How to Spot a scammer here at Babpips

Cool, lets just ignore them then.

Good thread.
I don’t want to mention any names, but i have been placed on the ignore list of someone’s thread for merely warning him not to scam. Nothing rude. The ironic thing here is that David Jefferson always spelt “confident” as “confidant” and so does this guy. And Jefferson always placed people on the ignore list… Do you guys smell a rat? Anyway I’ll leave it for the babypips moderators to monitor …

Good spot! There are a terrific amount of similarities.

Maybe he remembered you from a previous life and was trying to nip it in the bud.

Certainly seems to have taken a very persecuted stance and swiftly found the ban hammer for someone who is meant to have just joined.

This i noticed as well. There is also a linkedin profile related to his name and citygroup, but no picture there…:slight_smile:

Another one I think is when they misspell the name of the company they worked for for ten years…:slight_smile: MrChilled noted that in a thread, and I thought that that made sense…:slight_smile:

I think if you nose around a bit more you’ll find Citygroup & Citi Bank might be different outfits. :wink:

I don’t understand you. Do you mean the citygroup.com.bd site?

Looks like our scamming friend has been active on another forum but blew his cover and ran:

Mr Spread Betting is back, be careful everyone - Page 56

On the other forum he is being accused of being Jefferson and he has fled which is probably why he’s been posting so actively here on babypips in the last few days.

Nicely spotted.

I also looked at the first post of that spread: it starts with:

*** David Robertson here AKA: Mr Spread Betting.

I looked up jefferson on this forum and found this thread that starts with:

*** My name is David Jefferson (aka: Rave55 from another forum) I’m an EX city trader from London.

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/45864-david-jefferson-aka-rave55-technical-analysis-trading-method.html#ixzz2DqTkPs3P

Also on Trade2win they linked to his twitter account. That wasin August 2011, saying that the posts on that account starts when he opened his account on Trade2win in August 2011. Well, you don’t see his posts before november 2012 anymore [to which they refer on trade2win], the date he joined Babypips under the name Andrew Keane.

I am confidAnt that they are the same…:slight_smile:

Sounds like you can’t suggest anything to anyone here without being called a con artist and the likes !!!

Great thread guys!! Keep up the good work. I remember when I warned everyone about David Jefferson everyone was all over me. Glad to see others doing the job too. It will be interesting where that thread goes!!

Cheers

Jeff

very well written, I just thought you might have meant spammer…Probably lots of folks trying to advertise their products…

In one persona he uses the 200sma, 100sma, 50sma and stochastics. In the other he uses the 200sma, 100sma, 60ema and RSI.

The trading approach has changed sooooooo much they are unrecognizable. LOL.

This is going to be fun… :16:

Hey, let’s give the guy a chance to prove that he has a good and solid trading plan…

Michael thanks for bringing on the challenge but I guess from his rude attitude and the evidence laid on this thread, it won’t happened.

Dont worry guys … the scammers millenium … is about to end … I dont think there is any one at this time can be fooled by these fool scammers … Except the noobs ( be carefull )… dont you ever pay a penny … without knowing 100% that your going to double that penny :22:

In all walks of life, whether someone is a top surgeon, trader or toilet cleaner, we are all human beings and one thing should always be consistent … RESPECT for each other. Andrew Keane or whatever his real name is shows absolutely no respect and as someone who is generally chilled, it fires me up. I wouldn’t be interested in following someone’s trading plan when their attitude and etiquette stink, but that’s just my take…

Not with such a track record. Don’t blame us for being carefull. Blame the scammers for giving us reasons to be carefull.

He is just lazy, using the same name again and the same pattern in communication.

Sorry, am bored and I like to search for things.

I looked at a certain linkedin profile and I noticed some oddities with the 'guy’we are talking about:

He is from the UK and worked in London. The only one that worked for CITI Group with the same name worked for CITI Group in New York, and also went to a primary school and College in New York. I am just surprised by the change that someone with the exact name worked for the same company at the other side of the world, in almost the same position and expertise area.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/[first name]-[surname]/14/767/6a2

This combined with all other mentioned similarities makes the change even bigger that he may not be who he says he is.