too excited, butā€¦

GBP/NZD is just breaking through 2.38, or at least trying toā€¦

Interesting to see what happens nextā€¦

Hi, still here but ridiculously busy at work so little trading and even less time on BP.
GbpNzd seems strangely range bound, maybe its waiting for me to come back :slight_smile:

Hello Eddie!

Worry not, I am doing my best filling in for you until you are less busy haha

Yes, frustratingā€¦ it has gone through a three-week cycle from 2.40 and back (to 2.40),

and it does not look like a double-top (because the NZD/USD is not really on a double-bottom

at 0.65), so it will eventually break 2.40ā€¦ That is what my bias, fundamentally and technically isā€¦

Shoot me haha

FROM 3.15pm on, we had three consecutive green candles,

going from about 2.3750 to, currently, around 2.3850ā€¦

No big of news that I can see, reallyā€¦ (US Wholesale Inventories was not a big headline)ā€¦

Previous attempts to break above 2.38 today all died out within 10-20 pips above it, so

this rocket seems like the right time to carry on to 2.39ā€¦ Who would have thought that

one hour into US trading hours the GBP/NZD would make its move?

NZD/USD has also moved down quickly, although more modestly, with three red candles

in the last fifteen minutes, down from around 0.6560 to around, currently, 0.6530ā€¦

NZD/JPY has also dropped down, in the last fifteen minutes, from about 81.85 to about 81.55ā€¦

Either this is just money-flow, or something is upā€¦

I will keep watch :slight_smile:

PS: this is an entirely Kiwi move, for the Pound has not moved in the last three trading weeks from

its hundred-pip consolidation zone (1.55 - 1.56)...

[B]Good morning traders!

Well, GBP/NZD rallied last night, and at 5.30 it touched 2.40ā€¦

This is the third attempt at breaking this level:

16th July was the first, followed by the 5th August, and then 12th Augustā€¦

Is this not a double, but now a triple top? The pair has retreated to 2.3850 now, but if 2.38 held today

then at least we would know that the worst was over (for GBP/NZD bulls) ā€¦

Bear in mind that at 9.30 (less than two hours from now) there will be a stack of UK data for the (un)employment

sectorā€¦ Keep your eyes peeled :slight_smile: [/B]

ā€¦ back below 2.38, falling 300 pips from 2.40 to 2.37 in the last four hoursā€¦ I am losing the will to live haha

This mornings rise turned back very close to my tp, now in the red.
Waiting for the next swing up

The way of GBP/NZD is the way to buddha buttocksā€¦

Meaning:

you have to sit like a buddha, wait like a buddha, and breathe like a buddha (=slow).

haha

Man this pair is like a roller coaster lol

Its on a key support level now, 2.3600. If this breaks it could fall another 300 pips

Good morning, peeps!

After disappointing NZ retail figures last night (11.45pm, GMT+1), the NZD/USD took a dip, pushing GBP/NZD past 2.38, and 2.39, coming close to 2.40 yet againā€¦

This morning, after the London open, it has maintained its position above 2.38 and is pushing against 2.39: will it collapse again during the European and American sessions, or maintain upward momentum? We will have to see what happens as the day continuesā€¦

Well, what do you know! It is nearly the end of the trading week, andā€¦after the entire day trapped below 2.39, at 7pm on a Friday(!) the GBP/NZD makes a last, desperate attempt, piercing through 2.39!!

CHARGE of the Light Brigade!!!