How much profit should you have made in you demo account before going live?

It is nothing alike. Why do so many newbies think they trade in a demo account?

It is never the same :slight_smile: Furthermore you do not trade in demo accounts as you do not generate profits or face losses. Those who disagree: Can you withdraw your profits?

That’s a very good question for those who still believe that they trade in demo accounts!

I say double your money first!

one
hundred
million
Yuan

I’msorry.myspaceaintworkingonthiskeyboard

Trading on demo means you’re discounting your real emotions. Try the nano account at Oanda instead. :47:

It does not matter as you do not trade in a demo account.

I think the amount to start is going to be different for everyone. I know one girl that started with 500 usd and is doing fantastic, i could never manage to survive with that start up amount, as my expenses would not be covered. I would be under to much pressure to make money to cover my bills and over leverage. I think its the amount you start with , its a balance between start up capitol and monthly expenses. If you can trade without having to make monthly withdrawals to pay bills then I would be comfortable with 500 to 1000 as start up.

The amount you start your live account with yes, I absolutely agree.

Demo trading is a waste of time, the second most valuable commodity in this business.

Yes, it is utter waste of time. I would say time is your greatest commodity, and when you deplete it you can’t replenish it.

I often open same demo account with live account for practising. My demo account was $200 and I eanred about $20 for 30 trades. I’m trading with micro lot as 0.01 and 0.02. Then I’m going to live with $100 first deposit.

How did you arrive at that figure? At least give a reason and amuse a few of us.

thats cool, if you can make good pips you never have to over leverage. I have been trading a while and low leverage gives you room to sort out the mess when it happans and it does happan to everyone.

Personal experience, demo trading is very useful… Maybe because Im very competitive and I hate losing at all!

So I dont care if its demo or live, if im losing, Im not happy.

So really it depends on how you approach the demo accounts.

It is not about how much profit in demo account. It is about making profit at demo account and then you should enter the real account and try to cope with emotion thing and then set a target.

My own view is emotion is caused by doubt and doubt is caused by some loop holes in a strategy. And a strategy is destroyed by over leverage. And over over leverage compounds emotions which produces negative results. Most trades need room to run and lot of leverage can destroy a perfectly good trade by giving you less room on the negative side of the trade.

Just ignore the fact that you do not trade in a demo account I guess :58:

It’s not a question of how much but how consistent are you in making profits. I suggest you move out of demo accounts asap though since they’re only there to teach you the basics of how trading platforms work etc…

Demo, the most valuable lesson you can take when trading. I don’t understand why people say it’s a complete waste of time, but then again that’s my experience. I still use it five years later when testing out trading plans, as long as you treat a demo account correctly it can be your best friend at times. Demo becomes useless when the people using the account are useless as they don’t treat it like a live account and don’t have two brain cells to actually figure out the benefits which can be derived.