Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I have opened a Standard account with them and I am pleased with them. They do use the MT4 platform which is the standard, but I think their customer service stands out from the pack, at least in my experience. As you said, strawberries do grow at the bottom and this one is definitely worth more than a look. Those who have not given them a try should short-list them. I am confident that they will be pleasantly surprised. They also feature a blog and market news section which shapes up to be rather interesting.

Trading Point is also operating out of Cyprus. Some of the best customer service and flexible lot sizes Iā€™ve seen offshore. (off USA shore).

You may also be interested to know that Canada is also starting to whip their residents into leverage shape 2-6% margin requirements.
Margin Requirement Changes for Canadian-Resident Customers | IBFX

Word to the wise. Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Yeah excatly, for example I have accounts in three differen brokers in different countris.

That is very good advise. It is not a bad idea to have multiple accounts, but make sure they are all good brokers.

Has anyone used Forex Broker Inc.
Forex Broker Inc | Forex Trading | CFD Trading

Are you guys still at this?

Isnā€™t this called breaking the law why are you guys influencing americans to use offshore brokers? This is wrong the American Government will freeze all profits in those accounts and possibly impose a fine on you or imprison you for doing such unscrupulous acts.

We shouldnā€™t try to find ways to evade the Dodd Frank law that is illegal.

It was a sad day when the government let all the mad people out of the insane wardā€¦sman1109, you are the one who belongs behind bars, mental hospital bars, for your mentally incompetent OCD to control other peopleā€™s livesā€¦try controlling your own self, like the rest of us self-responsible people, the highest percentage of which reside in the still great US of A, where freedom still exists, if at an ever decreasing level.

Hi,

Has anyone tried any of these brokers? I want higher leverage and hedging, but Iā€™m a little nervous about going off shore for a broker. I have a mini account at Traderā€™s Way, they seem to be all around ok, I havenā€™t seen any funny stuff from them but Iā€™m not dealing with large sums of money either.

fxvv
IronFX
FXUP ME

Hi Klepto,

I gave IronFX a closer look months a go and they were on my shortlist but eventually decided for PaxForex. I have never heard about FXUP ME. Since you mentioned you had some minor issues with Traderā€™s Way, why did you stick with them or did you already migrate elsewhere?

Regardless of how little money you decide to fund your account with, you should never experience any issues in my opinion.

Ive been with Traderā€™s Way around 2 months now. I actually hadnā€™t had an issue with them up until shortly after my post. MT4 had no connection for like an hour. I know it wasnā€™t on my end because my MT4 demo accounts and internet connection was fine. I sent them an email and they responded and had the problem fixed within about a half hour. Itā€™s a good thing I didnā€™t need to close/modify any positions during that time.

I am kind of interested in FXVV. 100% deposit bonus and:

Mini account - Conventional and Islamic
Start trade with 0.01 lot
Leverage 1000:1
Spread start from 1.5 pips

Renouncing your U.S. citizenship.

File this under [I]ā€œExtreme Measure / Last Resortā€.[/I]

This isnā€™t [I]necessarily[/I] something you want to consider doing, at this time ā€” just an option to be aware of.

Socialite dumps US passport and most taxes - Business - Personal finance - Tax Tactics - msnbc.com

To even consider doing this, you basically need to have three prerequisites in place.

First, you must have a second passport, meaning citizenship in a second country. In some cases, it is possible to have more than two valid passports at the same time. A friend of mine has U.S., French, and Canadian passports, acquired in that order. Her French passport is essentially an E.U. passport, allowing her to live and work in any E.U. country (and to travel to scores of other countries without visas).

Second, you must determine that the laws and customs of your second country are compatible with your personal and business circumstances and needs. Then, you need to transfer your affairs from the U.S. to your second country, prior to initiating the process of renouncing your U.S. citizenship.

And third, you need quite a lot of money to pull this off ā€” it isnā€™t cheap. But, if this step allows you to save a substantial amount of U.S. tax, then you can actually end up richer, rather than poorer.

This is not a step to be taken carelessly, or impulsively.

If the U.S. government would stop meddling in our business affairs, and if the U.S. government would stop taxing us to death, then U.S. citizenship would be oneā€™s most prized asset, and renouncing it would be folly. Howeverā€¦

Hey Klepto, give them a try and tell me your experience if you donā€™t mind. Be careful with very high leverage unless you are experienced. Leverage is great if used correctly. I just checked them out and short-list them for a potential trial. Since you like bonuses, check out the $200 No Deposit Bonus PaxForex offers. That was my reason why I gave them a try instead of IronFX. So far I had only great experiences with them. I look forward to your comments about FXVV.

The issue you had with TW sounds a bit strange but if you did not lose any money due to that its all good.

Hey Clint, to be honest I am surprised that not more have renounced their citizenship. I think we will see an acceleration of that trend. I have already considered itā€¦

CLINT!
You are going to take PFG best off of your list, right?
oh, almost forgot they werenā€™t on there to begin withā€¦good thingā€¦hope none of you guys had any money with themā€¦no regulator could stop thatā€¦what a mess!

Wow, for the second day in a rowā€¦ Traderā€™s Way giving a ā€œno connectionā€ ā€œcommon errorā€ for over an hour now on my mt4 platform. Prices of all pairs are frozen. Iā€™m glad I have only pocket change tied up with this broker. Iā€™d advise not using Traderā€™s Way. By the way, Iā€™m a trader, and this is not the way Iā€™d choose my broker to behave, Iā€™d suggest the company change their name to ā€œBrokerā€™s Wayā€.

Also IronFx do not support US clients.

You donā€™t need the USA government to freeze your profits, you already have well known USA regulated forex brokers already doing this for you. For those who have not heard, PFG Best has essentially been shut down, pending $200+ million dollars missing from segregated funds account. Did I mention that the CEO tried to commit suicide? Apparently CFTC did not learn from MF Global.

This was all very timely, surprising only in the sense that PFG is an older and fairly establish company. Some people say there were problems over the last 2 years, but as a casual outsider I would have never seen it coming.

So I am wondering who is left of the overseas brokers who allow US clients? I only know of FinFx at present. That 200:1 leverage is quite enticing.

I have a question as to if the rule applies only if you live in the US? If you are a US resident but live in say Ecuador, can you use most of the overseas brokers? Sorry if this has been clarified already.

Does having an overseas broker allow one to cheat on their taxes, i.e. to not state their profits? Just wondering.

Edit: My bad, I didnā€™t realize group 1 was a list of offshore brokers that allow people is US to open accounts.

Hi FXAll,

The brokers Ive seen that do not support US clients usually have a pop up box saying so, or will not allow you to pick ā€œUSAā€ from the drop down box when signing up for an account. Neither of which show up when I go to open a live account with IronFX. Are they now accepting US clients? Or do they allow you to sign up, and then cancel your account later? Iā€™m just curious.