How do hedges work?

You’ll need to take a rain check on the truffle… it’ll take at least seven years to see if its worked out. :wink:

Yeah… thought I would be 53. Turns out only 52! :smiley:

congratulations, you’re getting younger! :slight_smile: the big 50 for me, same month as you ! I read somewhere long ago that there is a variety of truffles that can be found under pecan trees and we have lots of pecan orchards in this area, now all I need is a hog to sniff them out.

Oh the hedging thing. I have two accounts one that I can use to make hedge trades if I want to. I would rather be able to do it on one account. There have been several times lately that I could have made money by hedging but didn’t because it’s inconvenient to do that with multiple accounts.
Sure on the surface it appears that a hedge simply cancels out and leaves you with a neutral position. But price doesn’t just go up OR down. It goes up AND down. And you can make money in both directions at the same time. Take our daily high low for example. If you place a trade on both sides with a reasonable target then at some point you could be hedged and yet both trades end in profit. I did that a few times, but it’s tricky, I had a problem with unattended trades and price just missed TP by a few pips. :frowning:

Gotta be careful with hedges… They’ll make you a little nuts.

Heeeeers Johnny ! LOL, how would you like to be the gardener and having to trim all that hedge.

hahaha great scene! ya really do have to be careful with hedges!