Is etoro a good broker?

i checked on google and i found out some body wrote there that deltastock is a scm. this is the link

DeltaStock broker is scam | Trade2Win Forums

Hello,

Well I appreciate your pointing that post out to me (believe it or not).

Now I do know that because of my ā€˜loose associationā€™ as it were with Deltastock nobody is going to take me seriously but I beg of you: please DO remember that Iā€™m still a TRADER first, and simply provide technical support for my broker second.

What that person is saying is making no sense at all (not to me anyway). Be that as it may (and this is what I was saying in a previous post): youā€™ll note the words ā€˜marginā€™ and ā€˜callā€™ being used more than once. The trader was overtrading anyway and Iā€™d stake my life on the fact that his ā€˜gambleā€™ didnā€™t work out, the trade (or trades) went against him, and he got margin called. Anybody thatā€™s trading in fear of getting margin called shouldnā€™t be trading in the first place (theyā€™re ā€˜gamblingā€™ not trading).

Iā€™m NOT saying that what HE is saying DIDNā€™T happen as I was obviously not privy to the issue at hand but Iā€™ll wager that there is another side to the story. I can only speak from personal experience and I assure you that Iā€™ve never ever had anything like that happen to me. And then again as I also warned: please do note that there is only ONE and ONLY one post about that type of thing happening (unless you can find some more). Something just doesnā€™t look ā€˜rightā€™ to me is all. And as a matter of fact: Iā€™ve looked again (this is an edit) there is only ONE POST on that entire forum by that person. Thatā€™s a competitor broker. Iā€™ll guarantee it!!! Either that or the guy ā€˜lost his shirtā€™ and, as I noted previously, hey, why not blame the broker FIRST!!!

As far as the other person saying that Deltaā€™s spreads are ridiculous that very COMMENT is ridiculous!!! In the past five years Deltastockā€™s spread on EUR/USD has never been more than 3 pips and I think at one time it was 8 pips (maybe 9 or maybe 7 i.e. I forget now) on GBP/JPY. Those posts were made in 2009. First of all (and I even to this DAY monitor the spreads and charts of at least five other brokers) those spreads were ā€˜the normā€™ in the industry in 2009. Secondly: a lot has changed since then (and not ONLY at Deltastock either) i.e. Deltastockā€™s spread on EUR/USD is now 2 pips (and if you trade via the ECN/STP module it hovers around 0.1 - 0.5 pips). I mean: how much lower does a person need the spread to be in order to make a profit??? Deltastock is also in the business of making money as is any other broker. Are they supposed to provide all of the software and customer support etc. for FREE??? Again: thereā€™s something wrong with that post too. And Iā€™ll tell you this for nothing too: if a pip or two is going to make a difference to your trading results then youā€™re trading the wrong system and you may as well just GIVE ME your money because the end result is going to be the same!!! LOL!!!

Sorry: nothing in this post is directed at YOU forex123456. Yes I do get a bit ā€˜touchyā€™ about my broker especially when I know that somebody is talking utter nonsense. Put it this way: I will stake my OWN LIFE on the fact that if what that person is saying did indeed happen there is NO doubt in my mind that Deltastock would have corrected the error.

Iā€™ll tell you something right now (Iā€™m not sure that I should be doing this because I donā€™t want Deltastock flooded with requests to have trades ā€˜nulledā€™ because they did it for me once a long time ago) but this happened to me a long time ago:

I placed a stop order to buy a certain stock because somebody had told me that it s was a ā€˜hot stockā€™ (in those days I was listening to other peopleā€™s ā€˜BSā€™). I placed the stop order just before the NY close. As ā€˜luckā€™ would have it: the information that I was given was indeed correct (well so I thought when trading opened anyway) i.e. the company in question was the target of a takeover bid that was only made public after the markets were closed. What happened??? The price of the stock gapped up at the open the next day in a way that you could not imagine. At the time: I didnā€™t understand WHY my stop order got slipped and only executed ALMOST at the high of the gap (and of course, as ā€˜luckā€™ again would have it, the news about this takeover was merely speculative and the price started to tumble). I immediately got on the PHONE to Deltastock no less to find out why my stop order had not been executed at my exact price NOT KNOWING NOR UNDERSTANDING how a stop order REALLY works at the time. After redirecting me to the SECā€™s website in order for me to actually learn and undertand what a stop order REALLY is and what happens to a stop order if thereā€™s a gap, and after my apologising for calling them and moaning because I didnā€™t know what I was doing, do you know that they ā€˜nulledā€™ the trade (obviously making it very clear that this would not be done again). In other words: instead of losing ā€˜lil ol meā€™ as a client at the time they ā€˜nulledā€™ the trade without my even asking them to do it. I challenge ANYONE thatā€™s been in this business for any length of time to relate a similar happening??? Just you TRY and get your money back on a losing trading when YOU didnā€™t know what YOU were doing!!!

The point Iā€™m trying to make is that ANY broker ā€˜worth their saltā€™ is not going to risk losing clients and having posts like that posted everywhere and anywhere on the Internet unless theyā€™re 100% sure that they were in the right and can prove it if needs be. What would be the point??? Deltastock has been around since 1998 and I can assure that by 2009 they were big enough to absorb any ā€˜mistakeā€™ they they MAY have made, given the client his money back, and closed his account UNLESS, as I noted, the client was indeed at fault.

Iā€™ll tell you what: Iā€™ll even go so far as to say this. For what itā€™s worth I will PERSONALLY guarantee that you will not have ANY issues with Deltastock. Now thatā€™s ā€˜putting my money where my mouth isā€™. With one proviso: if YOU ā€˜mess upā€™ well, then, you cannot blame the broker. But if THEY ā€˜mess upā€™ I will personally make ā€˜restitutionā€™ to you. Iā€™ll publicly post the issue (if any) here on these very forums and even allow others to ā€˜voteā€™ on what the outcome should be. Now howā€™s that for a deal??? Thatā€™s how sure I am that Iā€™m not going to have anything to worry about!!! (OK: if it DOES happen youā€™ll have to wait for your money i.e. I donā€™t like giving money away for nothing)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

i beleive you, deltastock is not a scam

Hello.

Like I said: nothing Iā€™ve said is directed at you I assure you. Unfortunately (and contrary to popular belief): this business is not ā€˜squeaky cleanā€™ either (Wall Street ITSELF is proof enough of that). As a matter of fact itā€™s ā€˜cut-throatā€™ in the worst possible way as is always the case when it comes to money is it not??? EVERYBODY wants a piece of a ā€˜finite size pieā€™ and theyā€™ll do anything or say anything to try to get their ā€˜sliceā€™ even if it means lying outright.

Anyway my (new) friend:

You make your choice and be comfortable with it. Donā€™t be co-erced by me or anyone else into making a decision on which broker to use. Even if you go with another broker Iā€™ll still be here to help you in any way that I can. Hell: Iā€™ve been doing it now for so long why stop now??? LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Hey friends, I am pretty new to the trading but I have given a try to etoro and I would like to say that it was good to use it. Though it is my first week here, but it was fine and I am making profits here, however they now are pretty small but I believe to get bigger ones in the near future. I have read plenty of bad reviews against etoro, but thankfully I decided to go with them and I am happy with my decision. This is entirely my personal opinion so donā€™t make your word out of it, go through the details of etoro and then decide whether you want to go with it or not after all it is your hard earned money.

Oh here we go.

And I didnā€™t sleep well last night either and I have to wake up to this???

Sorry but I cannot take this anymore.

I have read plenty of bad reviews against etoro, but thankfully I decided to go with them ā€¦
Now I ask anybody with tears in my eyes: does that make sense to you???

I donā€™t have access to the necessary information but Iā€™ll guarantee you that lazygirlā€™s IP Adddress, that was used when posting this and the other only ONE post on BabyPips, can either be traced either to Cyprus or a free Proxy Server somewhere.

Please!!!

Let me make one thing clear here: Iā€™ve got nothing against eToro. Iā€™ve never traded with them and have no experience with them at all. But what I DO have a problem with is the bulls*it in this business!!! This is exactly what I was talking about earlier on this thread. This is the very same type of ā€˜personā€™ that will go around calling Deltastock, or any other, even half-decent, broker, a ā€˜scam brokerā€™ and it makes me sick to the stomach.

Somebody needs to do something to ā€˜cleanā€™ this business (and ā€˜pushedā€™ far enough itā€™ may even be me)!!! Itā€™s difficult enough to get into, and be profitable, in this business without being mislead by cr*p like this and being at a disadvantage before youā€™ve even placed your first trade!!!

