Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

It could bounce a little, but over all I think we will break new ground and continue lower…

and here is my Weekly USDX PrintOut…

The only thing added to this is a Purple Trend Line to mark the divergence between the USDX and USDCHF pairs. Notice how this can indicate shifts in the US Dollar.

Now print these three examples out that I just gave you and study them. Compare each pair to the other pairs and notice how you can find EXCELLENT entry points…

I suggest you mark up your charts some what like this and keep adding to it at the end of each week. This is what has helped me this week…

[B]USDollar[/B] CLICK TO MAKE IMAGE BIGGER

GLGT!!!

it’s in a downtrend, probably best not to look for ote longs

One thing on the USDX pair I wanted to point out is, look at the 78.58 level on your charts and on Sept. 14th notice how we went below this level a tiny bit…Stops Where Triggered…then off we go…

78.58 was the low made May 1st 2012…

I think 82.03 is a good level to short the USD… risk on… !!

also look at the Dow Jones, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Weekly Charts Zoomed way out…

Notice the Bearish Divergence made between these…?

Nasdaq has been making new Highs while the other two have so far been unable to do so…

I just wanted to make a post which is completely random and might seem very out of place in this thread. However, although I have only made a few posts, I have been a part of Michael’s threads for at least 18 months and have read every post in every babypips thread and watched all of his videos. Anyone else who has been around this long, and even longer, knows that you really start to feel like you know members personally and you really feel a part of this ICT community. This is a community of people who have the same mindset as I do: we are all people who are going against the grain with hopes that we can become financially free doing something we actually enjoy.

I have learnt so much from Michael and have always wondered if a time would ever come when I’d be able to give something back to him. Some people have offered him some of their riches when they become successful, however, he would prefer us to give our money to people who really need it. Anyway, I have been thinking about this for many months and wondering if it would be crazy to actually make a post like this in a babypips thread, but all this recent talk of giving back and doing our bit for charity has made me feel like I should.

One area I feel I have information to offer is when it comes to health. There is no point in being financially free if we don’t have the health to be able to enjoy our lives to the fullest. Due to health problems of my own I have spent countless hours everyday for the last 3-4 years researching health and how to live healthfully. This wasn’t through choice, but when it comes to the point where doctors say “well we’ve tried the usual drugs and they’re not working, so you have to just live with it, but if it gets worse then there are more powerful drugs we can try and eventually surgery might be an option.” As Michael talked about in his recent post on taking control of our own lives; this was the point for me where I decided I can’t wait for the doctors to come up with some artificial “cure” and I decided to take control of my own health. I eventually came across The Paleo Diet and haven’t looked back since. This isn’t a diet in a “lose this-much-weight in this-much-time” sense; this is a complete lifestyle change in order to eat in a way our bodies are designed to eat, which can possibly prevent and even reverse the whole myriad of health problems that everyone seems to have these days.

I don’t want to go into too much detail with the ins and outs of this way of eating because I’m not a doctor or a health expert and there will no doubt be some people on this who think it’s crazy and some sort of quackery, and that is perfectly fine and exactly how I would have thought until I actually had health problems that meant I didn’t have many other options but to figure it out for myself. (Also, it is incredibly annoying when someone tells you what you should and shouldn’t eat based on their own beliefs, but in this case, I think this is information EVERBODY should be aware of). But, if any of you have any health issues or have family, friends or children who aren’t as healthy as they should be and doctors don’t really have an answer: anything from small things things like allergies, catching colds more often than you should, difficulty sleeping, digestive issues, or waking up every morning with a stuffy head, all the way up to problems such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis (or even if you are just interested in doing all you can to avoid these problems in future), then all I can suggest is that you do a bit of google searching for things like “paleo diet” and “paleo lifestyle” and see if you see any substance to it. I’ll be the first admit that I was completely sceptical of it at first but once I dove in and started making changes to the way I eat, I was 100% convinced on its effectiveness. Just like if you were to tell someone that Forex trading is the way to go and that they can become financially free if they learn how to do it properly, and they went on google and saw “make $5000 in 5mins trading currencies” or “95% of Forex traders fail”, it would be very easy for them to think you’re crazy and give up before they even start and never do the research necessary to figure out how to become a successful trader. This means they would miss out on finding a thread like Michael’s and they would never get to learn that there is someone out there doing this for real and willing to share all his knowledge with anybody who is willing to listen and learn. The difference between us and the 95% is that we have decided to take the harder route now in order to be rewarded in the long run, and that is basically the mindset I have taken when it comes to my health.

