Is the next stock market crash imminent?

god speaks to me, but psshhtt dont tell anyone, its a super duper secret :smiley:

We only provided the platform. It was you who came up with the trading idea and executed it. :45:

Thanks guys!

I’ve been watching this with interest myself. I can’t trade CFDs, since I live in the US, but I’ve moved a portion of my stock porfolios into cash in anticipation of an opportunity to reenter at lower levels.

Well, you were always there for me…giving advice and encouragement when I was hit hard… This was over two years ago:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/60387-my-first-live-positions-ever-today-24th-dec-2013-fxcm-7.html

the devil told me up we go from here to heaven highs :smiley:

Is that the Doooooooooow?

:slight_smile:

noo its the DAX. dow dax cac ftse s&p … make no difference. they all move as one.

in dax i see higher potential for gain and found a better entree with less risk then in DOW.

You’ve come a long way. :cool:

I forgot I sent you that poem! Who knew almost a year to the day I would be turning to it myself? :33:

up we go

if one index goes up the other follows

Well, well, I stayed in this trade and today it has

reached +620 P/L, so I am going to stay in it as

it is gathering momentum to break the 2000 area…

Have you gone short again on the S&P500?

well done Francis!!

yes i reentered on a point where it was even more favourable then where i closed the first trade. but ever since beginning of may im not on top of things. i got stopped out 2 days later on 12th with minimum profit and didnt find any good place to enter again.

on 16th i entered again amd got stopped out by 5 pips the next day and after that switched to gold. bad luck haunting me lately hehe

i doubt its going to be 2000+. never seen a big move or crash in may. my guess is a u-turn between 17.000 and 17250. but only a guess so well see what happens

now ive thrown all stop losses aboard as truly lately they only annoy and brake me in any decebt trading.

Haha yes , stop losses are tricky things :wink:

I meant breaking below the 20000 level, rather than 2000…

Some people quote the S&P500 prices in four digits

rather than five, so I use that more often.

Are you busy at work just now?

nah no theyre not tricky, just annoying. been contemplating quite some time to throw them out completely, this week only confirmed my thought process. going to modify my way of trading in that way that stop losses are unnecesarry.

no not bussy at work, bussy with the market that annoey the cr@p out of me this week :smiley:
and im anxious. second kid going to come this or next week, so bit bussy with preparations for that aswell :smiley:

Ahhhh you too!! Congratulations!!! Of course,

it is part of it, being anxious!!!

yap me too again. number 2 of 3 lol. one more then im done

This video was.made for you, then!

Watch it between 19’10" and 20’10", and

between 26’45" and 30’45":

:slight_smile:

I think the Dow is still in a bear market pending a new all time high at this point. This sideways range over the last year could continue for another year. Rather than shorting I would just wait for a dramatic bottom or a break out to new uncharted territory to get long some good picks or index futures/etfs.

Fx is super calm right now in terms of long term trends. CHF has been in decline since the March/April double top as the SNB continues to ask the markets to sell it. This is the main fx position I am holding at the moment with no major trends to speak of since last year. That said, despite the recent bounce, the short GBP trade is still valid for my longest term system.

My guess for equities is sideways to slightly down until the next crash to wash out the crap and then the buying can really begin again.

-Adrian

Great post, Adrian! The main trend is in GBP/NZD, started in May 2015, recoiled in Sep.2015-April 2016, and

kickstarted again: a long-term monster uptrend… Crosses are the way to go… Majors are stagnant: too much

central bank rhetoric, too many negative rates and too much ‘rate speculation’.

Interesting that you are still short GBP… There are two views on this: a two-decaded H&S pattern leading

to 1.00 and beyond, or a two-decade bottom leading to a 2008-style uptrend… Each view is well

constructed on a fundamental/macroeconomic foundation, so nobody can be called a fool for backing

one camp or the other… I am in the bull camp… but nobody is right until price says so :slight_smile:

Well I am long GBP/CHF and GBP/JPY in my 4 week system but short GBP/NZD, GBP/AUD, and GBP/PLN in my twenty week system. I am not trading GBP/USD or EUR/GBP because the rollover costs are negative for me in both directions as a USD based trader and that gets expensive when you hold an fx position for months at a time in longer systems. So I am neither a bull nor a bear, I am just a dude running systems.

-Adrian

I love your answer :slight_smile: