Looking for a forex trading buddy

Hi Jedi

I’m sorry for stopping to post on this thread. The rule on babypips forum makes it hard for me to contact you or other members who want to form our little group. I think for the time being, I’ll just post my chart and analysis on this thread until I have enough post. I still need another 10 post in order to contact you directly.

Hi Mykoh

How are you? Hopefully you’re doing good. How was your trading result for the past two months? I like the time zone you are in. When London opens it’s still afternoon in Singapore. Not too early not too late.

Hi, Are there any spaces left for another trading buddy? I’m also looking for one. I think I meet all of your requirements. I have been trading PA for >3 years and keep the records of every setups I took. I did some adjustments throughout the years but I wouldn’t say I have changed much of the main system. I trade forex on CME in Tokyo session, 8.45am - 3.15pm(+9), mostly. And I’m based in Thailand. Hopefully we can work together.

Hi Montey

Thank you for your reply. It’s nice to be able to know someone who is also serious about forex trading. What timeframe do you usually focus on? Do you trade trade retracement, breakout, or reversal trading?

Hi!

I mostly enter a trade based on 5m movements, but always monitor all the main timeframes up to 4Hr tf. I don’t restrict myself to any type of setup in particular, but i’m more confidence trading breakouts especially at the start of the session each day. I also look for retracement and reversal when immediate direction is working or failing.

This might hint that I don’t really have a concrete system and i wouldn’t argue. However, I have a clear explanation(at least to myself) to each of the setups I take bases on prices. :slight_smile:

What about yours? I’d love to hear how you trade.

Hi guys

I am also looking for trading buddies to help share ideas with. I trade full time from a trading room in Hertfordshire, are any of you local?

What sort of markets do you trade? What timeframes?

Mark

Hi Montey

Thank you for your honest reply. Don’t worry, I’m not here to judge other traders. What I want is to work together and help each other to become a better trader.
The one that I really focus on is reversal trading. The time frames that I look at are 4hr, 6hr, 8hr, 12hr, and daily chart. I’ve been learning and using this method for 2.5 years now since 2014.

Hi SpreadBetHub

Thank you for your reply. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I only trade forex market and the time frames that I look at are 4hr, 6hr, 8hr, 12hr, and daily chart.
When you said that you traded full time, were you referring to scalping?

Hi Ryukenden

That’s a lot of time frames to look at, over how many markets?

When I say full time I mean that I don’t another job, I work in a spread bet trading room playing with my own money on a full time basis.

I do a bit of scalping, reaction to news or short term moves, but generally I have a few setups which I like to trade over 10-15 markets hourly, sometimes daily.

How long have you been trading for?

Mark

Hi Mark

I only trade forex market and look at 12 currency pairs. It sounds a lot of work but actually it’s not. I only trade on Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursday. On those days I only need to look at my charts 3 times a day. Sometimes I only need to look at it twice.
I’ve been learning and trading forex for 5 years now. Well hopefully I can be like yourself within 3-4 years. :slight_smile:
How about yourself, Mark? You sound like you also trade other markets beside forex.

Ronny

Hi Ronny

I mainly trade forex to be honest, 14 markets, 11 of which are currency pairs and the other 3 are bund, gold and oil.

I’m sure that being on this site and learning from other professional traders will really help you.

Since I have been in this trading room I have learnt so much from these professionals, I no longer do any of the trades I used to do, I am much more selective and I always wait for confirmation before diving in.

Good luck

Mark

Hi Montey and Mark

I think for the time being we’ll just keep in touch via this thread. I didn’t know that asking someone to join a group or trying to send contact details to a member is against the forum rules (I’m sorry BabyPips admin). So I have to be careful not to repeat the same mistake otherwise I’ll get banned from this good website forever.

Hi Ryukenden

I just checked the solicitations rule. It’s quite clear that organizing this kind of group isn’t allowed.

We might need to look somewhere else. The other site provides a specific area for “trader” to “hook up”, have you tried it there?(I don’t know if there is a rule prohibiting suggestion of another site.)

Hi Montey

I’ve tried other websites and even go to many events in Sydney to try to find trading buddies. It’s easy to find traders who just want to have random chat about forex or traders that just want to learn something from you and after that never want to keep in touch again. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that I hate newbies. Everyone needs to start from scratch including myself. However there will be a time when we also want to hang out with traders who have similar or may be more experience than us.
So when I put my 2 requirements (i.e trading journal and not changing trading system) then it becomes hard to find serious traders like yourself and Mark.

Hi Montey

I think we are not allowed to put another site name on this forum. Someone tried it before and his post got deleted. So I guess it against the forum policy.

By the way Montey, how is your trading result so far for this month? I haven’t got many setups for this month since a lot of currency pairs move sideways and/or move fast without any good retracement.

Thanks Ryukenden.

It has been one of not-so-good month so far. I made losses in the 2nd week , recovered it back on the third. slightly positive so far.