Macfibo system

My trading partner haven’t replied as to wether my draft writeup is 100% ok to be published. I know I said “hopefully by Monday or Tuesday” the pdf shud be up and running for download. I apologise for the delay.

I hate to disappoint so allow me just give out the trading parameters as simple as I can right now (my own interpretation). The basic steps:

1.Open D1 chart, have 5ema and 8sma ONLY
2.Open H1 chart, have the usual Macfibo MAs
3.Done that? Good…
4.Check D1 5ema 8sma, IF 5ema above 8sma it means we are in a "buying wave"
5. go to H1, look for a Macfibo Buying signal ONLY.
6.vice versa for a “Selling Wave”.

Easy right? Doesn’t look so different than your average “look for the bigger trend” kind of strategy…

Other things to note:
a. his parameter, he doesn’t limit the validity of the signal to certain Open times (whereas in the original Macfibo system, we only trade within asian open until london close only).

B. Macfibo filters like SR line does apply.

Mobonacci, good catch but can you share how you diversify your TP levels, why 2 levels, how do you adjust your money management risk management etc etc etc. Things like that are very useful for others (and myself) to know and perhaps to learn from (potential parameters to be tested)

Hi Sufian, its so good that now you are back to guide us. This seems like simple easy add-on to the current system. How is the result compared to the original Macfibo?

I risk no more than 3% per trade from my account or 720$ per trade and the risk for the last trade was 32 pips. I open 2 positions 360$ each (2 positions x 360 $/ each = 720$ total risk per trade). My volume was 1.12 lot for 1 opened position (320$ : 32 pips = 1.12 lot). My TP 1 and TP 2 was Fibonacci levels as you can see from the example. When TP1 is hit 1st trade is automaticly closed and I move second trade to BE and wait for TP2 to be hit or 5ema to cross 8ema … thats it. If you don’t get something, please tell me and I will explain it again.
Martin

Hai Sufian, i just wanna say thanks to you. maybe i combined a lil with what i know. but this time i post today trade with your system… once again thank you very much for sharing. What a day… can we call it a day? hehe

Hello Sufian, very soon it will be almost 2 years since the time this thread was started. It would be very interesting to know your thoughts and opinion about your own system. Have you been trading it actively / full time since then ? How has it been working for you ? Please share some of your thoughts with us and enlighten us.

Also, any progress on that PDF that you were putting together for us ? :slight_smile:

I have moved on from H1 to D1 and Monthly timeframe. I have my personal reasons why I’ve stopped trading it H1 (not forex related but time related… H1 is too “fast” for a guy with 3 small kids) … not because it is not profitable (according to my cousin who are trading it with eurusd and gbpusd… it still rake 62% and 65% winning ratio at H1 and H4 respectively… BUt dont take my word for it though…)

You can see I havent be able to do a PDF but I already posted it all the rules that it is to know about Macfibo D1.

Perhaps more people starting to think Macfibo is an obsolete system that belongs to the museum heheheheheh

Hi Sufian, I am still using Macfibo with H1 timeframe but with a tweak of strategy here and there. It is profitable system. Thanks for your contribution.

Awesome. Above 60% winning rate?

The winning rate varies from 45%-70%. The highest is at 75% But again, it is my modified version of Macfibo.

[B]Latest H1 EURUSD hit…[/B] :46::46::46:

the “new version” of the PDF will not be released as it is not my system… it is a ‘modified’ Macfibo done by my ex-trading partner. I personally and honestly do not think it is any more profitable than the original Macfibo (what I mean is it too has its losing streak moments too, as much as any other MA crossover systems).

Eventhough I failed to deliver the PDF… i posted the entire parameters of this ‘new version’ of Macfibo… Read it below. Sorry to dissapoint

First you do… check which wave you are currently in…

Lets say in D1 on a Tuesday the 5x8 crossovered for a buy Signal so you wanna go to Wednesday only looking to buy on H1. Say on that Wednesday theres already an ongoing Macfibo buy main signal in H1 that had been activated on Monday or Tuesday, then you are looking for a secondary signal or hopefully a fresh main Buy signal (ofcourse after a correction MA crossover = sell signal).

For a secondary signal, you will be wondering where to TP… you refer to the PDF how to TP in secondary signal.

Someone might wanna backtest this, ive tested this since January 2014 though for fun…

Check 5x8 sentiment in H4.
If sentiment Buy, go M15 and look for Macfibo buy signals
if sentiment Sell, go M15 and look for Macfibo sell signals.
all other factors like risk management applicable.

How profitable is this compared to the original H1 Macfibo?

This is good for the Intraday Traders who are impatient. But as long as it is profitable, who cares :19:

I don’t know at this point but when i backtested it until 2013 data… it harvested 2% more pips than the original H1 Macfibo…

Great. I will forward testing this with demo.

macfibo hitting targets…