Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Hi, I have signed up with Finpro trading and I was browsing through backoffice website and there were couple of big spelling errors… hmmm… and what does “gayment” mean?

I posted something to the same effect a while ago but I am trading with Tallenex and they have been very professional, helpful and fair.

they are crooks i have an EA never worked on it i changed 4 diff MT4 from them still no trades also my simple custom indicator that i have which takes direct feed data that does not even match what i see so forget it its crap :slight_smile: useless STAY AWAY :slight_smile: TRY Berndale capital

I am a newbie to this forum. I just ran across (and joined) this forum and thread today and I am quite happy to find this discussion. I have been trading forex since 2008 using EA’s, and am currently trading an account at FXCM and also Forex.com. I was just this past week made aware of and opened an account at Berndale Capital, but have not funded it yet. This thread has made me feel much better about trading offshore out from under the thumb of big brother. Thanks to all and I will be “listening” to this thread with great interest.

Some comments for newcomers (and casual readers) in this thread
on the legality and ethics of offshore forex trading.

I started a Thread in the [I]Melting Pot[/I] forum to post exposés of the Panama Papers scandal, as it unfolds.

For those who have not been following the news, the gist of the story is this: The largest hack of data in history has exposed a huge client list of individuals and companies involved in tax evasion and money laundering, utilizing offshore tax havens, all funneled through one law firm in Panama. The client list revealed in this hack includes heads of state, heads of companies, heads of sports syndicates, heads of organized crime networks, and vast numbers of high-net-worth individuals.

Active participants (and active readers) in our Offshore Broker thread know that the offshore activity exposed in the Panama Papers scandal bears no similarity to the offshore forex trading we promote in this thread.

But, newcomers (and casual readers) in this thread might not understand the difference between the “offshore” scandal that’s erupting from Panama and the “offshore” trading we do here.

We have an enormous community of casual readers — this thread has been viewed over 700 thousand times. But, those “views” are mostly by people who don’t post here, don’t trade offshore, and likely don’t know the details of what we do here.

So, some explanation is in order.

• [B]The word “offshore” does not connote or imply anything illegal, unethical, or unsavory.[/B] The offshore forex trading we are engaged in here is not illegal. It is not prohibited by any U.S. law. Furthermore, it’s purpose is not to facilitate money laundering or tax evasion. Rather, it’s purpose is to allow us to trade in a relatively free environment, away from the oppressive regulations of the CFTC. The CFTC would love to have the legal authority to shut us down, but they don’t have it.

[B]As a result, we trade offshore without the risk of CFTC prosecution.[/B]

• [B]The word “offshore” doesn’t even imply secrecy.[/B] On the contrary, everything we discuss, advocate, and do is done right here, in the open, in a public forum — which the CFTC, the NFA, and the IRS can, [I]and do,[/I] read on a regular basis.

Furthermore, our offshore trading accounts are reported to the IRS and taxed as required by law. We have said again and again in this thread: Comply with the IRS regulations regarding the reporting of offshore financial accounts, report the gains and losses in your offshore forex accounts, and pay your taxes.

[B]As a result, we trade offshore without the risk of IRS prosecution.[/B]

• Some very bad actors are being exposed in the Panama Papers scandal. Many of them deserve to be hunted down and fined, or jailed. And I, for one, hope that happens. Their criminal activities, concealed and carried out in offshore locations, give “offshore” a bad name in the minds of people who fail to understand the details and distinctions.

We won’t be painted with that brush, because what we do offshore bears no similarity to the scandals being revealed in the Panama Papers.

Thanks, great post.

Yes, good post Clint. No need to condemn forex brokers for being offshore if they do it for good reason and according to laws. Don’t forget Google and Facebook are some of the largest offshore company structure users and basically every top tier bank like Barclays, HSBC etc all have offshore sister companies. Lastly offshore is not a structure for the rich and “elite”. It is actually quite cheap and easy to open an offshore company.

• [B]Offshore[/B]

RJ9000 and Nasir, Thanks for your kind words, guys.

Just to clarify, for the benefit of our newcomers and casual readers —

The offshore trading we are discussing and promoting in this thread does not (necessarily) involve opening an offshore company. Nor does it involve travel to an offshore location, or opening an offshore bank account.

In the simplest scenario, a U.S. resident (or a resident of any other country, for that matter) can open a live trading account with an offshore broker who accepts U.S. clients, and can fund that account, completely online from home. And that, in fact, is how most of us here have done it.

