I made

That’s a good progress, but you should try couple months more for your own comparison. Some might say that it was just a beginner’s luck, and you need to do more to prove it…

Yeah, great job!
If you have watched the markets as long as you have and traded demo during different markets then you should be able to do as well in different markets now, i. e. trending up, down or sideways or volatile or quiet. Very encouraging to see another newbie do so well.

The only difference is the material change in your finances of real vs demo. I trade real and sometimes just being tired from my regular job causes me to lower my risk as I cannot manage trades if too tired and it is REAL money, however I still continue to make new equity highs.

BTW my best 3 month win rate is 68% and my best profit factor is 2.2, but my average (last check) is 1.7 and 52%. :slight_smile:

All the best!

[QUOTE=“monser33;733497”]I made … 66.9% on my demo account over 168 trades over just over a months time. Am I just getting lucky? Should I trade with real money? I feel like I know what i am doing. Its not like I made 66.9% on 5 trades overleveraging. Can someone please knock some sense into me, am I delusional?[/QUOTE]

Try 12-20 months of consistency. That will be a better measurement.

This what I am thinking I need too. As much as I want to jump in with real money, I really need to keep trading the demo account with the same discipline I would/will be using when trading for real. Everything’s going pretty well so far though, but still early days.

Hey Monser33,

While every one here will probably undermine you, I think the answer no one will be able to give but you, of course I always believe that the real teacher in forex is real trading, either you think you got the right trading plan or not, I think you should go ahead with a real account, my view on the idea of a demo is basically learn how to trade in regards to placing a trade , SL TP and getting a feel of forex, But to really learn , I think you should go for the real one,

emotions and mind state accumulates a lot to the success or failure of a trader,
as long as your plan has an entry plan, (buy or sell) exit plan either TP or SL then you are good to go,

I cant tell you how many times I thought I got a good trading plan which looked good on demo and on real life it become something else, not because the plan sux or was good, because the mind set is different,

any way man good luck , and yes I have seen in my days traders , amazing traders who turned acounts to 300% - 600% wins and not by luck , and ofcourse I saw them blow it up

the last thing I would say, you only will know when you try :wink:

Good luck

let us know how it goes

in short, after one month? no. but if you want to open a small live account and see how your emotions and psychology will be differently impacted with real money, i see no real harm in it. just don’t expect to have consistent success after one month demoing…consider it a learning experience, much like demo is a learning experience.

Hello everyone, so after posting the initial thread and took people’s comments and recommendations seriously.

I started a live account with a mere $1000 last week December 1, 2015

The following link shows my success so far “CAD account System by Fxyogi | Myfxbook

I have also continued trading my demo account - you can see some serious draw down on that demo account I had a long order on the POUND which I completely forgot about… I managed to trade my way out of that draw down.

The follow link shows the success of my demo account so far :“Entrepreneur System by Fxyogi | Myfxbook

Alright, we are waiting for your feedback. Don’t overtrade and keep your head cool when take risk.

See above!

Nice start on the live account Monser33! These past few days the market was quite volatile and you made good use of it. I will definitely check your progress in the upcoming months.

I will report back every 2 weeks or so.