Macfibo system

it might be due to the spread between the bid and ask price, just a thought.

omfx

Of coarse you didn’t invent the Bollinger bands. And you didn’t answer my question about the settings?

Christina

Thanks Sufiansaid! And thanks for the thorough response. I really appreciate all the help your giving.
And I also think the chat room is better over the skype idea.

Well I just placed a buy order on the Usd/Chf and the s/r line is right above the 1.618 fib ext. Sorry for not posting a chart but im at work right now.

Hi Billionz, could you post a chart when you get a chance? I’m trying to get to grips with s/r and s-s/r’s and just can’t see a resistance line based on the last few days just above what I make the 1.618 fib ext on this trade.

Hoping you can help, and hoping a light will come on for me!

Or do previous support areas become resistance areas when broken?

You enter the trade after the close of the entry signal candle, where is not “important” - Although following the Accumulation/Distribution Phases theory, would be betetr to enter when the candle is above open when shorting or below open when long

Hope it helps!

nope there was still some space :frowning:

Yes a broken S COULD become a R ( and R become a S the other way around). You get confirmation of this when and if it gets re-tested.

Feel free to ask whatever further question about it, It’s fundamental for your daily chart analysis!

At disposal!

Well, if one didn’t laugh, one would cry…

I closed my D1 short EURUSD trade last night when 5x8 for a total loss of around 113 pips. Then what happens? Right now, I’d be back at BE.

Vessel, losing trades happen, point is that losing 113 pips on a trade is way too much, risk management mate! Was it demo or live?
Don’t ever lose more than 2% on a single trade, that’s the general rule.

How long have you been trading?

Live.

Point taken on risk management.

Not long enough, in answer to your last question.

Hi guys!!

Sorry for being MIA today. Its my wifes birthday today so uts “market closed” 24 hours earlier for me. I will definitely read all the posts, questions here and will comment anything that nreds commenting and answer all the questions or add anything that cryagony has answered (thanks for holding the fort for me buddy!) tomorrow. Again sorry for being MIA.

You enter at the OPEN of the next candle. It’s like this to avoid confusion :

1- You wait for trading signal
2- 5ema crossed 20sma after a candle closed
3- You enter immediately.

As Cyanized have answered, you take a signal after confirmation. Confirmation is after the candle close.

Macro what? :smiley: hehe

I am assuming a normal BB is the default setting in MT4… which is Period 20SMA and 2.0.

Hi vessel, as the same advice i gave to another trader here, it is best you leave this S/R Analysis alone for now and just trade what you 110% understand whilst on the sideline you open up a blank chart (no indicators, just candles) and practise plotting this S/R lines. Though I strongly believe it is very objective in picking those lines but you still need to practise it. Don’t apply it on live account just yet.

If you still think S/R line should be included in your analysis, then just make it simple for now… just plot yesterday’s high low as your S-SR line… and not more than that.

Yes, as stated in one example in ver 1.1, today’s resistance can be tomorrow’s support and vice versa… even if it has been broken.

Happened to me many times before. Sorry not to advice you this immediately but I always contacted them as soon as it happens.

If 113 pips loss equals to 2-5% of your account, then it should be fine. Losses happen. Does that 113 pips loss still equal to within your risk percentage per trade?

I once had a 230 pips loss before but it equals to 3% of my account so it is NOT as bad as it looks. Trading the D1 it is almost normal to have that huge LOSS. It all depends on your risk profile and I won’t judge your style due to that… but again Id like to clarify that I do not trade the D1 Macfibo the same way I trade Macfibo H1.

Assuming you have $1000 and you have a rule to risk only 2% of your account for overall position. So, 2% of $1000 is $20. If you trade D1, it is only realistic to set a SL (for EU btw) around 150-200 pips right? Well this is just a quick assumption (you should backtest and obtain data what is the average loss via 5ema 8sma recross on D1!! see… backtest is magic!) So with 150-200 pips probable SL, then you can set your position size that even after hitting 150-200 pips loss… you only lose $20. Ofcourse this means you will set a smaller position size than this.