How to start with $100 and turn it into 1 Million in 100 trading days!

short eur/usd at 1.3564

stop 25 pips
target 25 pips
risking 0.10%

Hmmā€¦I think i got a little aggressive with this recent trade.

moved stop down to 1.3571

donā€™t wan this anymoreā€¦so rather reduce risk

ok, eur/usd trade long has both positions filledā€¦and iā€™d expect it to move up pretty much from hereā€¦

Jay

profit taken at 1.3645 for the first position that originally was risking 0.10%

the larger postion is still open

closed 50% of trade opened at 1.3523 at 1.3554

the rest is targeting 1.3570

Jay

stop move to BE

will get running totals on all trades listed here shortly

for now, hereā€™s the results of todays trading in my futures account:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Congrats Jay, that looks pretty good! :slight_smile:

Alright, so here is a summary of todays numbers here:

5 trades - 4 winners.
net profit Profit 0.4248%
It may not seem like much, but this would be about 3% ROI had I been risking even just 1% per trade.
At 1% per trade, iā€™d be up about 4%-5% this week so far.

After this week, iā€™m going to be bumping up my trade percentage most likely, as my very low risk per trade
has more to do with fear of failure than it does to do with good trading. (irrational fear I might add. I do this for a living
using less caution and acheive a 60%+ winrate. Amazing the effect of a single day of getting whooped publicly
will do to a persons ā€œballsā€)

this brings this week to:
11 trades, 8 winners - 72% win rate
net profit 0.7428%

Last week I was down 2.53% - pretty much all in 1 day. This is when I realized I needed a plan to prevent this from
really ever happening again. Wonā€™t bother with posting the win/loss rate. itā€™s pretty sad.

The first week I posted results of my trading in ā€œrealtimeā€ was actually on my other thread here on babypips

profit for the week: 2.675%
10 profitable trades,
6 unprofitable trades
62.5% success rate

I posted it here on my ā€œoriginalā€ thread:
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/39827-professional-trader-offering-free-mentorship-via-babypips-chat-room.html

[B]So, starting with $1000, and readjusting that on a weekly basis to determine my current ā€œbalanceā€ from which to determine
my risk per trade, my account currently stands at: 1,007.50[/B]

Thatā€™s after 12 trading days. This does NOT put me on track to meet my trading goalsā€¦however, if I were to increase my
bet sizing, Iā€™d be doing quite well.

Will bump it up slightly for tomorrow (probably average around a 0.25% risk). If I can get a 1% profit tomorrow, iā€™ll bump up to 0.35% the next day.

Nothing to do but wait and see what the next trading session brings

Jay

Well, wifeā€™s flight is delayed, and this will likely cut through my trading time tonight. so, probably wonā€™t be trading.

will update later.

Jay

had time for 1 trade. eur/usd long at 1.3457

target 1.3479

stop 1.3435

risking 0.25%

took half profit at 1.3475.

stop moved to BE

P.S. target moved up to 1.3490

trade closed, 1.3488

profit hit

profit for today:

0.29%

and done :slight_smile:

account now stands at nearly 1% net profit since beginning this.

goodnight allā€¦will post up the full anlaysis later

Wellā€¦turns out I was able to take 1 more trade, and a 2nd one of my preset orders triggered.

Since i wasnā€™t able to post these trades up in ā€œrealtimeā€ (give or take a minute or so)

Iā€™ll post both pictures up so you all can see my entry point.

on eur/usd shortā€¦the pic below, i ended up taking profits at 1.3470. about 54 pips for 45 pips of riskā€¦and i took 0.25% risk on this trade.

profit of 0.30% on this one

my second trade is still oopenā€¦just triggered a long on USD/CAD at 1.0258

Target is 1.0296

Stop is 1.0230

risking 0.2%

hereā€™s the pic

So, current profit so far today is 0.59%, and depending on how this USD/CAD trade works outā€¦ iā€™ll either make about 0.87%, or iā€™ll make 0.39%

Either wayā€¦another decent day WIll update totals tomorrow. now going to bed.

