Going offshore to escape the CFTC

OK, but when? Balance on MT4 has been transferred, but a day later I still don’t have access? How about you?

Hmmm … the “unfortunately have been transferred to Tallinex” part doesn’t sound very positive :frowning:

In fact, you’ll find we take care of you every bit as well as FinFx - maybe even a little better… we’ve even kicked things off by giving you a deposit bonus on your transferred balance.

I’m sure you’ll love it at Tallinex :slight_smile:

Hey, Ace … hang in there a little longer. The process of migrating the trading accounts is fairly simple, but migrating all of the back-office information is a huge task due to the many differences between the two back-office systems. Rest assured, we’re working as fast as we can to get this final piece of the jigsaw into place.

Intriguing, I haven’t seen a deposit bonus on my transferred balance.

Whoever is posting here does not have the right information as I received different information regarding the deposit bonus when I contacted LiveChat regarding this. The contradicting information quite honestly doesnt sit right with me. If someone from Tallinex can please clarify with the CORRECT information regarding the bonus, that would be much appreciated because its quite confusing.

As far as I have been informed, the DEPOSIT bonus expired at the end of December 2014, and this is NOT the bonus we are being given as we have been informed here, but a chance to gain BACK the initial deposit after trading a certain amount of lots. I frankly would have liked the one that expired, but thats just me.

I’m not too concerned with the bonus. Right now, I’m technically unable to access MY money. Tallinex should have had back office access functioning prior to the transfer. Just waiting to see how they handle the issues.

Even more intriguing. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey, Ace

Since the client transfer was technically “as of midnight on Jan 31st” (because there were many managed clients and fund managers involved), we obviously wouldn’t have any client information prior to Feburary 1st. So, while we’re good at most things, even can’t make back office access in place for clients who aren’t even clients yet!

I’d like to point out, however, that back office access was not interrupted for existing clients or for clients who joined us directly over the weekend… it is simply that creating back-office profiles using data from a totally different back-office system is long-winded task and needs to be checked very carefully - it is not a case of selecting a file and just clicking “Import”.

A deposit bonus does NOT mean that money will be added to your deposit balance.

Tallinex operates a deposit bonus scheme which allows amounts deposited to be earned back as cash after trading sufficient volume.

Up to the end of December, we operated a CREDIT bonus scheme. The credit amount appeared as additional equity, but could not be withdrawn and could not be used to offset floating losses - in effect, it was simply additional leverage. Unfortunately, there are many people who believe that the need to read terms and conditions does not apply to them, and were subsequently mortified to find their credit bonus removed when floating losses on their accounts reached their cash balance and triggered stop-outs.

Since Tallinex now offers higher leverage than last year anyway, there was no need for the credit bonus system any longer and the “earn your deposits back” system was implemented.

So, just to clarify, deposit bonus amounts do not appear in your trading account - they appear on the Bonuses page of the Funding menu in the back office which provides a convenient way to view all deposits and the progress attained.

Apart from the very competitive “0.5 lots per $1” volume requirement, and the fact that there is no time limit imposed, a particularly nice feature of the bonus scheme is that “withdrawals” are permitted.

If you check the terms of other bonus schemes, withdrawing any part of the deposit amount (or blowing an account) results in the immediate loss of the bonus.

With Tallinex, however, that is not the case - you can withdraw any available balance, transfer funds to other accounts - even blow the account! The bonus amount [B]and the volume already achieved[/B] remains, so simply depositing / transferring additional funds to the account allows you to “continue where you left off”.

I hope that clarifies the situation, but there’s a quick note on the FAQ page and the full terms (legal version of te above) on the Terms page for those who want to read it.

According to livechat, back office credentials should be sent within the next two days~hopefully this comes through as well~

Again, i’m one of the transfers from FinFx. I have been trading with FinFx for years and have had no complaints about them.

Thanks for the welcome, Tallinex. When my account was transferred, i did not get any bonus, but i saw one of the posts here that says the offer ended December 2014, so i’m not concerned with that.

I’ve already started trading with your company, Tallinex, and so far so good, your trade execution and connections appear to be just as good as FinFx and it appears you are a legitimate ECN broker so far.

I understand you would also have all of my records transferred from FinFx, i have not gotten any back office email yet about my account information (this is important because that involves deposits and withdrawals) and am waiting on that.
Also, tax time is coming up, and since you would have all my trading logs transferred from FinFx, that would be important as well.

Those are my only concerns right now. If you could answer/explain some of those, that would be great. Coming from FinFx, which i believe to be hands down the best, most professional broker i’ve ever dealt businss with, I am a very discerning trader. I can only hope you follow in their footsteps. Aside from that, so far so good… I may post from time to time my experience with Tallinex so other U.S. traders who have been transferred or who are considering Tallinex, can be informed. Thanks.

Hello sknight and bubbles1121,

Are you two U.S. Traders who have been transferred over from FinFx to Tallinex, like me? If so, that woukd make 3 of us.
  • TraderBoyBP

Hi traderboybp
I am one of those traders that got transfer to Tallinex. I’m still waiting for my back office credentials. Having said that the platform transfer was smooth so far so good I am thinking if this company makes good on their promise there going to have a lot of business coming their way will soon find out in the next coming days.

Thanks for the info Bubbles!

Yes I am a US FinFX transfer as well~ One thing to note, has anyone noticed that the market order price and the chart prices differ? My market window prices are like 1pip-2pips lower than the chart prices…

I kept my FinFx MT4 and have not seen what you described. Did you download the Tallinex version?

The only change I have noticed so far is less price history for some pairs. I inquired with them about this and was told to use Tickstory to replace the missing bars. Example: I had price data on GBPAUD back to late 90’s but now only have to late 2011. With this market, I’ve been working off levels more than ten years old lately, so I have to find a solution. I’ll work on Tickstory and let you guys know how it goes.

No I kept the Fin FX MT4 as well…it matched up fine until I noticed it yesterday~…strange…

Okay, so presuming sknight is as well, that makes me, bubbles1121 and leoneverlose, that makes 4 of us U.S. Traders, transfers from FinFx. Welcome to the club. TALLINEX, are you reading this? You're starting to gain a lot of clientele from FinFx, a great broker, and if I may speak for all of us, we were very happy with FinFx, but are willing to keep an open mind, and are hoping you treat our accounts just as well as FinFx. 
 I opted to keep my FinFx settings and just updated my MT4 to incorporate it into Tallinex's servers. I have not noticed anything too off/misleading regarding their pricing and quotes. Are you sure you're not just looking at the bid/offers differently? The bids and offers are obviously going to be different in that case.

Does anybody know what’s up with the Tallinex’s spreads, becuse when I look at the comparative table of their spreads with other brokers, well, to say the least, they aren’t very impressive. I am looking at Tallinex ECN Pro on myfxbook forex brokers spread page. Can anyone please shed a bit of light on this matter? are these the actual spreads?

it should be because of MT4 settings. Charts are based on raw feed coming to server. Marketwatch prices include group markup. This should explain the difference.