How to integrate and connect MT4 and Excel

Hi :slight_smile:

I want to transfer bollingerband data into excel. I would like to get lowerband data, middleband data and upperband data and display it in excel. the timeframe is 15m,1h,4h and daily.anyone have idea how to do it? :confused:

I canā€™t see how you make this connection useful, if you must use Excel for a purpose, I would still update to a database first, then you can easily import/export to excel, I would recommend using MySQL since you can use the dll libraries, the you can just do an SQL Insert on every tick.

Jus before I start on it again or on your SQL will it work for exporting an import INTO mt4? Guess it will sort the accounting issue, getting to it ASAP. Appreciating all help immensely, here and elsewhere.

I donā€™t understand, you can export from an SQL database but you canā€™t import into MT4, not as far as I know.

Nailed it. There isnā€™t a shortucut in learning to program, you just have to buck up and do it.

Wellā€¦to the post above. While turning Excel into a full fledged standalone trading platform may certainly have disadvantages mentioned in the post above, I do believe that having Meta Trader 4 for example connected to Excel providing a two way link between the 2 is a clear PLUS. Bloomberg Terminal is providing connectivity and add ins to Excel - so I guess that they and all the hedge funds around must find it somewhat usefull!

Bloomberg - Think Technology Solutions

Here are a few screenshots!

I become interested in this excel and mt4 thing. I watched the videos over youtube and the name is Mexcel Trader. This thing handles 5 brokers at the same time, execute an order based on the lowest spread among the 5 brokers. Hehehe. I am trying to give it a shot but was a little bit hesitant about the price, which is $69 at mt4appstore.com, I dont know how long would my $69 would go, would that be for life, a year, 3 months, a month or trial period only. I hope someone can enlighten me.

[QUOTE=qwerty77;112939]You can export indicators and prices from MT4 to Excel and execute orders from excel to several MT4s + other cool staff. ;);););)[/QUOTE]

there is one product that helped me easily integrate Excel to Metatrader
I couldnā€™t post link here, so including zip file

Hello, may I know the link please?

The most recent activity in this thread is from February 2016. Your best bet is to do some Google research or ask the folks at MetaQuotes Software for more info. They also have a forum that might lead you to your answer.

Useless CSV interface. People need and love excel, not complicated MQ whateverā€¦
We need real tool that works to send data from Excel to MetaTrader

Hereā€™s an interesting take on the software from the MQL5 forum. Seems itā€™s not all on the up and up.
I have not validated the article but rather left it here for others.
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/200761