Living as a FOREX trader... Is it real?

Well, firstly there’s no way of verifying this figure at all - it’s just a widespread belief.

Secondly, there’s a world of difference between being “in profit” and actually “making a living” (personally, I strongly suspect that the proportion making a living is very tiny, compared with your suggested figure of 5%, and that there’s much too large and much too fast a [I]turnover[/I] of people losing money and giving up for any statistics along these lines to be reliable).

And thirdly, I’m sure the reality-level of their aspiration depends mostly - [I]just as is true for aspiring traders[/I] - on the degree to which they have relevant [B][U]skills[/U][/B].

And welcome to the forum (as a “posting member”, anyway, even if you’ve been a silent one since 2012!).

Its a long way and not a easy to archive. I am too at the beginning and dreaming of a living from forex would affect me too much in my learning in my learning phase. Keep focused, step by step, do not look back, learn, look ahead … 1, 2 10 years, no matter how much it will take . But do not concern yourself now with this question, is too early (i dont know if you are just at beginning or already profitable) .

Dont let you discourage from statistic like 95/5% . If you belive in this and you have the passion then go for it.

If you can dream it, you can do it.
[I]Walt Disney[/I]

It [B]can[/B] be real. I am sure that it is real for some people at least. But they are a tiny amount of traders compared to everyone else, the majority of which lose money, and a much smaller percentage that maybe doesn’t lose money and even profits, but doesn’t profit enough to live off that income.