Help from mentors?

“secret” movie is a bullsh@t. Unknown experts (probably random people from a street) talking about success, repeating over and over again about something obvious… If you want to spare your time uselessly, then you definitely have to see it

go research the proacttraders site …they have a one year training program…it will be the best money you ever spent if you are serious about being a trader…i am currently in their fasttrack program and these guys do not scalp they do not even take a trade unless there is 30 pips to get…they trade off the 240 and 60 and make entries on the 10…it will take awhile to learn there systems and their charts but I am telling you it will be the best move you ever make…if you want to make that step forward you got to put in hours of learning the right methods and these guys have the right methods and a great training program…they have a 10 day demo set-up to test out their site and see if it is for you…i would give you my email but last time i did that…i got warned so if you want to talk to me personally…not sure the best way to do this without getting jumped on…maybe you do…just let me know…i do not work for these guys and I get nothing for you signing up…I just know what it is already doing to my trading…and I see what it has done to the traders who have been with them for a year or so

I don’t decline that most people just ‘believe in / have to’ pay to learn. They don’t take free education seriously because they forgot ‘Time is Money’.

Free/Paid education doesn’t just tell you things are like that and full-stop. Learning is a life process and experience are gain through time & logical sense, not paying money.

Did you follow the proper way to trade on demo? Or are you just gambling/fooling around using demo?
You use demo till your heart is contented and not for creating real consistent results?
You learn how not to lose only? Did you learn how to gain?
Are you able to define what is ‘Risk [U]no more[/U] than 2% per trade’?

they don’t have any proof that they are profitable traders themselves, that means is disingenuous from them to charge newbies for trading education.

Hello,

I wanted to suggest a different idea for the OP and anyone else finding themselves in the same position . . .

Why not take the time to learn how to program well enough to test your ideas thoroughly to find profitable strategies? This is somewhat equivalent to saying: “let the data be your mentor”. Though this may require a considerable amount of effort, it is unlikely that you will be disappointed with the benefits that it can bring, and it won’t cost a penny.

You have exactly the same information at your fingertips (with a small few exceptions) as the very best of institutions and hedge funds - with the same data at your disposal, why do you need a mentor? Maybe you just need a more efficient and systematic way of examining it so that you can identify opportunities to exploit price change?

Hope that helps.

Nick

I had a chat with the original OP. He is a good trader already, quite surprised that he wanted a mentor, his system has delivered triple digit percentage returns. If anything he is just battling psychological demons but IMO he needs no help, he just wanted a co-trader. Just needs to believe he can make it a full time profession.

Hope this ends the discussion. I sense a war coming…

I was finishing reading the beginning of this thread to see what’s going on but it looks you already have it under control :slight_smile: I am sure he appreciated the help :slight_smile:

frustratedtrader might started out that way, but hopefully once mastered the trade and learn not to make big mistakes. Then he/she stop believing that way.

I understand that most people have to learn and free education sometime not being taken seriously. I also agreed with you in that aspect.

Totally agreed.

Yes I did, I also developed my own way of trading, even though some might think it is volatile trading, but it does work for me. I never thought (while using Demo account) that it is gambling or fooling around. I do take it seriously. Because i need this method to work once I move over to real account trading.

I did created a consistence results with my own method. When I keep my risk to no more than a certain percent of my asset (The most was 25 percents risk). I also expanded the risks to the maximum to see what if I go all in to see what is the results. Sometime the result is positive and sometime it became negative. So there is a 50/50 chances when you do that. That was part of my experiment to see what are the extend of not following the rules and guidelines. This was part of my studies in the Demo account. (This is not what I do in my real account. My risk in my real account is no more than 5 percents of my assets.)

I learn how not to lose period. And how to gradually gain my asset. In my real account right now, even though most of my active trades are in the “red”, but they are all expected “red”. My overall asset have a gain about 1 - 2 percent since I started a few weeks ago.

Hopefully it will not be that way, it should be a healthy discussion. Community of traders helping each other through debates and experiences. Teaching each others on DO’s and DON’T’s in trading.

:57: :45:

I heard about this book before and I agree that positive attitude is important however if I just sit here and think positively and let the " law of attraction" alone help me and give me what I want, I think , is not going to work for me. I need some type of " action plan" on how I can get it. I don’t know if I will be interested to read this…

I like practical and common sense approached… Just tell me what I needed to do and I’ll be on my way ( and out of your hair lol) to get it …my kinda style. :wink: most of it are common sense anyway…

Now that is what I like. :smiley:

To ExtremeTrader,

Through how you have done it on your demo, trust me that you are still far from being ready to step into real money trading.

We don’t gradually gain because we know how to survive.
To defend is to protect own castle.
To attack is to gain from other’s castle.
Don’t mix them up.

No offends.
I’m bad at putting words in nice manner.

i dont need any proof from them…just look at their system…and i know what it has done to my trading…and you get 10 free days to evaluate everything they have…their fasttrack program costs $3000 for a year and its the best out there…hands down…if you understand forex at all and want to get away from scalping 10 to 15 pips at a time and just gambling with your money…go take the time to get to know these guys

It may be true, and I do agreed with you totally on this. That is why I only started a small amount to get my hand wet (per say). This way I know how it feels in a real trades vs. demo.

Totally agreed.

None taken, and never will be… :wink: As I stated in the earlier post, this is a healthy discussion and debates. That is how we learn, and that is how I learn.

Small account are just a few pinch. In the future, will you be able to get bear a whack from Mini or Standard account?

What will your thoughts be if your small account only gain 2 to 10% after 1 or 2 yrs? Will you be thinking that just need to add another 0 to your capital to add another 0 to your profit?

If yes, you will be way under maximizing your capital.

Maximizing your capital meant balance between not over leveraging or under leveraging.

In the interim, it’s totally okay to open up a few pinch on a small account. You do not want to put all your eggs in one basket or bet the farm when you are just starting out and still trying to figure it out how to trade because it is always guarantee that you will lose it all…

Until you can proved that you have a working strategy and are profiting on a small account, you can always add more capital. It will be better off to add more capital on a small account when it is profiting and making money rather than adding a capital to a losing account just to cover and to avoid the margin call. There shouldn’t be any difference how you handle your small account and the larger account. …same discipline, and strategies should apply for both… If this is not the chase then there are still a lot of work to do.

Putting money into REITS or insurance is going to be better than working so hard to analysis chart to get few % a year.

Save time and effort.

If I can make 10-20% in a year, I will be so thrilled and glad about that because I did it on my own and not even called myself a " professional trader" nor I am physically working in Wall Street and at the same time, I still have a full time job and that extra money will help my financial goal for my future not to mention that I only trade using my smart phone and that I do not need to find an extra job because I can trade any time in a day and where ever I am even if I am out in the country…

… And I know I can make more than 20% :wink:

My kitty don’t want to meow, it wants to RAWR! hahahha!

I’m now a shark but I’m not going to be a shark forever. I’m half way to become a total whale.

Sharks still have to fight for their food (Active Income).

Being a whale is where true freedom starts (Passive Income), roam freely in the ocean and whenever I’m hungry, just have to open my wide mouth to vacuum any food swimming in front of me, even sharks are hard to avoid being swallowed.

And it’s when you can massively help the neediest not only on education but money too.

There are more meaningful things to do than staring at the dumb charts lols. I find myself dumber whenever I look at it but no choice, it’s a money making machine.