Looking for Teacher for FX, Willing to Pay!

try to find in Your real life someone who have experience (work for/or have seat) on centralized exchange (stock/ futures)
FX is really very similar.

I have not found anyone as of yet but I have been reading the books. Still looking for a trading partner or teacher :slight_smile:

I have also been watching the business news a lot and learning from that also

If you really want a good teacher or mentor theres really 2 avenues. 1 shadow a profitable full time trader, or 2 join a prop shop. If you are looking for a trading partner so you should find someone who is more experienced than you, and importantly profitable.

Meathead, we have online team meetings on Fridays and/or Saturdays. Trust me, come thru its free 301 Moved Permanently

I would be very careful when you ask people to teach you for money. I think you should not pay anyone and learn it yourself. There are plenty of good free resources online which you can use to get a basic understanding and your money is better spend in a micro-account as you learn yourself (and probably lose), but the lessons you will learn by making your own mistakes is far greater than what you would learn if you pay someone to teach you what you can learn yourself.

I think that having a live mentor is the fastest track there is. This is why prop shops team you up with a veteran trader for the first 6 months to a year. He shows you his style, he keeps your risk in check and helps answer any questions along the way. However with the internet its much more difficult to find someone who has actual experience and there are a lot of shady educators out there. But i would highly recommend good quality education/ mentorship but the difficulty is in finding it.

The same caution should be used for free resources. There are plenty of really terrible online sources of learning forex - over 90% of the stuff out there is total rubbish (goes for paid teaching as well).

Yes, that is true. You should always be careful with the information you receive.

To the OP of the thread. If I were in your shoes, the only trader I would be interested in learning from would be a professional floor trader. Unfortunately, they will not be remotely interested in mentoring. So that leaves you very expensive one on one training packages of dubious repute, books, youtube vids and sites like this one. If you have considerable fortitude with time you will get good. That said, be realistic and look to three years screentime as a guide.

I agree, I think three years is a very realistic time frame to learn how to trade if you do it every day.