Looking for a broker

for what you want you are asking for trouble.

1. micro lots-banks cant process micros so you are going to get a dealer whether u like it or not
  2. less that 2 wide eur-u may be able to find this but i would doubt u would get great fills.
  3. non NFA-dont mean to be rude, but thats not a smart idea. non nfa gives you no protection on bad trades or a bankrupt company

you may want to adjust your criteria to get a better broker in the long run.

Hey, The broker that i am using is MIG, they are Swiss have very low spreads and use MT4. ACM are another Great Swiss broker and they also have low spreads & use MT4. both support mini and micro accounts:D
And both are regulated.

Best of luck

I recently read an article explaining Forex regulation. It shows it’s not a big advantage if a broker is Swiss regulated. Who’s interested can check the full article in theforexvillage.com. A part of it I am putting here, but it’s worthy reading all of it.

"Forex Regulation in Switzerland

Put bluntly, Swiss regulation of forex brokers and the protection of retail forex traders in Switzerland is largely non-existent. Yes, Switzerland is one of the world’s largest banking centres in the world, and there are many Swiss based forex brokers, but it is this fact that, ironically, has led many retail forex traders to believe that, by opening an account with a Swiss forex broker, that their broker will be subject to a higher level of regulation than had they opened an account with a US based forex broker.

Currently, Swiss forex brokers have the option to operate under the regulatory regime of the government banking regulator, the Swiss Federal Banking Commission (SFBC), or to adhere to the regime of one of a number of private regulatory bodies. There are a number of these self regulatory organisations in Switzerland (such as Organisme d’autoregulation fonde par le GSCGI, Polyreg and Association Romande des intermediares financiers). However, these private bodies provide very little in the way of forex regulation for the retail forex trader. Their only duty is to ensure that the appropriate anti money laundering regulations are enforced, and their regulations are not designed with investor protection in mind.

The Swiss Federal Banking Commission has recently announced that it will intervene, and bring all retail forex brokers within the banking law, which imposes a similar framework of regulation for retail forex brokers as currently operated by the National Futures Authority in the US. However, until these new regulations are in place, many Swiss forex brokers will remain largely unregulated, and retail forex traders remain unprotected."

I appriciate your comments, however, You misunderstood what I was saying. I never said that Swiss regulation was a huge advantage. I was mearely pointing out where they were based, and furthermore, the tax implications, because they are Swiss, profits are free from capital gains!
I hope this clears it up for you.
And thanks for the link.

Happy Trading:cool:

Aha, sorry then for the misunderstanding. That sounds different. Happy Trading to you, too :slight_smile:

Hi,

I believe IamFX.com would fit all of your parameters.

Low spreads, fast executions and you even get a FREE VPS when you fund a standard account.

EUR/USD would be 1 pips at times or less.

IamFX.com

I think FXDD meet all the criteria you are looking for.

They have MT4, offer micro lot, charge only 2 pips spread for eur/usd pair, allow hedging, located in the US, but not NFA member yet, their NFA application is still pending, so you still can hedge with fxdd. When they became a member, that may change or they may be able to work something out. No one know, but for now, yes you can hedge at fxdd.

I personally have live trading account with fxdd over 5 years now and very happy with their service.

fxopen the broker I started trading with lately is as well, ECN broker offers Meta4 platform and micro lots, you can do scalping, you get nice bonuses and service, basically good conditions.

Sounds good. What are their deposit minimums?

Mig’s minimum deposit is $5000 which includes mini lots and the minimum deposit for an ACM mini account is $2000.
Check out their websites, i can’t post links, got an infraction for it before:(
I’m still checking for better brokers though

And what about the minimum deposit requirements for micro (0.01) accounts?

I don’t think they do micro accounts

Did not you post this earlier?

My mistake, I think mini accounts are the smallest they do:o

As an old boy in this FX lark I recommend you take headline spreads with a pinch of salt… I’ve noticed companies will offer a 1 pip spread but when it comes to execution you will be penalised. Consider companies that are regulated and offer fixed spreads, then you know what your getting… most of the time.
If a company is quoting you a spread below the underlying market spread then ask yourself how they will make money from you!

When you say a Swiss broker is ‘regulated’ be wary. They may well be regulated and im sure they offer a great service. However, after reviewing what companies have to adhere to with regards to Swiss regulation I would vehemently stick to UK FSA or NFA US brokers. This will offer you a much higher degree of protection as a client and ultimately elimanates most counterparty risk with regards to companies becoming insolvent I.E Sergragated client accounts requirment, GBP 50,000 insurance with FSA. Also be wary about companies based out of Cyprus, Cayman Islands and other offshore locales. Whilst im sure many of the brokers based out of these locations are legitamate and fair to there customers, nearly all so called ‘bucket shops’ will be domiciled in such places.

Regulation will not save your funds should something happen to a broker - Refco, which was US-regulated, is a perfect example thereof. For what matters, it is not at all easy to find a decent broker with small spreads which would offer micro lots and allow hedging - other than Alpari, all others (LiteForex, FXDD, Broco etc - you name it) are nothing but crappy “bucket shops”.

True, regulation doesn’t always guarantee safety of funds. However with FSA brokers the first GBP 50,000 of your funds are guaranteed by the UK government. In addition companies are required to have capital adequecy of something like 200% of funds on their books as well as the requirement to have segragated client accounts. Therefore if your broker holds your funds with a major bank and they go insolvent then your funds are still safe. In the apocalyptically (if thats a word?) bad luck event of your broker and bank becoming insolvent (if that happens nothing the monetary system would cease to exist) then GBP 50,00o is supposedly guaranteed anyway.
Of course, contrary to over zelous bucket shop salesmans claims, you are likely to loose money from trading the wrong way, not much can be done about that!

I agree. The question is: do you know any FSA-regulated brokers other than Alpari that meet my needs listed in my first post in this thread?

Unless its FSA which offers better protection than NFA