Jay

Ok, so the usd/cad trade stopped out. Ended up making 0.39% yesterday. 3 trades, 2 winners, 1 loser:
66% winners
0.39% profit
Yet another day that if Iā€™d risked 1% on each trade, I would have made over 1%.

Also, I have now started to compound my profits based on each previous dayā€™s account size, rather than sticking to the same account size each week.

[B]Currently, my account with regards to this thread is now: $1,011.42[/B] - up a little over 1% in 13 trading days.

Still pretty bad. However, this result does not reflect what I feel is a accurate picture. Had I been risking a flat 1% per trade for the last 13 trading days, I would be up over 10%.

I will continue to scale up my risk percentage. Tonight I will be risking between 0.25-0.35% per trade.

Next week, I expect to increase this by that friday to 0.5%, pending that I can continue to have profits every day (or darn close to it.)

As of this post, I believe Iā€™ve only had 2 losing daysā€¦and one of which was fairly uncontrolled, and accounted for most of the losses. If we were to take out the best winning day, and the best losing day, and risked 1% per trade, the numbers would be even greaterā€¦something along the lines of 15%-20% ROI in the last 13 trading days.

Anyway, enough ā€œshoulda, coulda, wouldaā€. I just wanted to illustrate here that in spite of the numerical results, Iā€™m so far on track to be able to pull this off, pending i continue to scale up in my risk per trade.

Jay

Ok, now for the daily review. I will be reviewing the losing usd/cad trade from yesterday.

The reasons for this trade I am not going to go into very much, because this is a setup I donā€™t believe I should be sharing.
However, I will say it has to do with exotic options and orders that develop around the strike prices.

The first problem I see with this trade was that I took the trade while price was relatively high on the longer term supply/demand curve. Buying after a relatively large rise in price, as price is coming into potential resistance/supply zones,
is not generally a good idea.

So for now, I will error on the side of caution. I will take these trades only when they are not completely opposing a sup/dem zone, but I will record the opportunties as they arise, and if I see after a sample size of 20 that show it would be net profitable in the future to ignore the sup/dem curve, and take these trades anyway, then I will do so. I will continue to track the results however until I have a sample size of 100ā€¦and then, I will re-evaluate at that point.

Data mining, data mining, data mining. This is how one learns what works and what doesnā€™t.

Jay

Hey eremarket,
Great thread. :slight_smile: I was wondering what you are planning on scaling your risk per trade up too? Because this is a kind of psychological experiment, are you going to push your risk per trade higher then you would with one of your normal accounts? Enjoying the ride.

P.S. Donā€™t work to hard on this or you might burnoutā€¦ and i really want to see this through to the end. :wink: Lots of good stuff here for the noob like me.

Pipā€¦I am planning on scaling my risk up. weekly at least, if not daily. Eventually, I plan to push my risk to the furthest I can, based on acceptable drawdown and variance that will ensure the highest potential return that will keep me 3-4 standard deviations away from approaching Risk of Ruin.

Iā€™m thinking this will be somewhere around 3%, based on my current win rate and return per risk on each tradeā€¦but I will likely not attempt to push much over 1% for the first 6ish months or so.

I would like to be at (or near) risking 1% per trade by December 15th, when I plan to take3-4 weeks off for the holiday.

Then, by mid summer, pending all is going well, I plan on increasing my risk as I determine mathematically what is the most risk i can take to keep my trading within an acceptable level of variance, and not ever be in danger of hitting a R.O.R situation.

Hope this clears things upā€¦and about working too hard, Iā€™m sure I will do just that at some point, and then, it will give me an opportunity to streamline my plan and rules, throw out what isnā€™t giving me much of an increased edge, so I can maximize the return on my time invested.

A properly designed trading plan and journal is an elegent thing like that.

Jay

hello Iā€™m new to baby pips whatā€™s happen. $ 100 to a million DOLLARS in 100 days, 3 months 10 days, itā€™s not impossible, you will need titanium nerves, discipline of a Buddhist monk, an a tremendous amount of wisdom, it can be done. an when your done weā€™ll erect a monument in honor of your million bucks. ha.