Knowledge 2 Action SCAM!

Hi All,

First Post here… I went to the “Free” seminar from K2A about a year ago but never decided to sign up due to the ridiculuous pricing for the 2day course, plus all the negative reviews I read during my research.

Anyways, I’ve always wanted to start trading FOREX so I’m going to start the School of Pipsology.

Can anyone recommend any books that would be useful for FOREX trading?

Kind Regards,

GC

Amazon.com: The FX Bootcamp Guide to Strategic and Tactical Forex Trading (Wiley Trading) (9780470187708): Wayne McDonell: Books

I’d also highly recommend:

High Probability Trading Strategies - Robert C Miner / Wiley Press
Reading Price Charts Bar by Bar - Al Brooks / Wiley Press (a hard read but excellent)
Trading In The Zone - Mark Douglas

If you’re not going to take formal training, make sure you trade with absolute discipline on a demo account first, follow your trading plan to the letter and use strict risk management. Don’t go onto a live account until you can trade your plan consistently, handle losses without emotion and take every trade that fits your plan regardless of previous outcomes. And when you do go onto a live account, trade micro lots until you’ve tested your strategy thoroughly in the real world.

As to the question about whether K2A is a scam, no they’re not. I’ve taken all their courses (it’s how I got started) and it’s as good a starting point as any. I would strongly recommend newbies get some formal education (K2A or elsewhere) because although there’s abundant information available on the Internet, with no reference point it’s going to be difficult to know what’s relevant, what’s important and what’s just noise. If you take a course, you can also ask questions as you go along, network with your peers, build some contacts among the coaches and build up a support network to trade with in the future.

I’d be very wary of starting from scratch just on what you can pick up on the Internet - there’s a hell of lot of rubbish out there, some of which is designed to fleece you, some of which is well meaning but naive or wrong. There are of course some gems amongst the c**p, but how are you going to tell the difference when starting from scratch?

Hi,

Have you considered trading binary options instead? I wanted to learn about forex so bad until I was introduced to binary options trading, its the easiest way to make money from the financial market.

And yet, you are on a forex forum??

[QUOTE=“sambis;450988”]Hi,

Have you considered trading binary options instead? I wanted to learn about forex so bad until I was introduced to binary options trading, its the easiest way to make money from the financial market.[/QUOTE]

Hi sambis,

No I haven’t tried trading binary options.

How long have you been trading these?

Also, What sort of return are you getting?

Regards,

GC

Knowledge 2 action or Learn to Trade is an out and out scam! I attended their 2 day workshop and paid about 2 grand. I have learn’t much more by reading the Babypips school.
Also, all they seemed to do was try to get me to join their ‘unlimited wealth’ program. For the cost of 20 grand! There was also some other scheme they offered. This cost about 10k where they apparently ‘monitor’ your trading so you ‘cannot make a mistake’. A couple of my friends took this option and lost on ALL their trades and NONE of them were monitored. It was a case of take the money and forget about them.
Stay away from these con artists!!

I heard their unlimited wealth and other programmes are quite successful you need to remember they get a percentage of the profits so its in their best interest to help you become profitable.

Very good advice Richard! Will seek your guidance!

Please steer clear of this company i’m currently speaking to a legal team, as they blatantly miss sold me a program, and now think the 72K they have for 36 months of 20 minute training once every 2 weeks, is acceptable ! they are complete scammers !