Looking for EA robot for psar and adx system

That is what is happening (rises above or falls below ADX in same bar). You may be entirely correct in your interpretation.
Maybe Fxsterling will see this and chime in.

Thanks again.

I’ll go with it as is for now. It seems to make sense since as long as the line starts off below ADX, we don’t mind if it leaps above as we climb on board, it just means we’re catching a stronger trend :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted with the progress of the EA. The plan is to start with a working EA to back/forward test on demo. If this is profitable I will make it safe - eg full error handling and money management / account drawdown rules. Only then would I use it live.

I got this system from a course , I didn’t invent it. So any adaptations you feel are profitable are welcome. If we’re only scalping pretty much one or two candles fine. What I find in the long term is if the adx line is below the 20 it’s usually a ranging market. I use this as a filter on another long term method I have with use of RSI. I’m still testing it. And if that proves profitable I will share that system later also. The course cost me $1500 but I’m not going to mention it by name. Has about 10 systems ( some quite complicated) and this is an easy one. Ron

Hi guys

I’ve got the first EA running but the back tests aren’t great. It goes through patches of profit but seems to end up in loss after a longer time. Its not a money management issue as its trading tiny lots in a big demo account. I’ve tried lots of SL TP combos on different timeframes but can’t seem to pull a consistent profit. I wonder whether Rons success is more down to watching price action once in the trade and reacting to this ?

I’m pretty sure its pulling out the correct trades, its a bit laborious but I think I’ll have to run a backtest and comb through the trades to check that they were all correct.

So far I’ve only tested it on cable - maybe other pairs work better. Would anyone like me to run a test on a specific pair/timeframe/SL/TP etc and I can post the trades/results so you can go through them and check they are correct?

Andy,
I don’t have anything in mind, but if you want someone to go through and verify some trades, I should have time tomorrow.

OK BillB

Thanks for the offer. I’ve attached a zipped .htm file that you should be able to view with internet explorer. It shows the results for last month on EUR/USD with settings of TP 25, initial SL 50, and move SL to BE after 15 pips. All the trades are listed and really I need to find out if they match up with signals that a human would take so it means putting ADX and PSAR on your chart and going through it by hand.

The chart was EUR/USD 1 hour, and the broker was NorthFinance (you get unlimited time on their free demo). Their server time is GMT +2

Hope this works, let me know…

Andy

I’ll work on it today and let you know how it turns out.

great. thanks

The logic looks good. It seems to open and close orders when it is supposed to. Yes, they are orders that a human being would take.

I found only one thing I question:

When it is in a trade, it holds it until either the TP or SL is hit.
It will even hold it if a trade is opened in the opposite direction.

For instance, It opens a long.

A few bars later the trade is still active and a signal appears to go short.

It opens the short position and holds on to the long position.

That may be what you intended.

Other than this, it looks good.

Hi BillB - great job, thanks

Yes. The logic I put in was to only have one position of each type open at a time to avoid over-exposure. However, with hindsight I wonder whether the logic should be either
1) Ignore signals in the opposite direction if already in a trade
and/or 2) Take additional signals if in the same direction
or 3) Close the open trade if am opposite signal occurs and open
opposing trade
or maybe 4) Ignore ALL further signals unless the current trade is at BE in
which case take any/all further signals.

What are your thoughts. I could try these variations and see if they make a difference to the profit on backtests. Did you see any pattern that was causing us to lose over all ?

Andy,

I think backtests would be valuable for the options you listed.
My instinct tells me that an open trade should be closed out if an opposite trade appears. I have been wrong before and I may be this time. The proof is in the backtest.

The main thing I noticed was that 15 pips profit, before setting it to BE, is too much for this pair.

It might be appropriate for more active pairs, but this one just doesn’t move that much.

The profit target may also be too much. I think those are the main things I would tweak.

Bill

BillB

Some good ideas there - I’ll recode it various ways and run the backtests again, then post the results. Been a bit tied up today so I’ll get on with it tomorrow.

Andy

Hmmm

Still having problems making it profitable. I can get it to win a little with smaller TP but I’m worried we’re curve fitting. I’ve tried only allowing one trade at a time which sometimes helps depending on the TP limit.

Suggestions anyone ?!

i just bought this system of trading it’s pretty good. i wish i’ve read your post before paying for it.