• [B]Berndale Capital[/B] (Australia)

The new Berndale website homepage is now up and running.

Welcome to this thread. I’m glad that it’s been helpful to you.

And thanks for posting about Berndale Capital. After you’ve had some experience with them, please give us an update.

• [B]LMFX[/B] (Macedonia)

For those of you who have opened live accounts with LMFX, this is a request for an update on your trading experience. On March 31, we tabled the LMFX request for Trusted Broker status (for a month), but it’s still pending.

In order to make an informed decision on that request, we need more feedback from those who are actually trading with LMFX. If that’s you, please post your comments and opinions.

I’d like to be able to make a definite decision on the LMFX request by (let’s say) Monday, May 2.

• [B]FinPro[/B] (UK)

This looks like an issue for HyperScalper to weigh in on, since he has studied some of FinPro’s performance specs (versus Trader’s Way) in great detail. HyperScalper, if you’re reading this, what can you tell us?

• [B]New candidates for our List?[/B]

We’re always on the lookout for new additions to the Offshore Broker List. If you come across a broker we haven’t discussed previously (that is, one not already in Group 1 or Group 2 of our List), please do some checking to find out whether they accept U.S. clients. If they do, mention them here, so that we can give them a thorough vetting. And, thanks in advance!

Anybody mentioned Hotforex?? Though I don’t know if it fits requirements, but my trades go smooth there :slight_smile:

HotForex is in Group 2 of our List (brokers that do not accept U.S. clients).

From the fine print at the bottom of their homepage —

HotForex does not accept clients from the U.S., Canada, Japan, Sudan, Syria and North Korea.

hi everyone,

brand new to the forum and i’m sure they have been mentioned, but forexbrokerinc is who i have traded with since nov. of 2014 as a u.s. based trader with 1:200 leverage. the liquidation of my interest is basically returned to me as a return of my purchase toward the broker in the first place, my initial capital. until i was “refunded” my original investment, i haven’t had to claim the money as income, and i have also had no problem with withdrawals.

i just broke through to profit this year so tax season will be different, in that i will have to file the schedule b and mark that i have an offshore account in the bottom section of that form, but other than that it should be cake and completely by the books, just income made without the “protection” from the regulators.

at one point i thought i saw something in fine print on the forexbrokerinc website about not accepting us clients but haven’t been able to prove if that was a halucination or reality. anyway, they serve me well.

hope this does something for somebody,
johnny

Hello, Johnny – Welcome to the forum, and welcome to this thread.

[B]Forex Broker Inc[/B] has been listed in Group 1 of the Offshore Broker List for a couple of years.

If you scroll to post #7 in this thread, you will find links to other posts in which Group 1 brokers, including Forex Broker Inc, have been discussed, reviewed and vetted.

Most likely, you were not hallucinating about that “no U.S. clients” statement. Several brokers make that statement on their websites [I]to deflect CFTC criticism that their sites are directed at the U.S. market.[/I] It’s easy for the CFTC to take pot-shots at a broker’s [I]website.[/I] But, it’s much harder, or impossible, for the CFTC to look into a broker’s [I]client list[/I] to see whether there are any U.S. residents on the list.

I’m glad to hear that your trading experience with Forex Broker Inc has been good. Please continue to keep us updated on your experience and your progress.

I was literally, just now reading through the list and thinking if i should go back and erase my post haha, thank you for the link to the further discussion and for your patience toward my forum faux pas.

I emailed a broker today called FxPlayer and they said they do accept U.S residents.HOME | FxPlayer Ltd

Hello, John

I took a quick look at FxPlayer. Apparently, this is a subsidiary or affiliate of Boston Merchant Financial (BMFN), which is a Russian company with subsidiaries in several countries.

The FxPlayer website refers to the various subsidiaries of BMFN (see below), but the BMFN website does not mention FxPlayer. Curious.

Both websites say that they do not accept U.S. clients, or clients from certain other countries. However, those statements may be the official, public position of the various BMFN entities, while privately their policies are “more flexible”. This should be investigated.

Here is some copy-and-paste from the two websites (I have highlighted some info in red):

FxPlayer

HOME | FxPlayer Ltd

© 2016 FxPlayer Ltd | Reg. No. 77375 | Trust Company Complex, Ajeltake Road, Ajeltake Island, Majuro, Marshall Islands, MH96960.

