How long do I have to trade with demo account?

I think it’s not so comfortable and right to trade on both. Maybe you need choose only one account.

I traded for years on demo until I found something that gave me pips and once I properly understood risk and money management. One day I just made the decision to trade live with small lots, although I still test new ideas on demo. It’s also a good idea to simulate a full trading day if you are a day trader, this is not as easy and glamorous as it may sound… Ironically, having my own business has given me the freedom to look at the market in real time, but has been the single biggest hurdle in that as a day trader I cannot do both.

True, I think the key is to start small if you have never traded a real account. Get used to the emotional highs and lows before you can commit significant amounts of capital. After all it is a business, you want to make sure everything is on point before turning on the money taps

I think it depends on the individual… for some people jumping straight into a real account can be overwhelming (am in that group off course hehe)

I opened dozen of demo accounts in several brokers and I see some brokers allow you to customize the fund to trade on market, $100 or $200 while some brokers force you to trade with only a few options $5k, $10k and $100k. To salvage the demo system benefits, we should apply same conditions with the real account you want to invest in the future (leverage and capital).

The golden rule: Triple your demo account balance first before starting live.

When you’re confident with yourself and your trading strategy - you are ready. You can work on demo for years, but if you believe in yourself you don’t even need it.

I think the things can make a person being confident are two factors . That are reckless and skilled

So we must choose one . we has confident after doing demo account from reckless or skilled

The purpose of a demo account is to familiarize yourself with the platform, the service that is offered by the broker, to learn without any risk how to buy/sell, how to set various orders, and to experiment with different strategies and financial instruments.

The demo account is helpful to make the first steps on the financial markets. Once you have learnt the basics and gain some experience you will no longer need it. The challenge is that the real trading account has nothing to do with the demo version. There is no differences in quotes or movements. Perhaps, the only difference is that the demo account is updated fewer times per second, while the live platform is faster. However, this is in a timeframe of milliseconds, so you cannot see any difference. The difference is only in your mind.

Greed and fear are the most important words in the financial markets. Every trader has to fight against these two traits of their character. Probably you are saying right now – ”it does not apply to me”, you have no idea how wrong this is. You will find out the truth after your first real account is opened. Learn how to trade with it. There is no need for it to be a large one, because it is very likely that you will loose your first investment. This is part of the experience that every trader has to gain in order to become successful.

Demo account trading is essential and add to your knowledge. If want to really know how you are faring then the best is to open a micro live and account to trade and see how it goes.

Hi guys,
I do think that tradig in a demo dosen’t give you the right perception. For my point of view I prefer to trade on a real account that is the real feeling of the trade if goes in your way or in the opposite important is have your plan stick to it have your trading journal and follow your rules. Trade with micro lots so it will not hurt you that much is something will go wrong and easy to reacover the losses.

Enjoy!

You are right but when a trader starts trading in a real account even for learning purposes they start to give more concentration on profit rather than learning process.

Test yourself with real money on demo account, let’s say for a month, set aside a certain real money investment for it that you will not use 'till the end of the month. Then at every end of each week you need to close all your position and assess your status. The goal is you need to have a gain profit every week or break even… no buts…

If you profited, fine, wait for the next week trading. But, if you have loss, you have to spend that total amount you loss on that whole week to some crazy things you don’t need… like say if it’s summer buy some things like rain coats or something, if its rainy season buy some beach stuff, or give your loss to your siblings, parents, friend, dog or cat (or give it to me)… remember you need to spend the total amount you loss on that week.

Do it every week, after a month, see where your investment went in… if you have loss on your investment that means you’re not ready. If you gain profit maybe try one more month and do the same thing again.

If you can’t give yourself confident that you can really gain profit or even break even in a week on whatever strategy you have or using, don’t go live.

No Benchmark For How Long Should be in a Demo Account, in my opinion, Learning By Doing Is The Best. You Can Also Try Live Trading Using Small Capital, With Accounts Cent.

I traded in the demo account for 5 weeks then moved ahead to micro/cent account with a minimum of $5 ,learnt a lot on the demo account and still applying what I learnt on the cent account,Normally some brokers have short time frame for which you can use the demo account,I suggest you look for a broker which offer relatively long period for the demo account,test and start practicing,School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading helped me in many ways try going through that…All the best of Luck:cool:

Just trade in the demo until your comfortable with the platform, then open micro account and get your strategy set from there this way you will be dealing with real emotions. If u trade demo when u do open live account you will be having to deal with your emotions when u could have been learning in real world.

Im sure many will not agree but this is my opinion.

I would say 2-3 months to make sure you have a clear understanding of what it is you are doing and plan to do, when the time comes to invest.

I myself have been using a demo account for over 13 months. Simply for the fact I am young and have no disposable income.

Trade in demo is not a must but its necessary. You get a lot of understanding of the market but you cannot train yourself to be eligible enough to trade in a standard real account after only demo trading. You need to start with a small account in real account in order to get real experience of forex market before starting professional trading.

I strongly believe that trading in a demo account is very helpful but only if you use it in a realistic way. I don’t believe that accounts which give you $100.000 will help you if you will never put $100.000 in a real account. Moreover, taking notes about your trades and understand that why you lost or gained money is also important. Because the money is not real, sometimes we can take too much risk which we will never take with our own money.

All in all, you should trade with demo account until you feel that you are skilled enough to trade with your own money.

Well, to the most extent you are correct :slight_smile:

As i have always seen that when i am doing my trades in the Demo trading accounts i can get much success :slight_smile:

But the fact is that we have to get the same levels of success in the Real Trading accounts :slight_smile: