Going offshore to escape the CFTC

True, when you find these places, let me know. I need a new brokerage as soon as possible.

Here you go: Dukascopy in Switzerland. While Dukascopy does not offer MetaTrader4 on live accounts, I have learned it offers a bridge between MetaTrader4 and their custom platform, which enables customers to place trades through MT4, including those by EAs. I guess itā€™s the reason for which they offer MetaTrader4 on demo accounts, as why otherwise would they be paying the costly platform license fees to the MetaQuotes Corporation (which total to about 100K a year)?

Hereā€™s all the necessary info on their MT4 bridge:

Actually, I am more interested in a brokerage that uses the software itself or utilizes itā€™s own software with no costs in using it. If they upgrade their systems or servers, that leaves anyone at a disadvantageā€¦

ā€¦and letā€™s not have any fees in addition to the pips subtracted with each trade.

Also, I always wonderedā€¦

How would I be able to trade US/GOLD pairs while using UK currency?

You donā€™t pay anything for using the software, brokers do to the software developers.

You can trade any currency pair with any broker completely regardless of your deposit currency.

Duxscopy seems okay, being that it is swiss owned. Do the swiss still have a reputation for holding the currencies of countries? Should I open a swiss bank account?

What about securityā€¦ I donā€™t want to have to trade brokerages againā€¦

They are an STP and donā€™t trade against their customers. Yet you are always the one to decide what you should do. I am just sharing the information here.

OH, noā€¦ I love the fact that you are helping me. I just want to consider all the options.

I currently have a margin of 1:50 and I started on a 500 dollar budget. Can I continue this? I have 890.00 dollars right now.

If I have to open a Swiss bank account, that is fine. If I am going to go over seas, then I donā€™t want Uncle Sam trying to get his cutā€¦

In my opinion, you are currently facing a huge risk to hit a margin call and get your account wiped out with such a low margin.

That is why I am going over seasā€¦ you do know the topic of this threadā€¦ donā€™t you?

If I have to open a Swiss bank account, that is fine. If I am going to go over seas, then I donā€™t want Uncle Sam trying to get his cutā€¦

It doesnā€™t matter where your bank account is. What matters is the place of your brokerā€™s domicile. Plus, Swiss banks wonā€™t open an account for 890 dollars to be stored on it.

There is a big chance that I will be going in the military soon. I should have enough money thenā€¦

Still, do you know any good brokerages that allow micro accounts over seas?

Dukascopy, Tadawul FX, FXOpen, Marketiva, and many smaller ones.

I thought you were putting me down because of my small investment. Itā€™s okay, I will consider Duxascopy for my 890.

You know, I had 1300 at one point but then we had that freak drop in gold and things got difficult.

One more question, I like to invest in Gold and silver. Do you know if Duxascopy will take a large chunk out of exotic pairs?

OK great, I was just letting you know.

I am not putting you down, itā€™s even better to start with small amounts.

I donā€™t trade metals myself, only currencies with the Forex Megadroid robot, so I donā€™t know how you would be affected.

While you may trade micros on DC, they require you to open an account with 1000 usd minimum.

If you see that they decrease the leverage through weekends this even might be too small, though.

They are ecn by the way, not just stp.

What do you mean?

The standard leverage is 100:1. But close to weekends they decrease it to 25:1 or something like that. I do not have the times and exact leverage in mind. I just get the messages via my trading platform.

http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/forex_trading_accounts/margin/

Look for over weekend leverage.

Is 1:100 the maximal leverage they offer?