How To Calculate Pips For Bitcoin

You tell me better. I am new with this currency, and I don’t know much about it, but I would like to. I read that you can make a lot of money with bitcoin and I like that thought. I’ve heard about cryptocurrency on a website, if you can visit it if you like https://coincompanion.io, I liked a lot when I read about bitcoin, and I understood that if I want to make real money, I’ll better to that using bitcoin. So wish me the best of luck, because I am at the start of a new and hard road of my life.

I think the simplest way to understand this is,

100,000 BTC= 100 pips
10,000 BTC= 10 pips
1000 BTC= 1 pips
On Tradingview or MT4’s measurement tool.

1 Like

It is important to know that forex trading is a lot different from bitcoin and stock market investments. You have to use different strategies and different algorithms to make the most of the market situations. That’s the only way of making money in the market.

Surely someone must have developed a nice simple easy to use calculator by now??

This isn’t right. Unless I’m understanding you incorrectly. Can you explain what you mean by 1000 BTC = 1 pip?

There is no way “one pip” can be equivalent to 1000 BTC.

One BTC right now is $38,000 (market price fluctuates).

So that would be $38,000,000 just for one pip!

No way is a trader going to calculate and set trades on that basis.

Ok here’s my 2 cents on this. This is how I calculate it: This is as of today (Jan 23, 2021) it’s possible the amount you earn could change based on current price of Bitcoin. However the amount earned per tick/pip is about the same:

• This is based off my own account and calculations. Don’t forget the profit you earn and what amount you actually receive is different from broker to broker. Don’t forget there are fees.
    This calculation is NOT including any fee structure.

If you are using 0.0005 to trade with
(double the earning Amt. if using 0.001)

Profit and leverage: if no leverage then use 1x:

1x: earn $.0005 per tick

5x: earn $.0025 per tick

10x: earn $.005 per tick

25x: earn $.0125 per tick

50x: earn $.025 per tick

75x: earn $.0375 per tick

100x: earn $.05 per tick

For example I got a 883 tick move.
So, That would look like this:

Price point entry: 31,929.0000
Price point Exit: 32, 812.0000
883 ticks: I earned $2.20 based off of me trading 0.00050000 and at a 5x leverage.
883 x .0025 (because of the 5x leverage) = $2.20

So basically you will earn
$.05 per 0.00000100.0000 ticks

BUT…I earned $.25
per 0.00000100.0000 ticks
because I had 5x leverage

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

for GOD SAKE BRUV…
AT LEAST LEARN OU ****** YOU DO MATHS…
4025 BTC TO 4026 BTC IS 1 BTC not 10…

I know this is a very old thread, but I fail to see why anyone would wish to understand Bitcoin in terms of PIPS.

If anyone can explain to me why they need to express their profit in BTC in terms of PIPS, I will learn something. Otherwise, for me, it goes a bit like this:
Start - I have no BTC
End - I want to accumulate 2 x BTC
Strategy - accumulate over 20 months at 0.1 BTC per month
Plan - how do I get from month 1 to month 20 with a plan each month
Question? How does any of the above relate to PIPS?

Nice question, got me thinking since I’m not into bitcoin much. Quite happy with forex but I suppose no harm in learning something new. Let’s hope the fellow traders here help with this or I’ll turn to my brokers for guidance.

If you are starting off as a forex trader, you need to understand that it is not similar to what you might have done in your bitcoin trading. There are no pips in bitcoin trading because there are no small movements like here in forex trading. You really need to spend enough time learning.

I know bitcoin at .01 lot will you will gain/ lose $1 for every $10 they move. So as you increase your lot size you start making/ losing more per every $10.
I can to this by simply figuring the difference between my trade placed and current market price.
Figure 10% of the difference vs lot size
Lot size.01
Entree $60855.49
Market price $60848.99
Difference -$6.5
My cash value -$0.65 (in red)
So if I were to put a .02 lot it’ll be -$.65x2 making it
-$1.30
.05 lot is 5 x -.$.65 =-$3.25
.20 lot is 20x -$.65 = -$13
Hope this helps