Im confused about pivot points...need help pls?

Yes, 5 pm New York time (10 pm London time) is the end of one trading day and the start of the next trading day.

The trading day we call “Monday” begins at 5 pm New York time on Sunday, and ends at 5 pm New York time on Monday. And, so forth.

Forgot to add -

when used with [I]Lines of Support & Resistance[/I], and other indicators.

Can I ask if there are any Indicators that might be more logical to use with Pivot Points ?

cheers

I agree, provided your levels (lines, or zones) of support and resistance are shrewdly selected.

Often, you will find that one or more of your S/R levels coincide with each other, or with a pivot level. This is called [I]confluence,[/I] and it’s an important thing to take note of.

[I]More logical than S/R levels?[/I] — No.

[I]Potentially useful[/I] as clues to what’s coming today, or this week? — Maybe.

You might want to look at Fibonacci retracement levels, and take note of any confluences which appear.

Referring to the current 1-hour EUR/USD chart, if you drop a fib on the swing from Thursday’s High to Friday’s Low, you will see a very close confluence between the 50% fib retracement level and Friday’s High. That level [I]could[/I] be important going into this new calendar week.

Be aware that confluences are seldom perfect to the pip.

In confluences, as in horse-shoes and hand grenades, close counts.