Lost my Forex Confidence

Hello Kevin! I may suggest you to learn trading context. Actually, only trading indicator is not enough here, but they are useful. Don’t lose your hope dear, try to practice more and more with various trading strategy. But I think price action trading strategy is much better from indicator based trading strategy.

Did you use PA strategy? Before, I used indicator based strategy but now I am not. According to my own trading experience, PA strategy is much reliable from technical instruments.

You don’t need any indicators (except perhaps MAs), just look for the chart patterns, support/resistance zones (both horizontal and angular (triangles, channels, and such)), see what the price is telling you. Read Naked Forex book, might help you a lot.

@BardBardy

I agree with you about the 90% mindset, 10% strategy.
16th of June I bought GBP/JPY. I’m running a 828,5 pip right now. Normally I would take my profit at 150-250 pips, for once I choose to let it run… And my heartbeat is still at 80.

My money management plan is to keep my capital. And add some money monthly.
I care more about my risk management to be honest.

@Forex Verified.

Horizontal trendlines, Diagonal trendines.

And what about the triangles ? Like a descending triangle I should put an entry just below the support am I right?
The high and low tests really attracts me for some kind of reasons. Is it enough the trust on them ? Or is it better to trade on patterns. And not just candles

Good post bud. I tend to agree. Some people learn better in those situations, some people react different in those same situations.

I would love to get up, shower, make family breakfast, hope in the car, travel 3-4 blocks to my own personally office/Forex building, and have a small group of 2-3 people to BS morning and charts and news, Life just doenst allow it. Im a horrible group?school setting type of person. I quit highschool because of bubble gum, so take it for what it means, I HATE GROUP SETTINGS. People are animals,

But, on the other hand, Im not that great learning alone, LOL>. I literally have to act like Im teaching a Group, but they are just invisible, and talk to the wall more often then not.

Something about forex, is you have to know how to cut thru all the wool and BS that is on the charts.

I would aim this dude to my Mentor/Forex Guru, take time to learn the real reasoning behind Forex.

Learn to trade like setting bear traps, In areas less beatn, where the bear might wonder to unusually. The problem is tho, finding those areas, Sell into, buy into.

And finally, if you want this to work, You must be willing to get beat down, and get back up for more.

Ok, how about back testing though? Have you thoroughly backtested a strategy to see if it is profitable? Doesn’t matter if it is indicator based or price action based. You need to do this before you trade real $. And you need to accept a stark reality, you will lose, sometimes many trades in a row, but you can still be profitable if you manage risk like a successful business would. Alot of people on here are ready to give you a strategy but I think you need to work your psychology out first. Your brain is the key to being a consistently winning or losing trader. I’d like to help you out by offering you a link to Mark Douglas’ book Trading In The Zone. This is the best book on trading psychology and how to overcome your fears and build confidence and win consistently. Let me know if you would like this link and I’ll send it to you privately.

Just “a word to the wise”, Bard, if I may …

I know that this [B]wasn’t[/B] your intention, but in a forum of this kind, when you invite private contact like that, and/or offer to send links privately, it gives the [I][U]appearance[/U][/I] of someone who might be sending out incentivised affiliate-links … and understandably enough, that rings some alarm bells, you can see? :wink:

If a book’s good enough to be recommending it, you can avoid that problem just by posting an unincentivised link openly, in the forum.

In this case, that would be sensible anyway (as long as it isn’t a link to a pirated or otherwise illicit copy, obviously!), because you haven’t yet made enough posts, yourself, to use the private messaging facility, anyway. :slight_smile:

Gotcha, thanks for the heads up.

Hi

I understand very well your feelings, my first 3 years of trading I was hoping between different systems and indicators, with no success.

what I did was:

1. learn the language of price, understand clearly how price moves (without indicators). Study the charts: how price go up, down, pauses, and most importantly: how price moves so as to take the most stop losses from amateurs. I don’t know if there is some website in english explaining all this. I know one in spanish (a collection of videos with all the language of price, write me if you are interested)

2. see what do you like to see in the markets: do you prefer trending markets? ranging markets? do you like breakouts? or pauses? or pinbars?. You must select something and be familiar with that, look for that configuration, so that your eyes will be trained to detect when it happens

3. then, when you have selected a configuration you like, add some indicators to filter good configurations. You only need 2-3 indicators. I recomend you bollinger bands and RSI, but you must experiment yourself.

4. when you have your system (how to enter, i.e. the configuration you like to see, and 2-3 indicators to filter them) then you must practice a lot. I recomend that you print on paper a lot of examples of entries, and study them so your brain is trained. Then practice the “how to”. How to enter, how to manage your position, how to exit. experiment in a demo account.

5. finally you will have a robust system. The only need you need now is money managemente (just know how much you will risk per trade: less than 1% is enough). And psychology: be patient, disciplined, stick to your system with faith

6. practice, practice, practice… best with a real account but risking for example 0,5% or less, so you practice all you have: your system, money management and psychology.

That’s all. First of all: study the language of price, understand how price moves. Then look for something you like to see in the market, something that has meaning to you, that you can see easily when it happens. And then add 2-3 indicators and practice.

I can give you the link for a collection of videos in spanish explaining how price moves. Dont know if you understand spanish. If so, write me. Its free, don’t worry. Ah!! don’t spend any money in systems or websites or something like that. All the information you need is free. Just spend money in books about trading if you like.

And… don’t worry, you are in the right path: we all start like you, thinking this is a waste of money

You could start earning through Forex Trading with Demo Account. I think you will learn through it a lot.

I would suggest going back to basics. I’ve been trading for more than 10 years and, whenever I find myself in a rut, I clear all the indicators, lines and tools off of my charts and just look at bare charts for a couple of hours. I look for structure on the daily or weekly charts. I remember that the daily, weekly and monthly charts have the most influence over all other time frames. If I find the market going against me or not doing what I expect, there is usually a larger reason for it. Believe me, taking a bird’s eye view of the markets from time to time, without all the lines, circles, arrows and indicators on your charts can really charge you up again. It’s like starting over from scratch. After all, a change is as good as a rest as my ma used to say.

I think we can better learn how to earn by forex trading through practicing demo account, that’s i guess you wanted to say!!

That hit me at a very deep level! thanks.

Starting months of trading are not so good in results because you has to set your goal achieving plan . Slowly you will develop confidence when had grip on trading . Loss and profit are fluctuation in this time period.