And JUST in case anybody here thinks that itā€™s ME thatā€™s the bullshi*ter here then take a look at the ORIGINAL version of ladygirlā€™s post (below). You see: when youā€™re subscribed to a message thread and receive instant e-mail notifications of any new posts made on that thread then the instant e-mail notification contains the ORIGINAL post. Well I donā€™t know but the ORIGINAL post looks a lot different to whatā€™s shown here now (I wonder why the ā€˜change of heartā€™)!!! Or is it just me that needs to go back to bed???

[I]"If you are the one among the numerous people burdened under huge debt of bills, you might surely be wondering about the possible options to get out of it. Fortunately there are numerous ways to get rid of the debts; bankruptcy and debt settlement are the most commonly used methods. Both of these methods offer disadvantages and advantages at their part. There are many big and small points and facts to consider while evaluating your pecuniary situation. Here is a detailed comparison between bankruptcy and debt settlement. [/I]
[I]Proceedings- [/I]
[I]Bankruptcy and debt settlements work in different manner. Under the bankruptcy you actually wipe out a few particular debts completely. Whereas under the debt settlement[/I]

[I]Debt settlement and bankruptcy function differently. With debt settlement, you negotiate with your creditors to allow you to repay less than what you owe. Typically debt settlement can only be useful if youā€™re significantly behind on your bills and you owe primarily unsecured debt, such as credit cards or medical bills. With bankruptcy, you can wipe out certain debts completely through Chapter 7 or repay what you owe over time through Chapter 13. Debt Settlement Process Debt settlement is a fairly straightforward process. To settle a debt, you can hire a debt settlement company or work with creditors directly. Typically, the process involves a period of negotiation in which you make an offer to your creditor for a percentage of what you owe. The creditor may accept or decline the offer. Once an offer is accepted, you may pay the creditor through a lump sum or in several large payments. Generally, you cannot begin to negotiate with your creditors until your account is at least 60 to 90 days past due. Bankruptcy Process Bankruptcy is a legal process that begins when you file a voluntary petition with your local bankruptcy court. Once you file for bankruptcy protection, your creditors must cease all collection actions against you. You are required to complete courses in financial management and credit counseling prior to receiving a discharge. The Chapter 7 bankruptcy process typically takes approximately six months to complete. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy will take three or five years to complete, depending on the amount of your debt and your income. Cost Debt settlement is designed to save you money by reducing what you owe. Depending on your creditors, you may be able to pay anywhere from 30 to 70 percent of your actual balance. If you choose to use a debt settlement company, you should be aware that these companies often charge an upfront fee as well as a monthly maintenance fee to negotiate for you. [/I]
[I] [/I]
[I] [/I]
[I]As of 2010, the filing fee for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy was $299. The fee for Chapter 13 was $274. If you choose to hire an attorney to file your petition, you can expect to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars in legal fees. Considerations Both debt settlement and bankruptcy are damaging to your credit, although the effects of bankruptcy tend to be more long-lasting. If you choose to use the services of a debt settlement company, you should be aware that there are a number of fraudulent companies in operation. Neither debt settlement nor bankruptcy can eliminate your liability for certain types of debts such as tax debts, student loans, child support or alimony.[/I]

[I]Hey friends, I am pretty new to the trading but I have given a try to etoro and I would like to say that it was good to use it. Though it is my first week here, but it was fine and I am making profits here, however they now are pretty small but I believe to get bigger ones in the near future. I have read plenty of bad reviews against etoro, but thankfully I decided to go with them and I am happy with my decision. This is entirely my personal opinion so donā€™t make your word out of it, go through the details of etoro and then decide whether you want to go with it or not after all it is your hard earned money."[/I]

Keep it ā€˜cleanā€™ for crying out aloud!!!

