Is fxcm a scam

They are good, but I was trading for cents, it is good start for trading real money.

I have use fx cm . I think they offer some great service eg . Huge website dailyfx.com . Forum , buy and sell singal, education

But over all they got hugely annoying and I dump them

Alot of thing that annoyed me :

Application was long and took ages to get approved - ask over and over for copy of passport , bank statement - bank statement was 4 week 3 day old and got knock back .

Have to have large deposit to get access to web site
They keep ring me by phone over and over ( deposit more to unlock this )
When I tried to withdraw my money they ask 100 question - are you leavening us . Bla bla bla
Then they took 4 week and a number of phone call to get the money back

Then for month they rang if I was re depositing

Change to hotforex and been happy since

Note I am only small fish but if you a big fish they mite treat you better

Could a moderator possibly PM me regarding the removal of my post ?

I thought that the points I raised where perfectly fair.

1. it is a matter of public record that FXCM recieved record fines, and FULL details of the events leading to that decision are available on the appropriate regulators websites.

2. what exactly do babypips find offensive refarding my suggestion that the public should seek factually correct information from regulatory bodies who imposed the fine rather than believing a response written by the perpetrators of the crime ?

There are always two sides to a story, and its only fair that FXCM is given a platform to give their response. However, as the thread currently stands, we have a someone claiming that FXCMs representative is the definitive source of the truth on this matter.

I would suggest that anyone whose interested should read both sides of the story, and then take a decision. Your moderation policy removes that balance, its apperently OK to state that FXCMs representatives version of events is truthful, but against babypips policy to suggest that your members seek clarification from the official regulators

I appreciate FXCM are an advertiser, and as such, you have a duty of care to protect their commercial interests, but you also have a duty of care to your members. Deleting posts that point out the obvious conflict of interest from taking advice from the company employee, responsible for damage limitation, and advising members check out the facts via the official regulators does you no favors, and ultimately damages your integrity and reputation.

In order to provide some balance, at the very least, remove the post suggesting FXCMs representative should be consulted in order to establish the truth.

Feel free to delete this post and discuss by PM if you feel that’s appropriate.

i totally agree with you…

FXCM is a Legit for now!
I’m not try to defend FXCM but only telling the truth here.
Most newbies will lose money when they trade FX ( the stats say up to 90%)
either they trade with FXCM or other brokers!
No maturity or classy enough or not telling the truth!
I have been trading with FXCM close to 4 years, so satisfy with them!
Due to slow hours, the spread is little wider due to volume dropping!
withdrawal process takes about 3 business day!
application process is about 2-4 business day. (bank statements, I.D) to prove who you are and where you’re live.
regards,
NVGU

^
I agree with your post but everything can happen and maybe some thing bad have happened with some traders, almost they were trader’s fault but I still think Fxcm has some bad activities. Althought I am trading with HotForex but I still this is a good broker even it got fined by NSA.

There is one word: “When we are right, no one remember, when we are wrong, no one forget” :slight_smile:

This broker is a market maker, it offers quality service and this is the best online forex broker. I do not think this is a scam.

Hi Billyboy,

I’m sorry to hear you had difficulties with this withdrawal. It’s possible to make withdrawal requests anytime 24 hours a day via our MyFXCM.com website for clients. The login details for that site are the same as for your trading platform. Most withdrawal requests are processed automatically once submitted through MyFXCM.com. The time for you to receive your funds will vary based on the transfer method selected. This link has more details regarding withdrawal options and times.

Jason

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;513695”]

Hi Billyboy,

I’m sorry to hear you had difficulties with this withdrawal. It’s possible to make withdrawal requests anytime 24 hours a day via our MyFXCM.com website for clients. The login details for that site are the same as for your trading platform. Most withdrawal requests are processed automatically once submitted through MyFXCM.com. The time for you to receive your funds will vary based on the transfer method selected. This link has more details regarding withdrawal options and times.

Jason[/QUOTE]

I was quite happy with fxcm . I am no way saying they are scamming

Like I said they offer some some great service . I really like there dailyfx.com and trade idea , charting software

But just the business model suck .

• Too many automated email like the one above .
    And too much up selling , getting you to deposit more . Begging you not to close the account or withdraw

I understand they have a PR department to promote FxCm . And limit bad feed back ( like the comment above )

But even their biggest competitor like GFT , igmarket , axi trader , easy forex - don’t troll online forums ( or at least I haven’t seen them )

End of the day . Most trader want to do the following

1.Open account quickly
2.Deposit quickly
3.Open and close trade as the please with low fees/ brokerage
4.Not be pested by there broker 1
5.Make profit :slight_smile: and withdraw money quickly

I found that other then their great website they don’t offer any of the point above

Like I said I only trade small account and if you open with 100k maybe they would treat you differently

Best of luck

they are only market maker for CFDs, forex is no dealing desk…at least thats what they told me…

Hi billyboy,

I appreciate your feedback. FXCM is pro-active in responding to our traders whether they contact us directly or post questions on the forums. If a trader encounters problems making a withdrawal, then we want to make sure it is taken care of rather than having it disappear into the forum void and possibly impact other traders. In the end it will make for a better customer experience by listening to our traders and discussing what problems they run into rather than sitting back and always deciding to know what’s best. If you look across the forex industry landscape, you will see many brokers that have closed down over the past couple of years and many know who are struggling to remain in business because they don’t offer the products or services their traders want and fail to address issues. You can see over the years how our offerings have evolved such as our mobile platform, Marketscope charts, VPS offerings, new execution types, seminars, and more which is in part based on conversations and feedback taken directly from the forums. If I remember correctly, when I started working for FXCM in 2005 we had roughly 50,000 trading accounts and as of June we had 180,000 actively traded accounts. If we didn’t proactively seek to learn what our clients disliked about FXCM and search for solutions then how would we improve and get to where we are today? You may say it is all PR, but I don’t believe it’s good business practices to ignore your clients when they need help.

Jason

I completely agree with Jason. This is client support and not PR. I cannot imagine that one of the biggest brokers can afford to use bad practises to its clients. After all the FX business is so competitive.

Forex Capital Market(fxcm) is the world’s leading online capital market. They have very good reputation and they have been maintaining their good reputation for long time. If you lost your money then it could be your own fault. I am not involved with Forex Capital Market(fxcm) but as far i know that their rules and regulations are very strict and nobody usually blame them that they are scammer.