How to avoid slippage in Forex trading?

It’s definitely slippage. I’ve got screenshots to back it up. No response from the audit dept, I’m going to start bugging my acct. manager today since his assistant is out for a week.

Hi Ramack,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I did not realize you hadn’t received a response yet. Please send me a private message with your case number and I’ll follow up on this for you.

Jason

Hi Jason,
When I submitted the audit report I was not issued a report number nor a confirmation email etc. Let me get a hold of my ATG acct. manager first. Jason I appreciate your response. If I don’t hear back from the mgr, I’ll PM you.
Thanks!
Rich

In case it was slippage then I would close my account with that broker and move on. Let us know how it works out for you and what decision you will make.

It’s slippage or accounting error. I should know something within the next couple of days. I will post the results.

@Ramack: This was 1 year ago!! Please can you provide details of exactly what the outcome was. Thank you.

and: @Jason Rogers: Can you please confirm for all of us that this story of Ramack was indeed true or not.

Not to say its a lie, but I worry that '‘Ramack’ maybe tried to scare people into purchasing the ‘Trading Script’.

This thread has been abandoned so it leaves us all in the lurch!!
please can Ramak and/or Jason provide some evidence to support whether this claim was real or not.

Thank you.

In a nut shell the reason for the difference in the quoted vs executed prices was liquidity. I closed my positions shortly after the market opened on a Sunday afternoon Mountain Time USA.

Snippet of FXCM’s response from 2013 03 27:

These thinner markets may result in wider spreads, as there are fewer buyers and sellers. This is largely due to the fact that for the first few hours after the open, it is still the weekend in most of the world. In markets conditions where liquidity is not sufficient, traders may find it difficult to enter or exit positions at their requested price, experience delays in execution, and receive a price at execution that is a significant number of pips away from your requested rate.

I have nothing to gain or lose by posting my experience. I don’t know what trading script you refer to, but if you bought it and it works I would like to hear more about it. I don’t work for FXCM’s competition, nor do I work for the creator or marketer of your trading script.

Is slippage same with spread??