Macfibo system

XAUUSD

I’ve traded XAUUSD live once or twice this year but with the smallest lot my broker allows me. It is a beast. Thee averag daily range (calculated over 3 years) for this pair is 250-300. Sounds great right? If you only think about making pips… but how about risk? A single Macfibo exit will rake between 50-100 pips in H1 alone.

I need to obtain more data on XAUUSD. I don’t have as much time I used to (now having two small kids and all)… in my free time I backtest, analyse, backtest, analyse and trade the pair I have tested over 500 trades. I will try to test this beast and see what is the statistics.

Currently there is a failing Macfibo buy trade on this pair…

following brother…:wink: honestly speaking yesterday you saved my trade i was short and after reading your thread and activation trigger… switched to long and mde some pips

keep posting

Thank you for reading the thread and interested in the system. Good to hear you made some pips. Just to say this just incase you don’t know (i’m sure you do but i just want to make some ‘disclaimer’ hehehe… some of my posts, which happens to sound like a trade signal or trade reccomendation, shouldn’t be taken as one hehehhee…this time I ‘save your trade’ though indirectly… perhaps one day I might cause you some loses. Hehehhe… but it is always nice to hear that your ssytem helps somebody wherever they be, to make some profits. Keep on reading my friend! :48:

I do :15: thanks for your concern

It is quite tempting to go short now (EU) isn’t it? Always wait for a candle close… and then you look if red crossed 20sma… if hasn’t… eventhough how tempting it looks… don’t! (this is also a reminder to myself). If 5 do cross 20sma (candle need to close lower though), it is one of the nice setups. Price has closed below asian session low and it is during London session… so yeah… let’s wait. (dont pull the trigger yet… wait for new candle and see it has crossed)

No worries. EU is going down now… let’s wait and see.

watching as per rules

Macfibo Sell Confirmed. (5ema is below 20sma) Enter. TP @ 161.8. Right above yesterday LOW. Price is below Asian Session LOW. All look OK. Exit plan is NO fixed SL, and will initiate 5emax8sma exit mechanism incase price dont reach 161.8.

Happy trading.

(This is not a trade reccomendation or trading signal for you to follow)

5 crossed 20sma… what is your opinion

all the best…:60:

you have one more winner…InshAllah

thanks for sharing … TP 97 (161.8) plz correct

hi all
I only trade in demo but i have been following this thread for a couple of weeks now. just made another good trade. keep thread going. thx dave

target achieved…:slight_smile:

Price hit TP. Happy days… London will close soon… Time to switch off now. Till tomorrow see u guys…

What moving averages do you use? I tried DLing the .pdf, but it came out in some totally alien language. I’ve been playing with cross overs, so I want to play with this one!

Alien language???.. What program did you use to read it?..

5EMA Close
8SMA Close
20SMA Close.

Happy testing the system. CHeers.

I entered a sell yesterday. Hit the target @ 161.8. Price currently testing 200.0 now. We will go from there.

One new thing I will do for this thread is to post daily or weekly update Macfibo Trade Record For 2012. I’ve extracted from the ‘Master file’ record and put it into a new spreadsheet. Trades from 1 January 2012 until current. Trade records are strictly based on the trading rules posted in the PDF, except few additional rules :

1. Trade activations after London close will not be taken nor logged.
  2. Activations before Major economic news, Fixed SL will be put on 1:1 RR ratio

That’s it. I convert the spreadsheet into PDF format so you can just view it.

Here’s the summarised statistics on Macfibo trades for 2012 so far (EURUSD) :

No of trades : 44
Wins : 30
Loss : 14
Win % : 68.2%

Avg Win : 35.9 pips
Avg Loss : 27.5 pips

Pips Harvested : 1078
Pips Loss : 385
Net Pips : 693

Worst Run (total pips in consecutive losses) : 87 pips
Best Run (total pips in consecutive wins) : 502 pips
Average Losing Run (average total pips in consecutive losses) : 42.78
Average Winning Run (average total pips in consecutive wins) : 109.6 pips

So far in terms of average losses and total pips during losing run, I think… i can live with that.

Macfibo_Record.pdf (111 KB)

great results… i am closely watching, yesterday I was out at 161.8 TP at 1.3097 will enter as per rules