How to Change TP of all Opened Position

I have created an EA on FxPro quant, my EA open more buy trades when the price drops further. However, I cannot change the TP of all my opened position using the “Modify Position” block. Anybody can help?

Can you be more specific ?

We don’t know the Parameter’s of your EA
We don’t know … IF WE MANAGE TO CHANGE THE TP’s of all Trades… CHANGE THEM TO WHAT ??
Do you want them all the same,
do you want Different TP’s for each trade ?
There isn’t enough information here to help you get your result.

Sorry, I don’t know the answer - but you’ve certainly posted in the right place, and someone who does will respond.

I think (and hope!!) that you’ve said the opposite, there, to what you meant to say?

It would make no sense to open long trades when you’ve already opened one and the price moves against you by falling.

That’s the time to let your stop-loss take you out of the trade, because your entry was bad (which happens to all of us, sometimes).

The last thing you’d want to do is to increase your position-size when the price is moving against you!!

If you open another trade under those conditions, a short trade would usually be preferable.

I think (and hope!!) you meant to say that you’re scaling in by adding to positions which are already in profit: that’s a very good idea, and can be a way to maximize profit without increasing risk - which is obviously a good principle! - but that’s exactly the opposite to what you actually said. :confused:

1 Like

I’m going to come around to your house and snap the capital lock off of your keyboard - what’s with that?

2 Likes

At last, a volunteer.

Can we possibly trouble you to do the same with his internet connection, while you’re there?

1 Like

Hi, basically I am trying to create an EA that keeps buying when the particular instrument keeps dropping and it doesn’t hit my initial TP.
My EA would buy more trades as the particular instrument drops further.
What I wanted was that the next buy that got activated would have the same TP that can make sure I breakeven and also make certain amount of profit.
If you can see the attached picture, is this possible?

Hi, my current strategy is to continuously buys certain amount of trades when the particular instrument that I buy initially started dropping in terms of price. Thus, my EA should activate certain trade to buy if the price keep dropping.
My current issue is that I can’t get the EA to change the TP of all opened position to a same price that should have breakeven and also made a certain amount of profit. Do you have any idea I can setup the EA so that it does this?

Attached is my current EA setup, what I buy is to make all the buy position to the same TP.

Oh my God.

I strongly suggest that wherever you got this from, you should abandon that resource and cross it off your list of potential sources of information. It’s misinformation, not information.

That’s as logical and sensible as a Martingale.

In other words, it’s crazy and based only on a mathematical misunderstanding.

2 Likes

It would have to be a very, very weird instrument for that to be sensible.

Not really “trading” as I’ve ever understood it.

Hi, as a matter of fact, I am trying to create a Martingale alike EA, but I am stuck with the part where I can’t change the TP of all opened position to the same point.
I would appreciate it if you or anyone else who knows how to do it can give me some help/hint.

It is simple to make, but please abandon the idea.

1 Like

HEHE
My apologies
yes CAPS LOCK was on and i typed the comment quickly
don’t take it so personally.

Just because caps happens to be on, does not always mean a person is yelling at you . ok

Is someone PERHAPS trying to send a subliminal message :stuck_out_tongue:[quote=“LaughingCharlie, post:5, topic:125789”]
Can we possibly trouble you to do the same with his internet connection,
[/quote]

This is the best advice you’re going to get, here or anywhere else.

Upload a screenshot, to answer your questions in more detail!