Macfibo system

Macfibo sell hit 161.8 and went beyond 261.8 following a positive NFP data.

Hi,

I am very interested in your macfibo.

Which indicators do you use and what settings do you have?

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Alva

Hi alva…

thanks a lot for the interest. You can download the pdf file, it has all the details you need on the system. Its in the first page. Happy testing.

Some interesting fact, most Macfibo activations (by a very small difference) are actually during Sydney-Asian sessions (funnily enough) but the most profitbale are during London session. Some of my Macfibo trading friends ignore any activations during Sydney, Sydney-Asian, Asian and US sessions… they only trade the Asian-London, London and London-US sessions only.

Based on my own record (from backtesting to live trading, statistically) and my own trading style, I don’t trade any activations during US-only session. Statistically, after backtested up to over 500 trades (excluding the logs I wrote in actual Live trading after that) with trade win is defined as more than 15 pips and trade loss is less than -1 pips, Asian sessions gives our roughly 65% winning ratio and London/London-US session gives out 73% winning ratio.

Ofcourse, I don’t expect people to take my word for it. This system suits me because I like simple MA crossover system but I need an objective, non-random levels to TP at…

If you like to trade during early early Asian session, well, there was a sell opportunity few hours ago. Price is heading towards 361.8. It is also worth pointing out that price is trading below US friday’s lowest price. Have a good day, happy trading, may you make some money today.

I was wondering how you came up with this method of fib trading. I have been a fib lover for years and I have always wanted a more profitable way to trade them but it was the where to pull them that was confusing to me until I stumbled onto your method of fib pulling. Now im doing a whole lot better. I made a little over 100 pips Friday trading the Usd/Chf and I had not done that in a long time. I[I][/I][B] am looking forward to the Macfibo 2.0 version.[/B] Thanks again!

For those who are still selling, allow me to give you a profit taking levels. Up to you though…

[B][I]Now im doing a whole lot better. I[B] made a little over 100 pips Friday trading the Usd/Chf[/B] and I had not done that in a long time.[/I]
[/B]
Firstly…Congrats buddy! No need to thank me. Just sharing something worked for me. You pulled the trigger, you stick to your trading rule… so the thanks is all you buddy. I don’t want to be a party popper or anything but… like any other Moving Average crossovers system, it will face challenges when price decides to move sideways. As I mentioned in the PDF, simple S/R analysis come pretty handy… (may I suggest you reading candlestick patterns especially when price is testing the Macfibo levels…as well?). Last week was a great week for Macfibo (EU and GU)… well great week for moving average crossover traders everywhere…

[B][I]I was wondering how you came up with this method of fib trading. I have been a fib lover for years and I have always wanted a more profitable way to trade them but it was the where to pull them that was confusing to me until I stumbled onto your method of fib pulling. [/I]
[/B]
Good question. I was very interested in price projection technique… be it price patterns, wave, elliot waves etc… fibonacci provide crude projections of extension of price based on the preceeding wave. I was (still am) also a pure MA crossover trader as well. Whilst I like the simplicity of trading MA X-overs but I hate how random TP taking can be or SL taking… how many times (all due respect) have you heard on MA x-overs system that gives out just random numbers for TP or SL such as 30, 50,100, 200… sometimes had nothing to do with price action.

I fiddled plenty of indicators, line-based tools such as trendlines, gann, channels to ‘plot’ probable levels in which price has GOOD PROBABILITY/HIGH CHANCES to reach… that was the initial idea… then I played around with fibonacci. When trading MA-Xovers methods, its important to trade it when the price has closed to confirm X-over has occured… and I notice MA x-over is a breakout system… so every breakout… there is a ‘base’ or ‘box’… like london box, asian box, inside bar etc etc… AB=CD waves etc etc… so PT A and PT B is that box, or base or the D of AB=C… that gave me an idea to pull the fibs the way I pull it…

I am very happy I can share this with you guys and may you be profitable trading the system (who knows, someone found something to make it better…) :44::44:

In your PDF file, you mentioned your system is suitable within 1 hr , 4 hr, and daily chart, however, for the instance, I find there is an uptrend in 1 hr and the cross comes up , on the other hand, in 4 hr chart, there is a downtrend and the cross shows up also well, in this way…how you deal with this sorts of situation? enter a trade based on 1 hr or 4 hr? many thanks…

I’ve backtested over 500 trades before without taking any notice on what is happening in bigger or smaller timeframe (if I backtest on H4, I never look at D1, If on H1, never look at H4), and the result was as stated earlier. Very often I trade without checking the ‘overall trend’ in H4 or D1.

It is pretty subjective if you ask me. Right current situation, H4 is on a macfibo sell but on H1 price is on potential oversold area @ 361.8… So if there is a buy signal on H1 whilst H4 still on a Sell mode (yet to hit 161.8)… I will take the buy anyway but with extra care…

As of now, D1 is on a Sell (yet to hit 127) and H4 is on a sell (yet to hit 161.8)… so ideally price should be going down… perhaps you can ignore the H1 buy activation because the overall trend is Sell. As of current situation, I would take a buy signal but thats just me.

All in all, it is up to you. If you the type of who likes to trade according to the bigger timeframe Macfibo direction, i see no harm in that. But let me say now, based on the statistics, ‘Counter trend macfibo’ is as profitbale as ‘With Trend macfibo’… due to failed Macfibo… Counter trend Macfibo and With trend Macfibo both yields almost similar % of losses… so there…

• Counter Trend Macfibo = Example Sell H1, Buy H4 OR Sell H4, Buy D1
  • WIth Trend Macfibo = Example Buy H1, Buy H4 or Buy H4, Buy D1

excellent job there…i totally understand…cheers my friend…

Since we are talking about multi timeframe analysis on Macfibo, one of my trading friends do trade only according to the D1 Macfibo. What made he did this is he backtested, logged every Macfibo activations on D1 since 2001 data. He calculated how many times price has hit 127.2, 161.8, 261.8 and even the failed ones…

He thought that price has X% chance to hit 127.2, he will only take H1 or H4 trade according to the D1 Macfibo direction (to 127.2). Once hits 127.2… then he will do another trading plan, a trading plan for the next target… 161.8… and so on…

So basically, if D1 activated a Sell, he will only take Macfibo basic entries and re-entries (will be included in PDF file version 2.0) that is Sell only in H1/H4. Any re-entries on H1/H4 around D1 127.2 level will be taken with confidence with the fact that on D1 price need to move towards… say D1 161.8.

No problem. Keep reading the thread. :smiley:

Price is still inside Asian session range, price tested 20sma… not much economical news release today (the German economic data was as useless as my right football foot). A buy activation—PT A that is over the asian range, would be awesome. PT A that is inside Asian session, well… price will be still inside a consolidation price range… normally not good. Just wait for a better setup.

Random Macfibo tips :

Activation candle (PT A) outside session’s range gives high probability trading success (hitting 161.8) than the ones inside session’s range (if Red is also outside the range, normally better than not).

just a question about EMA. EMA 5 and 8 applied to close, open or other?

when will the version 2.0 come up then?

Macfibo H4

I haven’t found the appropriate time to do a proper write up. I try within this month.