Hedging

PS: I started using this technique today and it is working fine. Again, I do not know any more than the next trader, so I am testing things carefully - all traders have to test new things, nothing stays the same, so there is no one strategy that lasts forever.

Thank you to FXCM for allowing bi-directional trading (there, I avoided the ‘h’ word) on their UK accounts!

I wish you all the best with your strategy, PMH. And to be clear, it’s not hedging I have anything against. It’s a tool, just like a stop or a limit. You and I simply have differing views on how best to use this tool. But without different perspectives there would be no trading. :57:

Very magnanimous, Jason!

Long-term trading is not for everyone, and of course it is better for quality of life but if you want

quick results…ah, what are those, again ? ;p

I have not forgotten your admonishment (see much, much earlier on my 2013 Forextown thread) about

overleveraging, though, and this is how I am where I am… Thank you so much for your

guidance, advice, patience, and occasional bell-ringing :slight_smile:

… and exactly that’s the point. Price moves up & down, so it might be that you could close one position while price goes in one direction and, hopefully, you close the other when price reverses. That could net a “double” win or, while you get panicked, a double loss.