BMFN GLOBAL is licensed by The Federal Financial Markets Service Licence Number: 1220.
BMFN UK is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Payment Service Regulations 2009, FRN 563348 C4 & P3 for the provision of payment services.
BMFN EUROPE is regulated and authorised by the Financial Supervision Commission (FSC) Register. Number: RG-03-220.
BMFN AUSTRALIA is licensed and regulated by Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) ABN 14 145 724 509, AFSL Number 379035.
BMFN NEW ZEALAND is registered as a Financial Service Provider and listed in the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR), FSP328066.
NOOR CAPITAL P.S.C. is licensed & regulated by the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates.

Jurisdiction Warning: Please be advised, the services and products described on this website are not subject to the regulatory oversight, and is not intended to be used by residents of United States, Canada, European Union, Japan, Hong Kong, or Australia and not being solicited to residents and/or citizens of these countries, as defined under their corresponding laws.

FxPlayer Support Team
Address:
Trust Company Complex, Ajeltake Road
Majuro
Ajeltake Island
MH96960
Marshall Islands

BMFN

https://bmfn.com/

BMFN GLOBAL
Boston Merchant Financial Ltd is licensed by The Federal Financial Markets Service Licence Number: 1220

Please be advised, the services and products described on Forex broker serving traders worldwide since 1988 | BMFN and offered by Boston Merchant Financial, Ltd. (BMFN) are not being offered within Canada, or the United States and not being offered to U.S. and/or Canadian residents or citizens, as defined under applicable law. BMFN and its products and services offered on the site Forex broker serving traders worldwide since 1988 | BMFN are NOT registered or regulated by any U.S. or Canadian regulator and not regulated by FINRA, SEC, FCA, NFA or CFTC.

+1 514 667 8470
<[email protected]>
AUCKLAND
DUBAI

+359 2 491 7016
<[email protected]>
SHANGHAI
KUWAIT CITY

+44 203 318 0309
<[email protected]>
ZHENGZHOU
SYDNEY

+7 499 270 0067
<[email protected]>
CAIRO
LATIN AMERICA

+61 2 8805 1957
<[email protected]>
DNEPROPETROVSK
MOSCOW

+86 400 611 8610
<[email protected]>
LONDON
SOFIA

(The Federal Financial Markets Service highlighted in red is the Russian service — I’m not sure whether that’s a regulator, or simply a business licensing agency. Something else to look into.)

pepperstone no longer accepting canadian clients : /

[B]CFTC Warns of 23 new Binary Options and FX Firms Soliciting in the US[/B]

Three of our offshore brokers —

[B]Forex Broker Inc[/B] (Marshall Islands), [B]Tallinex[/B] (SVG), and [B]Real Forex[/B] (Belize)

— have been added to the CFTC’s stupid, and totally useless, RED List.

RED List stands for Registration Deficient List. It’s a list of brokers who choose [B]not[/B] to suck up to the CFTC, and choose [B]not[/B] to submit to Nanny State intrusion into their businesses.

[B]This List amounts to name-calling by a bunch of petulant, little ninnies at the CFTC,
who get red in the face, and stomp their little feet, when they can’t get their way.[/B]

The CFTC’s RED List is meaningless. The CFTC has no power and no authority to interfere with the business of these brokers, because the countries in which they are domiciled are not interested in being CFTC puppets.

Let’s raise a toast to the Marshall Islands, to St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and to Belize.

[B]Congratulations to our three worthy brokers.

It’s a Badge of Honor to be hated by small-minded bureaucrats.[/B]

[B]And, to a certain lawyer, who likes to run to the Nanny State
and squeal on offshore brokers who don’t toe the party line with the CFTC,
we bestow the SNITCH AWARD.[/B]

Here’s the STORY from [I]Finance Magnates.[/I]

It appears Profiforex broker still will allow for U.S clients to sign up for new live accounts. I emailed them and they said I am more then welcomed to open up an account with them. Seems their site and the Fxplayer broker I mentioned up above just make it look like they don’t Allow U.S clients on their site for added protection and so they aren’t bothered by CFTC idiots.

Interesting.

[B]ProfiForex[/B] (Seychelles) has been on and off our List in the past.

We should take a hard look at whether to put ProfiForex back in Group 1.

Your comments, please, guys.

It’s been strangely quiet around here lately.

— we still have the [B]LMFX[/B] decision pending, and

— I’d like to get a consensus on [B]FxPlayer[/B] (see posts #3531 and 3532).

Hey Clint, a little broker research has led me here so I thought I would say hi. I hope all is well