If youā€™re a decent broker the clients will come to you without your having to resort to tactics such as this!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Kmeic, Stopping short of saying you are wrong, Iā€™ll just say I disagree.
Making serious money is not depended on the broker you choose. You make serious money in trading by working hard to establish a methodology that is right for you.
Also, if many are saying it, then it might be true. My only experience with E-Toro was with their customer service department, and I did not like it. That still does not substantiate theyā€™re bad. I can say that in spite of how big FXCM is, many say they are a bad broker with poor execution on their platform. From personal experience Iā€™ll vouch for that.
Still, after 7 years of trading, I have not found a perfect broker. The broker I now have does have excellent execution on the trades. But, just because I have a broker with good execution, that did not put any money in my pocket. An excellent methodology, along with the expediting my orders within the context of my methodology has put a dollar or 2 in my pocket. (Iā€™m just waiting to see who will literalize thatā€“lol.

I donā€™t think etoro is a good broker, all their web site is confusing and all of their services are subrogated to other companies.

Etoro has one interesting option: free automated signals called OpenBook. Iā€™m testing it now with virtual money.

Never laughed so hard reading this thread its so opiniated and full of people from their own Forex companies trying to make money I wouldnt believe a single thing in this thread if I was someone looking for a Forex Broker.

I will give a constructive opinion on etoro.

Are they the best Forex broker aroundā€¦ In my opinion No.

Etoro have a very user friendly UI and people enjoy using them due to this especially beginners.

They have Openbook which allows you to watch other peoples trades and copy them if you wish.

There is one major problem with Openbook however it is very biased, having looked at it in detail on their forum it only shows a majority of winning trades which is very misleading.

You have to remember that FX trading is a zero sum game meaning that when one person wins another loses so this is definetly fixed to show better results than are actually occuring.

Etoro are big because of their playfulness and this is down to one thing, etoro use to be a gaming company that moved into Forex as a new revenue stream therefore their platform does look very good.

As a person who has been trading for many years now I wouldnt use them because they dont have the charting that other companies provide but I can see their appeal to new traders.

Overall I would say they are good at what they do but if you are looking to make really serious money then there are many brokers which are much better prepared to help you.

As a last comment I want to send this out to MR Dale Paterso, never have I seen such blatant un-equivocal advertising as you have posted on this forum. You are trying to tel me that you are broker support for Delta Stock whoever they are but you seem just like a PR baby or an Account manager that is looking for clients.

As you said in your previous reply " If youā€™re a decent broker the clients will come to you without your having to resort to tactics such as this!!!"

Well you are resorting to exactly those tacticsā€¦

1 Like

Open book shows every trade, it just doesnt tell you what % a losing trade was closed at. Where as it shows the % of a winning trade. I think etoro is good for social aspect of trading and good for beginners like me. I use etoro because it drew me in with its friendly nature. Shortly after though I am using MT4 to make all my decisions, not etoros charts, which are frankly rubbish. Im still executing my trades on etoro though. I might go to a full MT4 broker only at some point I think.

Etoro is a good one. Itā€™s office is in Cyprus and their ad looks professional too. They pay on time on top of that. They just donā€™t have phone support, only email and chat though.

All things are difficult before they are easy.

Yes. For newbies No. For experienced. Thereā€™s little that you could do here if you are experienced.

All things are difficult before they are easy.

Any regulated broker is good for swing and position traders. If you are a scalper or daytrader you must jump with an ecn or an stp. UNfortunately, ecnĀ“s are not affordable, the most accesible one is Dukascopy, the minimum is 1000 USD wire transfer only. Their units are based on millions, the smallest contract is 0.001 lot wich means 1000 USD units.

Regards.

ECN brokers are accessible to nearly every trader.
Dukascopyā€™s minimum deposit is 100 bucks, not 1,000.
There are various other ECN brokers, asking for minimum deposits between USD 100 and USD 5,000.

Cheers,
O.

Forgot about leverage? With just 100 usd trading 1000 usd units i think it is too much leverage, besides wire transfer for 100 usd is a waste.

Regards.

hehe true ā€¦ that would come down to about 30% transaction fee ā€¦ a bit stiff.
Still, 100 is possible.

O.

on google,type top 100 best forex brokers,if thats any help

or go to 100 Forex Brokers straight, and use their ā€˜Cyber Searchā€™.

O.

I donā€™t know why so many think they are a bad broker, they provide no rollover fees and low spreads and are suitable for small traders.

What other brokers have no swap or rollover feesā€¦?

By the way i have tried go markets, forex dot com and gi markets, all brokers have there ups and downs in postitives, what i like about Etoro for me is that is allows long trades with no rollover / swap feesā€¦