Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Yes - the requirement only relates to the opening deposit.

Thanks again. I am wondering if one opened a Tallinex micro account, would it be possible to upgrade later to a pro account by adding funds above a level of $2000?

Absolutely! :slight_smile: You can request to be switched between account types at any time (provided you have no open trades) but a simpler approach would probably be to request a 2nd account - you would then be able to move funds between the two.

That’s very good to know. I will now deposit for a micro and demo trade to test the waters.

I received this email from tallinex this morning.

"Due to uncertainty in the markets brought about by the current situation with Greece, margin requirements for all EUR pairs will be increased from 1% to 2% as of 20:00 server time on Friday (June 26th) and will revert to 1% at 22:00 server time on Sunday (June 28th).

Please monitor your account prior to 20:00 on Friday and adjust your positions (if required) to avoid potential margin call / stop-out."

I’m trying to completely understand what this means exactly. Does this mean over the weekend leverage is being reduced to 50:1? Or does it mean it is being reduced by half? This is all predicated on the fact that margin required is another way of stating leverage, which I may be wrong in my understanding.

It means that leverage will effectively be halved over this weekend.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Will this be [U]every[/U] weekend until the situation in Greece is resolved? Or is it a one time only thing?

Hopefully just this weekend, but it really depends how long Greece takes to either default or begin acting rationally.

First, there is never really any protection of funds for customers on the forex market. Second, Almost all platforms experience some sort of glitch when there is a huge news release, which makes orders a bit slow to execute during the rush hour. Third, Stay away from Tallinex (I’ll tell you I told you so when you come crying).

Why do you say to “say away from Tallinex”? I haven’t seen any issues of major complaints here about Tallinex.

Yes - I’m also interested to know

I was going to post a lengthy response here but I’ll cut it short.

I had 3 trades open prior to NFP that I tried to close following NFP on Tallinex that took, documented by the mt4 journal, between 39 seconds to the worst of the 3 taking 1 Minute and 46 seconds. While the same exact trades that were on my FxChoice account (trade copier) took between 1.5-3 secodns to close.

Did anyone else with other brokers on this list? I’d like to find another broker to keep my money in aside tallinex and fxchoice. I’m currently looking into tradersway but their swaps are horrendous. Practically every pair you lose on swap both sides.

There can be quite legitimate reasons for apparently delayed closes but, without knowing which account and which tickets, it’s a bit difficult to give a helpful answer / explanation. Why don’t you submit the details by emailing info[at] and let’s see what actually transpired? Just put “For the attention of Paul Callen” as the subject.

Yes, I got a similar email from ForexBrokerInc. Going from 500:1 to 50:1.
I am obviously not very pleased. :eek:

I agree with Tallinex’s decision to do this. Most traders who get a negative balance in their accounts as a result of a weekend back will not pay it back. In fact, they may even complain about it. I am happy to have my leverage limited temporarily if that means my broker is taking steps to stay solvent and financially sound so it doesn’t follow the same fate dozens of others followed in January following the Swiss Bank announcement.

I do have live accounts with Forex Broker Inc., Talinex and Traderways, and while the other two lowered leverage,starting last week and they remain lowered last I checked . Tradersway did not change their leverage at all at any point and I have withdrawn profit funds with Tradersway recently and it took less than 1 hour with money bookers, I have had live accounts with both of the former for longer periods so far am truly impressed with Tradersway. A big thank you to everyone that contributes and keeps this tread going.

I have live accounts with all 3 of these brokers. The first two are crooks, and Tradersway has been good so far. May only complaint is some of their funding options are not available for US customers. My sales rep Joe has assisted with any problem I had. Plus 1000:1 leverage. Only cost me less that $400 for 5 lots of GJ which was sweet last night!

I am curious to know which of the other brokers on our list have lowered leverage since last week and which have kept it the same.

renegade - why do you say Tallinex are crooks?

babypipsrocks - tho reducing leverage may be inconvenient, actually I thought it was a sensible move. Defensive action to protect both clients and themselves.