How did you learn?

I have learned a lot with demo account so i have not lost so much amount but i have learned a lot with money management so that i have minimized my loss with good strategy.

Have you moved onto a live account? Or are you still practising on the demo one?

I am trading demo account however i still use demo account in order to backtest any strategy which i wish to apply in live trading accounts and still i found demo trading very helpful.

I think this is good way to start learn with using demo account, sometime in forum we finding new indicator and might interested to drag indicator on our platform trading and test indicator on demo account, or we finding new ea and want tested in demo account it will free

Well consistent trading is more about stake management rather than market analysis. If your trading has negative odds nothing can help you. My favourite books are Sharpe&Bailey ā€œinvestmentsā€ and Ralph Vince ā€œMathematics of money managementā€ first is dedicated to provide detailed understanding of how different markets work (capital, debt etc.) second is simplified math calculations for designing stake management system. Enjoy!

I agree unreservedly. :cool:

Interesting. But I hope that in this context you wonā€™t my also mentioning that Sharpe & Bailey is a postgradate textbook for professional investment analysts, of little - if any - relevance to this forumā€™s members, and that Ralphā€™s book on the maths of money management, [I]excellent[/I] though it is, really isnā€™t [I][U]all that[/U][/I] ā€œsimplifiedā€: Michael Harrisā€™s [I]Profitability & Systematic Trading[/I] (of which PDF copies can be found online) is unquestionably [I][U]far[/U][/I] more approachable, for most retail forex traders. :wink:

Iā€™m very new to this, having gotten into it on the recommendation of an associate. Babypips school has been essential, as I moved along I opened different demo accounts to apply the concepts but also to learn what different apps offer and how they do it. Using an app that has cross platform options is important to me. I canā€™t always be at my desktop so mobile (i.e. Tablet) is essential. I started a journal and keep a log of my activities, sites I visit, favorites, trade experiments etc. I started reading everything I could find, but have narrowed my reading to focus partly on daily currency updates, fundamentals etc. right now Iā€™m looking at MA at different intervals and trying to gain more understanding of fib sticks.

a little FAP Turbo and little self taught and still need a lot of learning LOL

You are on the right track! Best of luck for your trading! Whatever, I also do not believe any paid learning service! Besides, I didnā€™t have any trainer actually! So, my learning sessions were too long but I have enjoyed my learning sessions! There have lots of education source in online, I used them (mostly free service! No doubt, babypips School also helped me to learn Forex trading principles!

Babypips school has everything that is needed by a new trader to learn forex trading and besides it practicing demo account can be helpful, moreover i have noticed many brokers are contributing good efforts for their traders education by offering webinars which are free of any cost. I think we should also try them.

This site is very popular website among trader especially for beginner very important to learn basic forex education, babypips is good source to learning for beginner, and also important to using demo account to learn in direct market using virtual money

Yes i guess practicing demo account can be a good way to learn forex trading in a very easy way however some new traders find it bit tiring but those who stick with demo trading may find their ways to success.

Well one of my friendsā€™ brother is an investment banker. Took some tips from him. Yet it took a while to adjust the skills. Overall I have been trading for 6 months now. First 4 months were jsut loss loss loss. In the last two I started making money. yet I am not consistent. Hopefully I will be able to improve my skills with the tips here. Just bought a lot of trading books too (market wizards etc).

Fingers Crossed!!!

Majority of my forex knowledge come from forums, then its the different number of friends on facebook that has helped me a lot in learning forex trading.

I read blogs of forex traders and watch webinars. Sometimes I write to traders in private messages for some tips if I see that one is experienced enough. And then test everything on practice.

I have started my learning with babypips, and using forums discussion. Then i implement all the lessons on demo accounts for learning and practicing Forex. It is not as easy to start from zero, but babypips has so much to learn from it.

Yes me too, most learn from forum forex community and with practice in real account for now, very different when using demo account usually free from emotion pressure, but in real account already involved emotion and I am learn from my experience mostly

I have been using MYFXBOOK which is automatically linked to my MT4 demo account and it shows all your stats on a simple and effective platform. I highly recommend this as its free and you can leave comments and tags on each trade. I originally was writing a pretty comprehensive journal but I work long hours and just didnā€™t have time so this has helped a lot and now I can keep my journal a lot simpler and to the point!

I started by attending the Baby Pips school. By the time I got past the first few grades, I opened demo accounts with a variety of different platforms, doing both binary trading and intraday formats. I ended up liking FXCM and have stayed with that (Iā€™m still using demo acounts). I also read everything and anything I can find and have been keeping a journal of sites I visits, and save those I find useful to my bookmarks. This week i opened a mini account with 2k, as that is more in line with the kinds of investment I want to make. The larger accounts became a game, meaning I really couldnā€™t relate to an equity balance that was 50k, so I made some questionable decisions. One thing I did do with one account was force a margin call. Nothing teaches like expereience! One last comment, trading is definitely a lifestyle as well as a business. I have a business plan, a set of trading rules, and keep a a log. Most importantly, my wife is on board and tells me when it is time to shut it down for the night.

I entered the Forex world 3 years ago and started from books. Than I understood that information from the web is not always bad (yes, I was afraid of informational noise). I found out that here is lots of necessary tips and I still read babypips and other Forex sites with news, analysis and forums. Advice of real people is always the most useful.