I'm a new trading forex should i choose Forex.com or FXCM?

Hi,i’m a new trading forex i have tried both Forex.com and FXCM.com and it makes me confuse which one should i choose ? and what are the differences between Forex.com and FXCM.com? (I’m using Metatrader 4)

1 Like

@Paeillicit I think forex.com is better

1 Like

You said you have tried both of them, so I think you are in the best position to choose. Both of them are well regulated. Your choice should depend on what kind of trader you are and what trading conditions would suit you. Who offers the trading conditions that are favorable to your trading strategy? That is the broker you should go for. In my opinion, forex.com is better.

1 Like

What trading service you are looking for actually? As a new trader, I seem you need to select educational friendly Forex broker; like who offers free monthly webinars and others educational programs! Besides, you have to know their transparency as well! Popular review sites may help you!

Hi Paeillicit,

Welcome to the forum!

Wanted to let you know we’re to help if you ever have questions specific to FXCM. We also have an FXCM discussion thread you’re welcome to post to as well FXCM Discussion

Jason

1 Like

Are you based in the US?

Nope, i’m a thai citizen and i’m just living in thailand.

2 Likes

We appreciate your votes of confidence, @Maryrose and @Bob5star :sunglasses:

Just? Don’t sell it short @Paeillicit :wink:

As you can see, both brokers you are considering have representatives on BabyPips available to answer your questions.

I’m sorry for my english i mean i’m living in thailand
Does forex.com accept thai citizenship ?

1 Like

There is no need for you to be sorry. We apologize for any confusion.

Yes, FOREX.com accepts customers from Thailand. If you would like a Thai-speaking member of our staff to give you a call, please send us a private message with your name, email and phone number including the best time to call you.

It seems like you haven’t done your homework, otherwise you wouldn’t be considering FXCM. If you have done a bit of search on the net, you should know that FXCM is a bucket shop. They were banned from the US for stealing retail trader’s money. Please avoid FXCM at all.

1 Like

Hello,for you to choose a good quality broker go to forex peace army site,they have alot of info about brokers to stay clear of and i’m pretty sure these two are near the top of the list.

FXCM should be the last broker on your list while I have little idea about Forex.com, I feel selecting such brokers are not worth our time and will not lead us anywhere at all! So, it’s better to pick one that we can trust on.

If you are new to fx dont think in fxcm , they lost USA license some months ago, you are outside USA so you can look for better leverage and well regulated broker , look for a uk broker(no fxcm) or Swiss one. Dont only look for the review stars , read the reviews…remember something “the broker is for the trader what the rifle is for the hunter”

Hi,thank you very much for warning me i just have read about that news so it’s true.I was about to choose forex.com when i traded on MT4 the prices Bid and Ask in quotes are not equals on the graph,the prices in quotes are always higher than on the graph and FOREXTRADER Pro platform is very hard to use for me.Is there other option? thanks you.

I was doing research both of these companies and sorry to say, but neither of these can be said to be trustworthy, so we need to be very careful. However, I don’t think I am one you will take responsibility in either direction, so it’s your choice to make because ultimately, it’s you only who will have to take the responsibility of the results. If you depend on others and follow their view then it will not work.

@AnnaAdorika while we won’t speak for other brokers, FOREX.com is available here on BabyPips to answer questions you have about us. We’re always looking for ways to improve and welcome any constructive criticism you have. What can we do to address your concerns?

Hi Paellitcit and AnnaAdorika,

Trust and transparency is important when choosing any broker which is why we regularly release data on historical spreads, positive/negative slippage, and trade execution that few if any brokers can match.

Historical Spreads

In Quarter 1 of 2017, EUR/USD and USD/JPY each had an average spread of 0.2 and 0.3 pips
respectively and a trading cost of $0.11 and $0.13 during peak hours: 70% of EUR/USD and 61% of
USD/JPY volume occurred during peak hours.

This report compiles forex trading data from FXCM’s Standard accounts for Q1 2017. The data reflects average
spreads made available to FXCM clients during peak and non‐peak trading hours. FXCM_spreads-report_au_2017Q1.pdf (137.3 KB)

Positive / Negative Slippage

With FXCM’s forex execution models, you can potentially receive price improvements on all orders as all orders fill with FXCM’s best available price. From January 1, 2017 through May 31, 2017, more than 12 million orders were filled with positive slippage.

*The data above comes from various order types that executed through FXCM Group from January 1, 2017, to May 31, 2017. Certain non‐direct clients are excluded from the data.

You can read the full report here FXCM_slippage_report_ltd_2017_Jan_May.pdf (131.7 KB)

Let me know if you have any questions about FXCM.

Jason

*The information provided is historical in nature and does not imply that FXCM maintains a particular capacity or performance level. Past results are not indicative of future performance. The price at which an order is executed does not negate the high level of risk involved with forex trading. Trading could result in losses regardless of the pricing quality of opening or closing transactions. Spreads Data comes from all available liquidity providers – liquidity providers subject to change.

1 Like

Don’t use Forex.com. It has some sign up fragility. If you try to use a different browser such as FF or Crome, it gives a different look. Also, I found out the too simple password given for the demo version. If you sign up for the demo, you cannot choose the password. And the password given would be your FIRST NAME only!!! And it is possible for you to sign up multiple times!!! 100,000 account? Twice sign up and you can double it up!!! Yay! Much fun than real demo trading!!!

It’s a real story. I reported it with photos to ForexFraud.com.