Im Back! With a new strategy! <3 kelton

Sweet man! Thats good news! Ill be adding to the post as I can for sure!

I coded a little bit and I also think it would be hard… speacially coding the reentries…

As far as I know, you can`t give the EA a code to enter when price crosses the 600 ema AND a code for the EA to open trades when it crosses the 120 ema only sometimes (reentry). Instead, the EA will enter EVERYTIME it crosses the 600 ema and EVERYTIME it crosses the 120 ema…

Hi Kelton,
Just one question…what time frame are you using this strategy with ?..

[QUOTE=ricou;462223]Hi Kelton,
Just one question…what time frame are you using this strategy with ?..[/QUOTE]

RENKO charts are used, so there is no specific time frame.
I would recomend you to read more about it on the internet. pretty simple to understand if you do.

im ataching the indicator I have here so save people`s time looking for it.

To run it, you just throw the indicator on the pair you`re looking at, at any time frame.
Configs for this strategy should be as follow:

-BoxSize = 15.
-BoxOffset = 0.
-RenkoTimeframe = 2.
-StrangeSymbolName = False.

click ok.

After that, go on FILE > OPENOFFLINE.
Look for the pair you attached the indicator and you should have something like this: XXXXXX,M2 (XXXXXX its the name of the pair. So if you attached the indicator to the EURUSD, you should see EURUSD,M2).
Open it and add the strategy`s indicators.
Be merry!

Needs to be the 1 min timeframe to update properly

thanks Kelton, thanks gbraidotti

My pleasure, idk if my update went through but again its a 650 and 120 ema. Not 600ema

Coding the re-entry is simple enough - as soon as I have time ( working 100hrs per week at present) I will have a go

Thanks man, but can you code using renko?

I’m researching how to do it right now - two possible approaches - code the EA from scratch without actually using a renko chart - just read the pip data in and construct an array of virtual renko bricks - more difficult in coding but likely to be less PC resource intensive, or code an EA to act on the renko chart.
Do you do the MAs on the Close of the bricks (i.e. the high of the up bricks and the low of the down bricks)?

Yes i use it on the close of the bricks. Thanks for your help

This is the wrong way to code up the EA and won’t make any difference to the resources required from a CPU.

If you want to write an EA, split the funcionality up into appropriate units. You code the logic of the trading algorithm into a trading EA. You then run the Renko EA on a 1M chart which generates an offline chart and you apply the trading EA to the the offlne. The trading EA would be very simple since in this case the trading rules/algorithm is very simple.

I agree the trading algorithm is simple the question is, and I’ve not tried before, will the EA work on an offline chart? I will have a go later this week when I have some time.

The attraction of coding the whole thing virtually is the ability to turn it into a multipair EA, looping through a number of pairs.

Yes an EA works perfectly on an offline chart. As far as the EA is concerned, there is no difference between a normal chart and an offlline chart.

J

Ok, I can see what you mean, however there is no reason code multi instruments into this EA since the trading algorithm does not require it. Further, if you try to code an EA that calculates “live” renko candles for multiple instruments simultaneously, and on top of that incorporate trading logic, that will be very complicated to manage. You will spend more time debugging the EA than having it trading. Keep it simple if you want it to work…

J

Hey jedster, welcome again. I remember you from my stat arb thread

Yes, I spent a while on that thread (and mentioned why it was, and then eventually wasn’t, working for me). I then saw your Renko thread. I spent a lot of last year coding and trialing diffrerent renko automated strategies, so I am interested to see how you get on.

J

You think its possible to code this strategy?

Yes, and I would do it for you. Unfortunately, I am just really stretched at the moment. I have so much on, I simply have no extra capacity. If I get a few hours during the week or maybe next week, I’ll add this to my ttd list.

J