Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Skrill don’t seem too enthusiastic about taking on new brokers - we’ve approached them a few times without success.

USDRUB will be available once liquidity providers resume offering it on reasonable terms… no date in sight for that :frowning:

Pretty-much the same situation for CHF pairs - when LPs improve conditions, so will brokers. That said, the fact that the SNB flash-gapped the market without warning when they instigated the peg, and flash-crashed it with the same lack of warning when they withdrew the peg, I don’t see conditions going back as they were for a very, very long time - it’s just places too much risk on brokers and LPs when a prime bank believes it has the right to inflict so much damage on the market.

Keep trying, please. The banks are screwing all of us on wire fees.

Yes, banks will continue to nickel and dime us to death. It’s what they do best.:58:

Once again, just to remind everyone, it’s the regulators here in the US causing the problems in the first place. I, for one, sure am glad they are looking out for my best interest. I feel good that they want me to deposit 15 times more money than the rest of the free world for margin requirements AND not protect those funds in any way like the rest of the civilized world.

New verbage from Assets Fx.
“Funds deposited with any means can be withdrawn by a wire transfer. Max two withdrawals per week. Max one time E-Payment withdrawal is $1000 and the [B]total withdrawals [B][B]cannot exceed the amount of deposits made via the same E-Payment processor.”[/B][/B][/B]
I’ve never heard of a broker that wont pay out more than you deposited ?? Also a limit of $1000 ? This concerns me regarding their financial stability and ability to pay.

Update on Skrill: Opened an account 4 days ago with them and tried to link my bank through ACH. Still waiting on Skrill to send confirmation. Unusual that it would take this long as everything can be done electronically in real time.

This is likely so they do not have to move funds around between their different e-payment systems in order to pay their traders. They seem to simply be asking you to withdraw your profits by means of a wire transfer.

Anytime I need something from Skrill, I call them. They take too long to reply to my emails. Recently it seems like they changed their phone number so I signed up with Vonage on my phone and got free international calling credit… then I called Skrill’s new UK number. Saved 7 cents.

That defeats the entire point of having an epayment system. I am only setting up Skrill to reduce the transactional costs of payment/withdrawals vs using international wires.

many brokers has similar rule upon epayment deposti/wd method. mostly fund in has match fund out at same source. perhaps they dont want to put another risk with LR case couple years ago :).
well, Skrill are one of regulated electronic payment (FCA UK), and I think brokers shouldn’t put those limitation when using skrill as payment method. mine also use skrill for couple years, at overall use it does coverage our transaction fee compare to wire transfer.

I just went to their website and the language there implies that they require you to withdraw your deposit back using the same payment system. However, they will make an exception if you decide to request a wire transfer. They will not convert between credit card and Skrill or something, but they will allow you to deposit with Skrill or a card and withdraw all of your money using a wire.

Yep, I understand their language but I question the business practice itself.
Lets say I open an account and deposit $5000 via Skrill. Over time I build the account up to $8000 and decide to withdraw $6000. I will be limited to withdrawing only $5000 via Skrill and will have to do another transaction of $1000 using a wire transfer (at a greater cost than the 1% Skrill fee). Now $2000 is still in the account and I build it up to $3000. At this time I want to withdraw $1000 and I can only do it via wire transfer and not by Skrill. Again at a greater cost using wire transfers vs Skrill and so on for all future withdrawals.
What was the point in even using Skrill in the first place ? Seems like the broker is counting on you to blow out your account before you can withdraw your initial deposit. So in effect you are “loaning” them money and they pay you back if you don’t blow it out.

I think it is expensive for them to load money into their Skrill account (since they have to use a wire transfer for this). I guess they are not big enough to be able to handle the fees involved for this convenience to clients.

Sorry Clint if this is deviating from the main topic…funding an overseas broker is more difficult than it would seem.

Upload step 1: select payment method

Card
You can also use a credit/debit card to upload money Add a card

Bank Transfer (ACH)
Add bank account

Unfortunately, we are experiencing issues with Bank transfer (ACH) and this feature is not currently available. Please use other methods to upload funds into your account.

paysafecard
paysafecard PIN (learn more)
Instant upload, 4.95 % feemax. USD 1000.00 upload

Manual Bank Transfer
Bank transfer
3-5 days, free no limit

Same message for over a week. ACH is not available.

What whould be your thoughts on the matter with the info you gave and Peter Schiff’s europacbank

No need to apologize.

Your problems with AssetsFX are not off-topic. Deposits and withdrawals are part of every client/broker relationship. If AssetsFX is making these essential functions difficult, this needs to be brought to the attention of this community. Thanks for doing that.

I hope that other participants on this thread [I]who are AssetsFX clients[/I] will weigh in with any relevant information which they can add to this discussion.

Sorry again, just to clarify this is a problem with Skrill not Assets. I opened a Skrill account solely to fund a new account with Traders Way. I have sent 3 emails to Skrill regarding funding and still waiting on a response. I actually funded Assets Fx with Paypal before they removed that option.

They take very long to respond so I just call them. I downloaded Vonage on my phone and referred my brother so I could get some free calling credit :13:

The number I called was the top one on this list: ```html
Skrill Phone Numbers - Pastebin.com

Although now I see at the bottom there are two US numbers…:60:

Appreciate the information Tom !