The Paleo Diet is the main thing I wanted to inform people about in this post, however there is a world cancer summit coming up on October 31st. The link is www.worldcancersummit.com. I don’t know much about it but, as far as I can tell, it is a group of doctors, nutritionists and health experts getting together to reveal research they have been doing for years about natural ways to prevent and cure cancer. One video will be released each night and will only be available for free for 24 hours so make sure to watch them within the 24 hours. You can sign up for free and they will email you when the videos become available I think. There might be information in these videos that gives you the ability to help someone you know who may have cancer, or maybe it will give you information which you can pass on to your children so they can have a lifestyle which reduces their risk of ever getting cancer.

So, I completely understand that this might be of no use to Michael or anybody else at the moment, but if there is a chance that this post leads to one person here making changes in their life (because it is most definitely a life-changing endeavour) or someone in here can suggest this diet to someone they know and make a difference in their life, then I am very glad I have been able to give something back and help someone else.

And, my apologies for this ridiculously long post which has nothing to do with trading but it seemed like the right time to attempt to give something back. All the information you could ever need on the Paleo diet is out there on the internet (for free! - don’t buy any books unless you really want to), but if anyone would like more information or would like me to point them in the right direction to get started then feel free to contact me.

I sincerely hope this is useful to someone and helps someone make a change in their life so we can all be healthy as well as wealthy for many years to come.

Jamie

I presumed the physical tools, indi’s and what not…

When I first started to accumulate books on trading I was amazed to find a book written a a certain Dr on phsycology and trading - he stated that his field represented at least 70% the required knowledge of trading and the remaining 30% on the techical/fundamentals.
I thought ’ wow what rubbish - I’ll learn the important stuff - sure I know all about how I tick’.

Older and wiser I now know that the certain Dr was right, the only problem with any of the physcology books is they are not written from experience, they are written for reward - maybe this is why I read and enjoy the posts on this thread.

Excellent metaPhore.

Thank You Jamie for posting.

@PIPhanger, thank you so much for sharing your weekly analysis

interesting to find a post on primal eating on this thread. not the usual fare in the trading realm, but since it’s here let me add a bit from personal experience. Was exposed to idea by way of apparently random event in a difficult time for me personally. being down in areas of health and emotion, and it seemed weird, but somehow made sense… what can i say. idea is simple, mostly about taking out refined sugars and cereal-based foods from one’s diet, and tried it for a while. within a week i could feel the difference, energy level was way up, couple of weeks later muscle mass way up, long-time fat around the waist gone and more importantly, in a very definite way, i felt a lot more clear in my head. just about any thought i could have had.

in the same spirit, 'm adding the impressions for whomever would like to try, and as a person who’s been into sports for many years i could be found in summers running crazy up some mountain or kicking a bag into oblivion. in the physical space nothing has ever had as much impact as this diet did, and i kept on for a while the way it’s described. At this point i have bread and cereals or sugars when i like to, no biggie, and then i return naturally to more primal foods, and it’s the feel good experience that i wanted to share

good luck and good trading everyone.

I feel like eating a Big Mac

Hello guys, just wondering if someone can explain the difference between trading forex spot and forex futures.

Is there a advantage to one over the other.

Thanks and good trading.

jamieb121 - I’m not quite on a Paoleo diet, but I do stick mainly to dairy free and wheat free, wheat is hard to digest and is generally of poor quality, not so much in the States I believe, anyway it makes me ill, indigestion, thrush, heartburn etc etc, same as much with milk, it’s a disgusting product, no other adult animal in nature drinks milk, let alone milk from another animal, it’s not right.

Had all the tests, didn’t prove anything, but I know that if I keep clear of those foodstuffs, I feel 100%, when I don’t I feel like Big Mac, horrible fat and disgusting :smiley:

Hi PPFX … did you ever check if you are ceoliac? In that case you need to eat gluten free products. You seem to have those symptoms…

Hah, hah hah hah, cracker, that was funny, cracked me up, love it.

Yes, the thing is, I’m not ceoliac, I don’t produce the antibodies, it’s just my digestive system can’t cope with the large gluten molecules, well that’s what I think, and it makes sense to me.

I can get away with the odd thing, so if I’m out, I don’t fret and eat more or less what I fancy, but I just can’t do that on a daily basis.

Not trading forex maybe slaying dragons… You ever hear of WOW lol.

Michael ? is the assessment correct .

Also if you can tell me , long Yen futures would mean shorts for the pairs , right ?