John Bolinger's own System using Bolinger Bands, Candles and MACD

would that be fast ema 100 and slow ema 21 and trigger 9

and put download a chart please.

Yes that is correct… A chart eh?

OK then here you are :… A 5 minute chart. EUR/USD :smiley:

A 5 minute chart will not bring you many pips but it is fast. You get the idea.
A trailing stop is needed when the price action hits the middle band.

So then would this 1 hr chart be saying go short?

Yep, thats correct.

However, a second ordinary MACD could also tell you if you are “over the hill”, ie the upper band price that you have listed could go higher still. (it is a very long candle). So an [U]ordinary [/U]MACD could be used just to make sure you have reached approximately the highest point.

You could enter then. It is not necessary to hit the top but, obviously, the higher outside the BB you get, the more profit to you.

The danger is jumping in [U]too early[/U], without the use of an ordinary MACD. The price may walk the upper band leaving your entry way behind and then hitting your stop loss. So when the ordinary MACD has peaked you know that the walking has finished and you can enter safely.

Now at the middle band you set a trailing order to get as far past the middle band as you can.

My own charting program does trailing stops only on [U]stop [/U]orders ie it does not work. So when it hits the middle band, I have to play it by ear.

Depending on how popular this thread becomes, I will post some charts.

Your 1 hour period is very long. It is going to take a long time for your profit to eventually appear. I would have thought 1\2 hour to be a maximum.

Can anyone tell me if the arrows from this indicator I made are correct?
Thank you.
Optimu

Sorry, cannot open your file. Please use the standard method of putting attachments on your posts ie save to my pictures, Manage attachments, etc.

Hi.
The file I sent is not a picture. It is an zip file that contains an ex4 file which is an indicator for Metatrader 4. If you have Metatrader 4 you should save this file in your /experts/indicators folder and then restart your platform. You will then be able to see the indicator in your metatrader 4 platform under custom indicators. Attach that indicator to a chart and some arrows will appear. I was just wondering if those arrows are correct.
Best regards,
Optimu

Sorry I do not use Metatrader 4. I am using the GFT charting platform.

I may be wrong, but it sounds as if you are using another indicator altogether.

If so you may have posted on the wrong thread. It may be better for you to post your question to someone who uses MT4.

I can only answer questions here which directly relate to the system I have posted.

Sorry.
I didn’t know you are not using MT4. I have posted in the wright topic. The file I sent is an indicator made by me that draws arrows based on your method. I was just curious if it was drawing the arrows correctly, but since you don’t use metatrader then you can not tell. Anyway, just forget I have posted here.
Best regards,
Optimu

Hey nice system tymen,
I was wondering is this what you use for your scalping?

To jlmac27 :

No this is not what I use for scalping. I use a method that I consider to be vastly superior…it uses the actual candle patterns.

I have posted this system out of interest. But I consider it lacking because the trades are few and far between. To get sufficient pips, you need a time frame above 15 minutes and then it can take ages to get your pips.

As a result, I have basically abandoned this thread.

I have a lot to do in December, but in the New Year I hope to start new postings dealing exclusively with candlesticks in detail. I have already prepared many charts specifically for this purpose.

Hey tymen1 on the MACD SMA i erase the 14 and leave it blank and click ok and then when i check it again it stays at 14. You mentioned deleting it but i will not go away. I wonder if that makes a difference? So the best time frame is 1 hour or less right? Do alot of opportunities come up with this or it just depends? thanks

whether you can delete the trigger on not really makes no difference - you can just ignore it.

I do not know when you posted but my post above really answers your question.

tymen
I thought you posted a system on scalping somewhere in babypips,but I guess I was mistaken.O’well,look forward to your next thread.goodtrading!