General considerations about our automated trading experiences (opinions, advices...)

Yes same here. Sometimes mt4 disconnects without any reason. Only restart solved the problem. Realy bad…

Omg, so i ma not alone and is not a problem of my VPS. I was almost killng my Representative at Activtrades. My 2 MT4 disconnected at NFP amd so my positions on Ray and Cabex closed at full SL since the EA were not able to control a rivela trades. Fortunately i have restarted manually the mt4 and immediately my BOs opened an incredibile quantity of trades that i have closed manually few later scared by disconnects, so recovering all losses and Also earning some. But in this way is not possible to use EAas simply too dangerous

This is spreading like the plague. Currently four of my brokers on three different VPS are affected.

I have decided to use an EA to shut down MT4 terminals if there is no connection detected and let CNS autoboot handle the MT4 restart. The EA uses the built-in connectivity check that comes with MT4 and which is known to be non-reliable, but it should be better than nothing.

ConnectionCheck_v3.zip (653 Bytes)

Since the weather was bad to go to the sea i have spent the last 2 days making some checks on what caused the disconnects in some MT4s while not on others. Found after many experiments that some eas Are not compatible with the new build. Contacted Phibase and as usual they were already working on the issue. For sure other eas Are affected by this problem and i suggest to contact their support. Making some cheks now on Polygon since it looks affected too. Another EA i think can be affected is Megadroid. Pay attention to this issue because it can be a deadly issue. On Friday i had luck: while my Cabex and Ray trades were closed in loss at much worse Price than the ref accounts, i have avoided the losing long trade on Monetizer which was closed in loss and on many brokers with huge negative slippage (IC Markets, which will receive soon a complaint from me). But immediately i restarted my Activtrades mt4 Monetizer triggered a short that i have closed at + 50 pips manually togheter with all the trades from my many BOs (F Real Profit, Keltner, FE Combo). But luck help us only 1 time. Closing the charts of the affected eas seems to solve the disconnection issue from my checks.

I haven’t had a single disconnect since last weekend while others are still experiencing issues. What puzzles me is that I didn’t touch anything.

Corre 71, thank you very much for starting this thread, and thank you to everyone that has contributed so far! Very informative to say the least. I wonder, have the connection issues with mt4 and the various EAs been resolved?

I’m new to ForEx, and have some experience trading stocks and ETFs. I’m excited about the idea of using EAs and allowing them to do the work.

My thinking goes along these lines…fund 3 to 5 accounts, each account would be dedicated to a different EA. Each EA would suffer no more than 30% to 40% Draw Down, and would employ a different strategy; one for Break Outs, one for scalping (a scalping bot may not be the best example as it requires more hands-on management), etc. Each account would be set to fixed lots of 0.01 to 0.02 for every $1,000. Is it unrealistic to believe that such a strategy can be mostly hands-off and earn more than 30% per year? Mostly hands-off meaning 95% of the time.

Starting out, I would rather keep my expenses down…is it possible to do run the strategy I’ve outlined on a single VPS? As I get bigger, I can diversify and set this up on several brokers and get the closest VPS to each broker. People are always talking about missed trades in comparison to a reference account, so diversifying later on would help to mitigate this, I would hope.

@ Corre71, I have a few questions, if you don’t mind:

• Do you still have confidence in Forex Diamond?
  • What is the risk you set Cabex in order to avoid a 40% DD?
  • Why is Monetizer frustrating?
  • Please define what is a “special broker” for some of your EAs.
  • You mentioned that you’re too heavy on bots that use a BO strategy, how would you diversify? What other strategies would you employ or investigate?

I looked at PAMM PA Trade, but it seems that it’s been having a rough time lately. Am I mistaken? It seems that it would’ve wiped out an account in its current DrawDown.

Kind regards

I am not sure connection issues are solved but i am using the FX Blue autorestart EA which is working great

I think u cannot define how to earn each year. The outcome is uncertain: u have to choose the Eas u Are confident and set your money management rules (lotsize) based on the risk u Are willing to absorb. Then some years resukts will be better, some other will be worse.
One VPS for 3 accounts should be fine

U can also run all the 3-4 strategy on the same account reducing the risk,
I run Cabex at risk 5 on the bigger account and at risk 6 on the second One. Is a great EA, but u can expert 40 DD with risk 6 based on BTs
I run many accounts:
1 dedicated to Chimera under the Steady on fx IB
Then 3 rebates accounts: Thinkforex which is going very good also with higher spreads where i run many many eas, then Hotforex with less eas and then IC Markets where i run also Easy Walker which requires tight spreads. Anyway i have stopped for June all my asian scalpers (easy Walker and Megadroid) and will restart them in September
I earn only from rebates on these accounts about 4% monthly
I run also 2 demos: One to copy trades on other 4 accounts (it is going very good) and another to evaluate other eas in test. Other demo accounts and other EA in test will be added
I have never stopped to run Diamond, it helps a lot on my rebates. Also Polygon is very good for rebates, but found that is very broker dependent (and risky, specially if used togheter with Diamond and Wally, because the strategy is very similar). Also running Volatility Factor
Special conditions i mean low spreads so i refer to raw spread brokers like IC markets, Pepperstone and others
Most of my funds Are on Activtrades, which i consider a very reliable broker

Monetizer is frustrating because aims to too high take profits and is not suited with this market: i am heavy manually intervening on it and so earning nice money bu for actual market condition Are much better suited Fe Combo Volatility strategy and Forex real Profit BO strategy. Also Keltner is suffering and i am considering some manual intervention on it too. Fortunately have started Keltner this winter and so i am in good gain too
I like all eas with good risk reward ratio like Cabex and BOs.
I run many many BOs on my accounts at very low risk and many other Are in demo test ready to be used first on my smaller accounts and then on my bigger too. In this way i make my equity curve smoother.
Will add Many other EAs once i wil have finished my tests

Planning to start also a manual strategy on Donchian channels but only on metals and agricoltural commodities and meats

If u have other questions lot me know

P.S. The most difficult part of Automated trading is the evaluation of an EA. It requires a lot of time and efforts.

don’t forget you have a lot of manual intervention:8:

That’s true. Some eas currently need manual intervention. If u look my FE Combo resukts Are much better than the ref account. Monetizer is in loss while i am in good gain. But overall i run only eas which should be profitable in the long run also in autopilot. I plan to stop all manua interventions in Sept, When the sea and holidays Are over