How to Spot a scammer here at Babpips

With respect there are a lot more than just these things which are highly suspicious.

Although I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. His last post states he is not posting anymore on here till january when he open his “charitable account”. That has scam written all over it

Oy maybe he’s just on holiday!

I am not talking about why he is not posting I am talking about the charity account. Unless he plans on using his own money to trade to a large account and give everyone on babypips a cut of the profits it has the makings of a scam. Someone has to pay for that account and I fear it will be babypips members

How ever how to spot a scam on babypips is very simple. Babypips is a free site so if you have to open you wallet (or purse for the Ladies and HOG) for any reason it is probably a scam.

I thought he and ICT were donating proceeds from their trading challenge to charity, so had assumed he just meant that so didn’t see anything sinister in it. Sorry if I’m missing something, not trying to be difficult.

Removed the comment… Had no qualitative purpose.

No I didnt realize it was a challenge as I didnt read the whole thread. I pretty much know what is in those pages. So I believe it is me the was missing something. A challenge for charity nothing wrong with that. So I take it back then there is nothing that spells scam from that guy.

Just always remember babypips give the guy some slack untill he asks for you to pay anything. Then slam away.

A pity that youy didn’t read the thread in detail and still ask to give the guy some slack… I am a but surprised about that.

And if I understand FXMall correctly:

He did ask for something.

Should we wait until the scam is concluded or act upfront?

I entirely agree with your closing sentence, Bob. I’m just generally slow to judge, swift to act, rather than the other way around. As I understand it, he issued a trading challenge to ICT, and any winnings were to go to charity. He also said that he was going to be away from here from a date in December until a date in January. So talking about an absence and a charity account didn’t jar with me. Anyway, let’s move on - we always end up agreeing, anyway!!

[Original post deleted] Sorry, I acted too quick and misread.

My understanding of it is they are both going to deposit their own money and have a trade off, both donate the winnings to charity and the loser also donates their initial deposit, that’s the way I read it.

Also Andy has said many times in his posts hes on holiday in December and thats why the charity account trade off starts in January, if you read his thread he comes back to the forum for the charity account on 14t Jan.

Hello Jefferson, welcome to the thread.

Lol, the burden of proof on here is getting lighter by the day!! That last post is basically a paraphrase of what I said towards the end of yesterday, and we can’t both be Jefferson! Your post was genuinely funny - you did well in that regard - but just because he’s repeating factually what the other guy said doesn’t automatically make him an alt!!!

Well its a good thing we dont need a burden of proof…all we can go on is a hunch based on what is said by a poster ,how long they have been a member ,what threads they only comment on and so forth…

Me personally I dont know if he is definately Dave Jefferson …he is Scottish ye but the Andrew Keane poster comes across as american with his spellings of words ,like using a z in analyse and realised and the word diaper

So even though he may not be Dave Jefferson,based on how he went about I wouldnt trust him

I’m fairly sure that your aren’t a Jefferson sock puppet…unless your part of the really long game :wink:

The last post didn’t really concern me one way or the other, the massive sales pitch in the Keane Jefferson thread that completely ignores what a scam actually is and why it’s wrong does.

A guy registered just 10 hours after andrew last post… who starts his 1st post saying: I’m new to forex and I have earned x pounds thanks to your awesome system! and then becomes his unconditional defensor?
and in addition he writes the same way?
too many coincidences…

You know. If I would be him, I would play it like this.

I would return on January 14. Look here I am, I am the real deal. During my holiday I thought about it and I don’t have to proof myself. I am not going to do the challenge, I only care about the people genuinly interested in me. And you know what? I have had it with babypips, I will go somewhere else where I can teach these Traders the tricks I learned. People Interested, you can find me here: Http://blablabla. And this will be free just to proof those idiots in the identify a scam thread wrong.

Later I would say: Guys I have the idea that a couple of peeps are only here to proof me wrong, I don’t trust it. I only want to deal with th serious people, who can spot a good system and are willing to pay a small fee for it. If you want to continue, you can find me here and I will charge a fee to filter out the fake followers.

What you think???

Yes, I trade from home and have therefor too much time on my hand…:slight_smile:

Lol I feel as though it’s 200 years ago, I’m the one standing in front of the angry mob yelling ‘please, fellow citizens, lay down your arms and let’s talk about this, give him the benefit of the doubt, we are men of reason not men of violence!’ while everyone else in town waves pitchforks and flaming torches, shouting ‘death to the vampire’. I think the next bit is where I get shoved to one side, probably cracking my head on a paving stone as I go down, then you all surge past and string him up. There’s supposed to be a pretty girl weeping, somewhere.

I’m not saying that the mob is wrong, I’m just a (virtually) lone voice for calm and patience, waiting until there is genuine evidence.

My old career told me that circumstantial evidence is not always accurate, however neat it appears.

Are you sure Mr. Templar? I’ve seen moving averages and candlesticks on your charts! IMO clear evidence that David Jefferson, Andrew Keane, FlushPokerPlayer and SimonTemplar are all one and the same person.

And don’t think an occasional switch between the SMA & EMA is enough to throw off the bloodhounds.

PS sorry, I woke at 2:30am had coffee, couldn’t find a trade I liked for the morning, can’t get back to sleep, it’s still dark here in the US, so I thought I would pass the time being silly! :56:

You mean a post stating: I have been scammed! I lost so and so much money!.

Simon would than think, gosh they were right, well lets move on? The police also arrest suspects, they don’t wait until they are 100% sure… It is up to the judge to come with a final verdict. Why wouldn’t they act like you if that would make more sense?

What evidence would you like to see if the above case is not what you are after?