London Breakout 1

[B]TalonD[/B]

Thanks for clearing that one up. :p:p:p

I agree back test looks great butā€¦
didnļæ½t work out so well today - thereļæ½s always tomorrow$$$:D

you draw the trendlines from the first swing high and swing low within the 5 candle range to the most recent swings on the previous day ā€¦ no need to wait for the full 5 candles to close.

Thanks. Perfect Idea

My chart for the dayā€¦ got 30 pipsā€¦:slight_smile:

Im taking highest high and lowest low of the previous dayā€¦ will this affect the overall trade ??

No chart yet ?

Iā€™m getting stiff waiting in this muddy ditch.

:wink:

matlobien

Hereā€™s my GBP chart for this morning, donā€™t know if Iā€™ve got it 100% rightā€¦but I think Iā€™ve got the general concept. looks like it could be a profitable method $$$

Now Iļæ½ve got to figure out how to attach the pic file?

1 Like

[B]d-pip[/B]

Nice chart. I also have no idea how to get a screen shot from the monitor to here. I can upload a picture but screen shot :confused:

Iā€™ll get one of my sons to show me. :smiley:

RC

You need to use a image hosting website. I use imageshack but there are plenty of others. Iā€™d post a link but I donā€™t think Iā€™m allowed so youā€™ll have to google imageshack :o

On imageshack, browse to find the pic you want to upload and select ā€œstart upload!ā€

Once its uploaded, select ā€œdirect link to imageā€ which should take you to your uploaded pic. Copy the website address containing your pic (right click your mouse and select copy.

Then on the post reply screen, select the icon that looks like a postcard which will prompt you to enter the website address of your pic. Just paste the entire address in that prompt (right click mouse and select paste) and voilaā€¦ :slight_smile:

ā€¦hopefully :smiley:

Looks like an interesting method, thanks for posting, and good to trade off PA alone. Just wondering are news releases taken into consideration with this strategy when trading cable as most uk news releases take place around 9 - 9.30 am london time which tends to trigger some big moves or is it these news releases that make this strategy so succesful

Iļæ½m just going to try trading the trend lines and forget about the newsā€¦ for now anyway!! :eek:

[B]Red Ear[/B]

I think I get that. :stuck_out_tongue:

But my platform is not a website, its an on computer software program with a data feed.

The only way I have so far figured is to copy a screen shot into word and then post. Iā€™m confident theres a better way but Iā€™m old school and still regard computers as ā€˜Type writersā€™ with bells and whistles. :slight_smile:

I also have a cell phone but donā€™t text? My reasoning is I donā€™t switch on the TV to listen to the radio. :D:D

RC

Us mere mortals have software programs with a data feed but they have an option to save a chart as a picture! :smiley:

Hopefully your pro set up should have something similar. eg MT4 has the option to save a chart as a picture under the file menu option.

Just save our chart to a memorable location and upload the pic to the imageshack website similar to the way you would attach something to an email by using the browse option.

On second thoughts maybe you should get one of your sons to demonstrate! If youā€™re as much of a luddite as you say, I imagine itā€™ll be like when I showed my folks how to use computers and the internet :confused: :confused: :smiley:

R.C. in this image, are these the right hours and are the lines drawn from the right candle wicks? I want to make sure Iā€™m doing it right too.

[B]TalonD[/B]

The set up is based on drawing in trend lines from the most recent low/ high from the previous day, so looks about right to me. But I notice that by the time PA had stepped outside the trend lines we had lost getting on for half the total pips. The system seems to be working and sticking to the rules you would still have gained a solid 80ā€™ish pips. So must not complain. :slight_smile:

But in todays case PA stepped outside the 1h upper boll and did a classic double wick and change of colour candle for a reversal. If you had followed that you would have taken almost all of that retraceā€¦ upper boll to lower boll! But this is outside of the breakout strat here.

I just wanted to make sure I had the correct hour candles. those time zones will always confuse me. And wanted to make sure I was picking the highs and lows correctly, this chart was pretty close to mine.

most of that big down candle only took about 15 minutes, youā€™d have to be quick to catch it. I was asleep. when I got up at 6edt it was half way down and I got about 50pips just following the MAs.

[B]TalonD[/B]

Yep I missed it too! Still tomorrow is looking promising? PA is already between a 2:10 & 2:20 boll on the 1h as I write this. :slight_smile:

Youā€™ll have to explain 2:10 ? 2:20 ? 2 std deviation and 10 period?

I may have to read your answer tomorrow though, going to call it a night. Got a sell going on with a trailing stop, going to leave it. not risking much on it though.

I think one way to play this strategy is to pay more attention to the ļæ½trend line breakļæ½ concept than the actual hours or candles. In other words, who knows if or when the break will come, so if your schedule permits, keep up dating the trend lines and be ready. Looks like Tuesday morning fayizal picked up some nice pips with an early EU break. If the strat works out today Iļæ½ll try to post the GBP chart.

Looks like no real trade todayā€¦ Lookout for EUR GDP news releaseā€¦:slight_smile: