Lacking Direction After Graduating School of Pipsology

Of course it’s true… ICT made a very public thread on here and linked his myfxbook so he could show everyone his awesome performance using all the tools he was teaching here for the last couple of years… He blew up his account in a few weeks and left babypips claiming he meant to do that lol… The guy everyone had been “learning” from couldn’t even trade for himself.

Is a method not a system and he give useful entry and exit guideline, but you need to read and understand, he clearly said his ways of enter and exit a trade using resistance and support, retracement level, trade following the trend and using price action as a confirmation. what is more easy than that??? Sure isn’t useful to you if you dont have the experience to use those tool. trading isn’t a exact science and you never going to see the exact support and resistance level that any other trader for example. So dont expect and exact guide on how to enter or exit a trade

That’s the misconception that MG with his big mouth liked to blow out of proportion, its all ego to him, but for ICT’s style you should look @ the system itself, not just the person trading it or teaching it. He is not an indication he’s simply a user of it he’s not running around saying this is THE system out there where you’ll never lose you’ll only make hundreds of thousands of pips. If it doesn’t work for you so be it, I never found the use for moving averages yet people use it and “make money”.

All I’ve ever seen Mastergunner say regarding his entry’s and exits is "I use price action"or “look and support and resistance”… Both are generic and generally useless statements… So again… All a newbie will find in his thread is “open a ton of small positions and hold them until something happens”.

Also, again, ICT couldn’t even trade what he was teaching so probably not a good idea to steer newbies there either.

Again they are useless if you dont know how to use it, if you cant read price action or how to spot support and resistance maybe you need to go and review the School of Pipsology because thats the elementary grade 1 and grade 2. any newbie who at least read the first chapter of the School of Pipsology here on babypips should know it

Not really, because the statements “I use price action” is like saying “I use indicators” because it gives no information about where and when you use them. I could be more general and say “I use the buy button and the sell button” it actually supplies the reader with no useful information at all. Saying “I trade price action” is much the same thing and is one of my pet hates.

If you see a pair in the daily chart and you spot a mayor resistance, the price is really close you wait until the candle close and see what kind of candle is (is a bearish or is a bullish candle) if the price bounce you wait for a second candle to close that confirm that the price is indeed going bearish. if you spot the trend its going up, down, sideways? let said its going sideways. If the trend is sideway, you have your resistance and support (easy to spot on a sideway market) the price bounce your resistance and two candle are closing bearish that confirm the bounce why you dont enter a short trade???

You didnt use any indication other than price action, you can use maybe de MACD and wait for a cross 3 to 9 candle late. Price action its a form of analysing the market, the indicator are base on this price action therefore all indicator are lagging indicator.

AND again go to School of Pipsology and reread the first chapter then you are going to undertand what is price action and what information they give and realize that is quite easy.

Huh…?

LOL! i don’t know about you but i got this image of a chinese guy in a thick chinese accent talking like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha… yeh I was picturing a big bald russian mafia guy in a leather jacket and thick Russian accent…

you mean like Carlo Rota’s mafia character in the first Boondock Saints movie? granted i think he was supposed to be italian, but mafia is mafia.

You may use simple support and resistance for a simple swing trading. So when the price breaks the support or resistance, you wait until the price retraces to that level (previous lowest low or previous highest high) and enter your trade. For example, if you’re looking for a Long setup, upon a breakout, you wait until the price retraces to the last highest high (at the resistance level) and enter your Long order at that level.

If your job doesn’t hold you back from checking the charts often, you can stick to H1 or H4 time-frame. However, if you don’t have the luxury to keep checking the charts from time to time, you can choose to trade under Daily chart. In trading under the Daily chart, you only need to check the market when it opens and if you have a little bit more time you can check the market again before it closes to adjust your open positions if there’s any.