How do so many people lose money?

For the forex traders losing money…as far as I know it’s pretty much impossible to NEVER have a losing trade. That’s what the 95% is referring to, not traders who lose it all due to a margin call

Second, personality has a lot to do with it. Some people like day trading, some people (like me) prefer systems like those developed by OzFx because you don’t have to constantly monitor the charts. I check them 5 mins a day, 5 days a week. There’s no way I have the patience to trade on anything lower

thats very good! Look into Chaos trading by bill williams - amazing stuff - gave me over 4K last night with the spot trading on gold. I wouldnt suggest you try same sort of contract strategy at this point, since margin isnt high. But once you got around 3K, definetly do it!!! get his book (you can try to find electronic formats on the web; or buy it), dont listen to losers on this forum. his system is the only thing that will get you where you want to be, and gold will pave your way.

I will not post any more threads or posts on this forum (waste of time; too many people trying to look smart, but not making any cash), if you wish to know more you can e-mail me at <[email protected]> , and i can help you get around it. if you trade chaos on gold market, you will make over 3000pips a week. now thats a thing to think about.

That’s exactly what I mean.

dont listen to losers on this forum.

And you are Mr.Winner? :stuck_out_tongue:

I will not post any more threads or posts on this forum (waste of time; too many people trying to look smart, but not making any cash),

Yeah…we are all idiots around, you are the only smart ass here, right?

if you wish to know more you can e-mail me at <[email protected]> , and i can help you get around it. if you trade chaos on gold market, you will make over 3000pips a week. now thats a thing to think about.

Good joke. You know the one with two bears?:rolleyes:

Any mods around to prevent this guy to insult us all? :cool:

Regards, Zoreli

Which book? I looked on Amazon and there’s one published in 1995 and another in 2004.

Sorry but having come from stock options and previously from commodities; GOLD won’t pave the way for anyone for long term because Gold is one of those frivolous commodity that are not essential for anything. Another poster only here to peddle his affiliate nonsense. And we are supposed to email him to get the info? haha.

Trade things people & industry need and want. You’re better off trading oil, coffee or sugar than Gold.

And considering what else this person posted, this post of his is gut wrenchingly hilarious. So a winner is actually suggesting that you learn by trading live and by blowing accounts? Please, learn on a demo account OK? Please. You only go live when you have your trading strategy pretty much squared away. You do not practice with the intent on learning on a live account. Trading is hard enough.

Originally Posted by Petronix View Post
Damn, finally i see some intelligence spark on this forums! Hayden, good on you for going live, put in a bit more around 200 buck will give you plenty of practice on micro lots, even if you blow the whole thing, the lessons you learn will cost much more!!!

I started out in the Investing section at Borders and Barnes & Noble. I can’t remember all the books I found, but I started looking for Forex related books. There are a few good ones, but I couldn’t find what I was looking for. I switched to looking for technical trading books. This is where I found most of the theory that I wanted behind the indicators themselves. Again, I can’t remember all the titles, but if anyone wants to email me at <[email protected]> I’ll be happy to swing by there and put together a list of my favorites (I just want to be sure there are open ears before I take the time :wink: ). Usually what I’d do is get a cup of coffee, and while I was drinking it I’d pull a book off the shelf and just see what it was all about. This saved be hundreds of dollars in books, just cost me a few bucks in coffee which I probably would have gotten any way.

I also found a great website that talks about just about any indicator you could want. Forex | Technical indicators list. I still prefer the books because they talked about the indicators as applied to a strategy, but this website also does a good job of explaining the theory as well as common uses.

Another good resource that is similar to the website is the help file in MT4. It also covers common indicators, how they work and common uses.

Hope this helps!

[B][I]scotty,[/I][/B]

yes the help in MT4 is quite good, i dont have the money for books atmo, and no good book stores but illkeep ur email and when im in the big smoke sydney keep it in mind…

[B][I]johnny,[/I][/B]

gold is pretty tied in with our currency though but less and less as few stockpile it to manipulate the poeple and markets…
[B][I]
petronix,[/I][/B]

thanks for the tips, ill drop you a line sometime, i wouldnt be so quick to disregard the majority of people here - but thats just me, alot would have validity in their own right,and i see it atleast they are here, when it comes to loosers lining our accounts, theres a whole lot more out of them out there that dont get as far as an internet forum…

Crypto-Currency Bitcoin Futures Traders Association (CBTA)

New York, NY
281 Traders

CFBA is open to anyone who is interested in networking and learning with those interested in trading the foreign currency and futures market. http://PitIQ.TV The purpose of th...

Check out this Meetup Group →

9mb

I’d have to agree about starting a live account asap. And by asap I don’t mean tomorrow. I’d also stress that you do not put in alot of money in at first. Build up your account very slowly ie if you double your account in a few months put another 50% in, don’t put your life savings in at that point . You’ll know when you’ve got a profitable system. You definately have to do enough demo trading to get the basics down and do your home work to learn about forex first. After getting to that point though. Put in enough to make it real.
It took me about 6 months of study and practice before I opened my live account. Probably would have been longer without a mentor. But having a little real cash on the line is the only way to learn the psychological side of this. And in my opinion psychology is key in this business. Would also like to add, I don’t think I’ve ever worked so hard. I’m either studying or trading all day everyday while the market is open.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes
  2. No (i was referring to the post about chaos trading)
  3. Dont know the joke
    and
  4. Only insult to the people of this forum is that , Yes, I make over 3000 pips a week spot trading chaos on gold market, on a bad week that is. I guess its cause i’m monitoring my trades 8 hours a day, and dont waste my time on forums like you do.

Now good day to you all!

Admin, feel free to delete my account.

Both actually, they describe the techniques in full detail, and give reasons for each. If you’re interested in chaos, i’d suggest find a e-book on the net, and trial out their strategy on a gold market, as volatility is your best friend for this type of trading.

Jonny fx, no one can pay me enough to be their affiliate :slight_smile: what a nonsense you wrote :slight_smile: By the way, if you think trading is hard, it will be, no matter how hard you try to improve.

GO Live, dont waste your VALUABLE time on demos. People that come to trade forex will learn about it in less than a week, but to be a professional takes long time and bucketloads of experience. EXP is something you cant get ‘papertrading’.

Cheers to you and good luck, looks like you and zorelli really need it. :slight_smile:

Well, yeah…lets finish with this…

First of all, even if you are the biggest trader in the world - [B]you have no reason and right to call hundreds of people on this forum loosers. [/B]

That’s fairly enough describe what kind of person you are.

I will not discuss your 3000 pips per week.

All what I have to say, is that you are telling at least half of the truth if not less.

Why?

Becuase there is no trader on this planet who can earn 3000 pips each and every week. So, you are not telling us the whole truth, since you are not mentioning any looses, right?

But I realy dont care, because I don’t trust people who are able to insult people so easy and without reason.

You said that you will not post any more. So, stop posting. Leave us alone.

Regards, Zoreli

This sentence says more about you…

As a programmer I can tell you this. You can have all luck in the world, and still you wont be able to create & design one simple database for client application. You will need an [B]education[/B] to be able to do it.

Since trading is an occupation as the programmer is, I dont need any luck at all…Good education will be more than enough.

Regards, Zoreli

Predictably lame and well, predictable.
Clearly, you live on forums posting crap to sell your stuff despite
your denials. And now trying to appear semi-non-psychotic.
Who comes on forums asking people to email them for info? Huh?
That’s right… people who have something to sell or to SPAM them.

And please, recall your own posts and advice before you spew stuff
while having said you will never come back here. OK? What I said
was this; that you get all your practice done on a demo account
before going live when you have your trading strategies pretty much
on your mind. You never tell people to get practice done on a live
account and then tell them blowing an account is also a valuable
learning experience. Who says moronic stuff like this while extolling
the value of trading gold? That’s right… non-traders to non-winning
traders to a total blowhard. Clearly, that’s what you are. Please…
at least keep your word and stay the hell off the forum. But
since it is also painfully obvious that you are a forum troll who clearly
have something to sell, you won’t. Care to be more predictable for us?

And another note on Gold. It is true that it is hoarded and stockpiled;
mostly by people who are still under a highly mistaken notion that Gold
is currency and that our currency is still based on gold. It is not. It
never will be. And gold is not need by any industry. It is even being
needed less and less in the jewelry industry as well. And the speculators
of gold are of that mentality; hoarding mentality basing their judgement
on misguided philosophy of currency. Those days of gold and money being
tied together are long gone. Wake up and trade FX, Stock Options, or coffee.

Ha… Forget gold!

Iron Oxide is the new wave of the future!

Email me at <[email protected]>
for more info.

LOL :slight_smile: Too funny!!!

I demo traded and lost for 11 months…Then I demo traded and won for 5 months(%80 success ratio)…Went live and broke even for 1 month until I suddenly realized losing the money can no longer matter and you must “Swing The Bat” if you ever want to get a hit. You will not commence winning trades until losing it all is excepted thus no more a concern!!

I remember that first trade, when the fear and butterflies no longer manifested! What a feeling, it was beautiful and not in a forex way! I felt liberated and free! GL to all!!

hayden, which broker do you use? I only know OADA with such flexible lots…