Greetings from Alpari (UK)

Thanks Alex,

Sorry to be anal, do you literally mean A COUPLE of days? Or you were rather referring to 6 months of daylight saving time?
Sorry, these time zones cause me a real headache.

Fil

Hi Fil,

In the United States, daylight saving time starts on the second Sunday of March and ends on the first Sunday of November. In the United Kingdom, it starts on the last Sunday in March and ends on the last Sunday in October. For 2012, the daylight saving time in the US started on Sunday, 11 March 2012 and ends on Sunday, 4 November 2012. While in the UK, the daylight saving time started on Sunday, 25 March 2012 and ends on Sunday, 28 October 2012. Consequently, there is a difference of three weeks in March and one week in October.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Thank you Alex for clarifying that.
Will stay in touch.

Fil.

Hello Alex

Just discovered you here on babypips. I have a question related to a response you gave to a user here (BBYD). As a reminder:

Q12. Why does Alpari guarantee ‘no re-quotes’ on some account types and not others?
Requotes have been around ever since markets were allowed to float and are a natural consequence of that.
If you are trading with the momentum of the market, and therefore by definition in the direction of least liquidity, then requotes are an inescapable fact of life that everyone has to deal with, from the busiest InterBank desks to the smallest retail trader.
The only current alternatives are DMA Pro accounts in which orders are sent on a Fill or Kill basis where although you can avoid requotes,
the risk is not getting a trade in (or out) at your preferred price at all.

Please forgive my lack of understanding, but there doesn’t seem to be much of a difference if on a non-Pro account an order is not filled by re-quoted instead, and a Pro account where an order is not filled and you try to place it again at a new (usually rapidly moving) price. Have I mis-understood this? Thanks for your help!

And what is an InterBank desk? Do they place large orders with you? But they still get re-quotes? :open_mouth:

Hi HarriBabyPips,

Thank you for your post.

The difference is that you will not be re-quoted. On ECN (Pro) accounts, orders are executed on a fill or kill basis.

The Banks are at the top of the FX pyramid.
The InterBank markets relate to the high-volume trading that is done exclusively between Banks.

Banks experience exactly the same problems as everyone else. Prices are subject to constant change in all markets and Banks are no exception to this.

InterBank counterparties have the right to vary their quote at any time in response to changing conditions before a transaction is agreed, whether quoting directly or through a wholesale Money Broker.

Should there be anything else, please feel free to contact our team on live-chat, via email or on +44 (0) 207 426 2900. We’re here to help.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative