How to find profitable EA ideas?

Iā€™m cool with that bro

Likewise Iā€™m working on something similar - not being such a dick. I promised a member whom I respect greatly to do so. Probably the best way to do that is to shake hands with you. But with 5000 kā€™s between us unfortunately I canā€™t buy you a drink. So cheers to us anyway.

@_bob
ALL GOOD MATE
thank you
short and sweet

i donā€™t drink mate,
but, iā€™d fucking buy you a beer for doing this.
this is what i wanted from the start.

thank you
be cool
lets move forward and forget about the bullshit.
Cheers mate

Nowā€¦ hehe we just wait for the mods to flag the post for profanity because Americanā€™s donā€™t understand how Aussieā€™s talk :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, there you go, itā€™s been 20+ years since my last drink also, looks like weā€™ll be sipping hot miloā€™s at the bar lol

heheā€¦ Hot Miloā€™s
bloody oath mate

hey, have you been to hungry jacks laterly
mate,ā€¦ that Kit Kat Choc thickshake thingyā€¦ thaā€™tā€™s bloody niceā€¦ huh

as for drinks, i like , Coffee. OJ, Lemon Squash lime and bitters if iā€™m in the mood
or Bundy Ginger Beer or if itā€™s been a hard day at work, a bloody cold Mineral water hits the spot
at times SOLO is always good as well as Mountain dew
but in my line of work, tiā€™s more Mineral water, coffee or OJ

gotta stay hydrated :stuck_out_tongue: WHS and all that hehe

for what itā€™s worth mate
here you go
a VB
VIRTUAL BITTER

it can come on anytime
You can get it trading,
you can get it debating
you can get it reading a newbies comment on babypips
you can feel it coming on around 4

a Haaaarrdd earned thirst needs a big cold Milo
and the best cold Milo is VIC
hehe

or are you are KB kind of bloke when trading going for 100 pips
GO FOR ITā€¦ GOā€¦ FOR IT
hehe
good old days huh

1 Like

My boy is autistic, itā€™s part of our Sunday ritual - havenā€™t tried the kit kat choc yet but will put it on the bucket list. Coffee and sunkist all the way!

sorry to hear that mate,
my wife is in childcare, sheā€™s taken care of kids with many illnesses,
Autism being one of them. i understand

Some look at it as a disability I look at it like a gift, he amazes my wife and I every day and is an inspiration. He gets into my cd collection and goes hard, this is the flavor of the month

ohh manā€¦ i remember this
Jump Jump Jump Jump hehe

as for Autism , itā€™s been my wifes experience, you get them reacting differently .
if this is your experience , thatā€™s good
sometimes it can be quite sad.

at the end of the day, if he can lead a normal life, thatā€™s all that matters mate

dude, itā€™s been nice chatting
i gotta go to bed now ok
almost midngiht

be cool mate

1 Like

First of allā€¦thank you for answering, but you donā€™t have to be rude. I think that you didnā€™t understand my question or I asked the wrong question. :slight_smile:

While learning, I have developed 10-20 different EAs (simple ones) based on moving averages, MACD, stochastic etc. But these EAs simply donā€™t work.

Iā€™m not sure are the technical indicators the right path to follow when trying to find the profitable EA. They are repainting, giving false signals, giving signals too late etc.
Should I continue using technical indicators to build my EAs or I should focus on pure price (I mean candles)?
Is it possible that my simple EAs are already good but I need to optimize them or apply more advanced money management algorithms?

Please, donā€™t be rude. I just asked for advice and thatā€™s it. If you donā€™t want to give me your advice, just leave this topic and thatā€™s it. You donā€™t need to insult someone.

Hi _bob,

I see come interesting stuff there :slight_smile:

I will check it later in detail.

Thanks a lot!!!

@sivricmarijan
firstly, i dont know who you are addressing this comment to

but, if itā€™s me
iā€™m not being rude
SPEECHLESS would be a better word

How was i being rude
i told you what i thought
i even refrained from saying what i really thought (and it was probably for the best)
i then gave you advice

bob then gave you advice
how are we being rude ?
Iā€™m not being rude, I"m being straight up with you

BASED ON WHAT YOU SAIDā€¦ ok

seriously
what did you expect me to think after reading this

Nowā€¦ if you asked it the wrong wayā€¦ THATā€™S DIFFERENT
but based on this
mate, Iā€™m bloody speechless , obviously

itā€™s not rudeness.

Now moving forwardā€¦

Yourā€™e welcome

perhapsā€¦ so letā€™s clarify it then

heheā€¦
Relax mate
No one is being rudeā€¦ ok
can you not simply understand that WHAT YOU ASKED looks as if you were asking to be spoon fed.
you can see that ā€¦ right ?

Moving forward
let me address your question. ok

Mate, itā€™s always best to stay as simple as possible.
in my experience in forex, traders want simple things, they donā€™t really have high demands

now. if they want complexity, YOU CHARGE FOR IT, as a special service

as for this

Why do they not work ?
have you done debugging to find out what the problem is.

if notā€¦ do that.

Mate, they are YOU EAā€™S
you decide
butā€¦ if you want my opinion ā€¦
if your EA is based on someone elses EA then it relies on a POSSIBLE flawed EA
probably best to keep it to price

of course itā€™s possible
like i said
debug then and find what the issue is.

DOES THIS HELP

Of course this helps :slight_smile:

I just started with some tutorials about EA optimization and I hope I will be smarter then. I donā€™t think I should debug my EAs because they do what I told them. I think I need to adjust some parameters or maybe add some better MM algo.

One of the main issues (other than the strategy logic) with coded EAā€™s can be the correct mix of parameters, make the period(s) short to get an earlier signal and you get too many false signalsā€¦ make the period(s) longer and you tend get into the trend too late (volatile PA)

Especially with MA Crossover based strategiesā€¦Sometimes trying a mix of MATypes can give better results, such as a 34 SMA with an 8 WMA as an exampleā€¦You need to find Parameters that separate both MAā€™s to give a clearer crossover. Longer time frames can be a way of giving clearer cross signals as well. Congestion or ranging will always defeat an MA Cross strategy, so you have allow for that manually or automated if your programing is of an advanced level

Optimization is a faster way to find more successful settings, prior to backtesting, but you have to test with tick data which gives, Open, Close, High, Low data as opposed to the usual ā€œClose Onlyā€ feed to get an accurate simulation of the market (pair) your optimizing for.

When I first started programing Bots, I used to see all these EAā€™s with 20 Parameter settings and think how complicatedā€¦Now 18 months on my Bots have nearly as many parameter settings to deal with various price movement eventuations and behaviors that currencies present.

Stochastics have similar issues, the tighter the settings will give the same issues as above.

Edit: Never, ever use Repainting Indicators in an EA, youā€™ll have lost money before you even startā€¦

Fair enough
sounds like a plan

when i get stuck with something while troubleshooting, i find it useful to GO BACK TO BASICS.

so re think it
adjust some parameters
test it and see the outcome
good luck with it

1 Like

Thank you @anon81929759 for posting this here :pray:

Coming from an Amibroker background, My knowledge about MT4 is limited. If changing the MT4 order windows is a too big ask, would it be possible to create an EA for this task?

Thank you very much!

i didnā€™t post this.

also i didnā€™t say it was too big of an ask

all i did was suggested that @sivricmarijan have a chat to you.

but, Youā€™re Welcome

You might look under trading systems using google, have a look at what you find and determine if you could code it.

I have made quite a few EAā€™s, I use Ichimoku and Donchian and Ross Hook a lotā€¦ just my preference.

Hi,
With all respect to other answers, but i think the below Quora link is worth your time
https://www.quora.com/How-is-machine-learning-used-in-quantitative-finance