Index Arbitrage at the Retail Level... Can it be done?

Definitely Pip Grip. Nothing is easy, I’ve been in this game too long to underestimate this BS. LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Clark,

We retail traders must always remember that we are at the VERY BOTTOM of the Forex ladder, that those who are higher have advantages which we could only dream about, and so we necessarily MUST be cautious and conservative in every trade we make. It helps to remember another saying, that Forex is populated by the most elite financial predators in the world. Be a shark, or get eaten!

Yes, that’s what I meant. “BS” as in this whole trading business. Nothing is as easy as it seems.

There is risk to ANY kind of trading, commodities, equities, forex, etc., and there is MUCH more to learn than just trading strategies, regardless of time frames, etc. However, it CAN be done successfully!

Clark,

Let me go back to your original topic, about arbitrage. Let me also note that arbitrage is similar to scalping, in that both strategies call for extremely accurate price quotes, and for lightning fast trade entry and exit abilities. Both of those requirements can form MAJOR hurdles for retail traders, as the deck is heavily stacked against retail traders, such that for retail traders arbitrage and scalping generally are much more gambling than trading.

Retail traders do well to consider longer time frames. Day traders can do well, but they are not looking at time frames measured in minutes, or seconds, and never mind milliseconds. Swing traders can do well, too, but they also have the risk of leaving their trades open overnight or over a weekend, when a market could move away from them before they can react.

Swing trading on a longer term or position trading might be easier in terms of identifying a trend, but such longer term trades must also allow for considerably greater price movement, and wider stop loss positions.

My vote goes to day trading, and MAYBE swinging for a day or two during the middle of a week. YMMV

Yeah I agree with you. Retail arbitrage and scalping have their similarities and the same obstacles.

Personally I day trade. :stuck_out_tongue:

How long have you been trading? Would love to bounce ideas back and forth.

Clark

This is a way to get your questions answered. Live webinar event on Wed Dec 14 with Jason Fielder.

[[InternalWebReg1][12-12-11]&Contact0LeadSourceId=169&email="]http://www.freeforexwebinar.com/Arbitrage-The-Forex/?utm_source=House%20List&utm_medium=Email%20Broadcast%20-%20Dedicated&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=[FxArb][InternalWebReg1][12-12-11]&Contact0LeadSourceId=169&email=](http://www.freeforexwebinar.com/Arbitrage-The-Forex/?utm_source=House%20List&utm_medium=Email%20Broadcast%20-%20Dedicated&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=[FxArb)