I am not good at math, can I still be successful?

No problem at all. For being a good trader you do not need to be an expert in math. Basics knowledge of math will do the work. Learnt to read the market. Observe charts as much as possible. Do demo practice and apply what you are learning. Learn by doing experiments. Have a learning attitudes. You have to spend a lot of time in learning.

2 Likes

Well, I meant scientific math is high level of math skill like Calculus, the real number system, etc.

Sometimes it needs basic sense of math for calculating few data! But, it’s very easy to do!

I am agree with you , but any calculation doesn’t work in Fx market place , this market is much neutral and always follow its own rules.

You have been the most helpful poster thus far. Not! How about instead of [Removed due to forum policy] and tearing down newbies for their lack of knowledge you actually try and be helpful. There was a reason I put this in the beginner’s section…

To everyone else who has been very helpful, thank you very much for your advice and encouragement

How about not being a [Removed due to forum policy] and read this

if you can’t research, if you can’t make this simple analysis then I stand by my original statement. Go play golf.

If that’s a polite way of saying that the forum is filling with no-value junk, then I definitely agree.

It’s a difficult situation.

All these posters aren’t really breaking any specific rules, are they? They’re just killing the forum by filling it with total rubbish.

Change the rules, I say.

No. You need to understand some statistics, to trade successfully, and that isn’t such an easy subject, really. You certainly don’t need a math degree to trade well, but “just basic, average math skills” probably isn’t going to cut it.

Your best chance would be to become good at math first. Otherwise as Bob mentioned, golf is a far better bet for you.

1 Like

You see what you did there Bob? in your second reply you gave me some actual useful information that might be helpful to me. Wasn´t so hard was it? You could have just done that the first time around. I am eager to learn and not lazy unlike some others may be. So, I will take your advice and read that second thread. I do not agree that I am ¨filling the forum with garbage¨ I put my question in Beginners Questions for a reason! I feel that this section of the forum is the area to ask any ¨stupid¨question I want! I (and others) are learning after all… Had I posted it in any other section you have every right to be a jerk to me. However, since I didn´t… I assume that you consider yourself an experienced successful or semi successful trader. Instead of trashing newbies why not use your experience to help others? I am man enough to admit what I don´t know and I do have a desire to learn so, if your thread on statistical analysis contains useful information I will be using to help my learning process. For that I thank you.

1 Like

I think part if the problem here may be a generational thing.
What probably passes for basic maths skills now wouldn’t have cut mustard when I was a kid.
Mental arithmetic seems to have been replaced by calculators, do they even teach Times Tables in primary schools now?

I am not as young as you might think, I learned basic math I was just never good at it and never really enjoyed it. I do agree with you that the younger kids now are using Iphones and whatnot to do all their calculations. While I am not as old as some, I am old enough that I even learned cursive when I was in school!

I’ll just say two words to you mister !

LOG TABLES !

What on earth use were they?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I suppose if you wanted a 7th root, You just divided the log by 7 and antilogged it :relaxed:

They were not as much fun as slide rules, but more accurate. :sunglasses:

At least I’ve used slide rules as an adult

Oh I see - you never actually used “log tables” ? They were for long diviion and multiplication

I really don’t feel "that old " :wink::laughing:

I used logarithms at school, but never since
Hated them with a vengeance

1 Like

Totally Agree, i mean where do we draw the line.
today it’s
I’m not good at math, can i still be successful at trading

Tomorrow it’ll be
"i don’t really feel like trading, seems to be too risky, can i be successful at trading " :stuck_out_tongue:

I was unaware such a simple question would cause such a problem for you veteran traders. I will keep that in mind for the future.

comment Removed by Me (martin k) as a result of , i no longer care to help this OP since they don’t want to help themselves

No. You are incorrect on one point. I asked if I am not great at math can I still make it as a trader. I did NOT ask for someone to mentor me, I did not ask for any magic strategy or short cut to trading. I did not ask for anyone to baby me or give me all the answers to trading. I asked a very simple question. I am eager and willing to put in the work and time, I am not lazy. It seems to me that a lot of you are very bitter and not eager to help newbies and that discourages a lot of people from even beginning or trying Forex. Not me however! I have now been told what I need to learn in order to start trying to be successful so I plan on getting to it!

If you are truly annoyed by newbie questions, why are you even in this forum? those of you who get annoyed by my newbie questions should go answer questions in another more advanced section of the BP forums.

1 Like